Two unpopular suggestions to improve Halloween

Silvia.9130

1) I think it's a little too easy to troll and grieve in the labyrinth, when you can safely do it anonymously and with nobody having a sure proof that it's you and not that guy close to you.My idea would be to make the name of whomever opens a door flash on everyone's screen and chat, like the names of people who get the top spots in races, so to speak.That way, those people who deliberately open doors when there is a squad will put their face in the deed, but also the trolls whom, for example, would open lich while fighting Steve nearby. It's all very funny when nobody can blame you, right?

2) Lunatic Inquisition. I know, there are very few people who actually like this game, along with me, and I don't have high hopes to see something happening, but... it's truly degrading to see, year after year, the same out of map exploiters that were reported over and beyond, still finding new out of map spots where to, pretty much, afk farm.I know that ANet did something already and I don't blame them if people keep finding new out of maps, so my idea would be simple: rework the way rewards are given.For example, if a villager stands still in its spot without doing anything, like interacting with ghosts, doing events and such, in case of victory only get 3 bags. Or 5. Anyway, a much lower amount that the usual 15. In other words, the idea would be to make it totally not worth it to afk farm inquisition and also push villagers to play and not just sit in one spot for the whole match.

I really hope that ANet can do something about these, because after so many years, they are getting quite frustrating.

Bonus: could you please disable the 'level up push' effect inside the laby? Not because it causes any disturbance to me, if a couple of mobs move out, but because I can't stand anymore the bunch of people accusing others of doing it on purpose... ?

1.) While I get that some people like to squad for lab, some commanders have no idea what they're doing and you don't always have time to sit and watch them faceroll the Viscount/Lich/Steve during their door run when you're just there for dailies. Undoubtedly some people do go into the lab to troll, but most of the time it's just players enjoying the lab on their own or knocking out daily achievements.

In short, differing playstyles aren't really something that needs 'fixing', and applying a callout to lab doors would do more harm than good. You'd be trading one problem for another.

2.) This seems reasonable. I've seen the people you're talking about for years now.

3.) I wish they'd change a lot about leveling up, like the flash and sound, but the knockback is disruptive and not even something a player can control when they level. Not a huge deal, but certainly annoying in the labyrinth.

Also, and this isn't in response to anything the OP proposed, but the weekly trader for this festival has horrid prices. A candy corn cob for a single transmutation charge? I also wouldn't mind seeing some of the raven minis come down in price; even after years of doing this festival I can never justify their price.

1) sounds like a really bad thing. if you could choose lab instance maybe, but what if you simply don't want to play in a farming squad? you get thrown into an instance and by quite a big chance you land in a farmed instance. go back out and back in and it doesn'T change because it's still the best instance for you.doors that scale up in mob count get a lot more valuable in a squad for anyone but in a game there is nothing like a "optimal play rule". you've got the right to play bad.

I'm surprised OP didn't think to complain about the absolute horror of trying to take on one of the other bosses or simply collect some candy corn, only to discover that someone had the misfortune to pop Steve whilst doing the race (or walked into it during the trap spawn).

Snark aside, not everything that goes against your wishes is "somebody out to ruin your day."

Real fixes to these problems would be:

• Faster door spawns -- no more waiting 10+ minutes for everyone to zerg the one non-boss door on the map.
  • Better tutorials -- this lets new players (and returning ones) know that SOME doors have particularly nasty foes behind them, instilling a sense of caution.
  • Despawn timeouts -- if a boss goes undefeated for a period of time (say, 10 minutes, like a bounty), it retreats back through its door, causing the door to despawn. Same with Steve.

Fixes that aren't on ANet to implement, but rather part of the community working together:

• Better communication -- we've got a /mentor mode, let's use it to help new players know which doors to actively avoid.
  • Better coordination -- be mindful of other players nearby, and give them space.
  • Not pretending that yours is the only group -- sometimes small parties of friends come in to do their own stuff, be that attempt a boss (3-man Lich is insane if it works) or simply farm pumpkins for the annual achieve. This is perfectly fine, and the nature of open-world gameplay.

@Silvia.9130 said:1) I think it's a little too easy to troll and grieve in the labyrinth, when you can safely do it anonymously and with nobody having a sure proof that it's you and not that guy close to you.My idea would be to make the name of whomever opens a door flash on everyone's screen and chat, like the names of people who get the top spots in races, so to speak.That way, those people who deliberately open doors when there is a squad will put their face in the deed, but also the trolls whom, for example, would open lich while fighting Steve nearby. It's all very funny when nobody can blame you, right?

It wouldn't change anything, there's nothing you can do about it, knowing the name or not. Here's the situation with your idea: your squad fights the steve, someone opens the door, his name glows/flickers/whatever, you see who did it, so now... Yeah, what now? What are you supposed to achieve here?

Also if you don't want to open the door then don't stand next to it in the first place, pretty easy.

• Confused 1