DID YOU SEE THE ALLIANCES ENTRY IN THE ROADMAP!!??!?!??

Strider Pj.2193

I know its hard to read so will highlight 1 line for you OP

Since our work in Cantha is top secret for now, today we’re sharing a high-level look at our Living World and festival release plans for every month from November 2020 through May 2021.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-icebrood-saga-champions/

Living world and festival release roadmap that is pure pve all of it.Why should it mention wvw alliances?

@Lady Sapphirah.6234 said:I just think GW1 Cantha = Alliance Battles, JQ FA map fights... Hopefully new expansion Cantha = wvw and siege turtles.

That's just it, that's likely what they are planning. Remove wvw altogether, and make it a 2 way kurz/luxon battle again for alliance control of territories. Basically, a redo of Factions. WvW as we know it will end with Cantha.

@"Linken.6345" said:I know its hard to read so will highlight 1 line for you OP

Since our work in Cantha is top secret for now, today we’re sharing a high-level look at our Living World and festival release plans for every month from November 2020 through May 2021.

Living world and festival release roadmap that is pure pve all of it.Why should it mention wvw alliances?

So... here is how you ‘highlight’: place double asterix before and after Each word/phrase you want.

Like so: sarcasm

@"TeqkOneStylez.8047" said:How was alliances supposed to work and what would it change? I've heard talk about it "coming" for a long time but it was before I started to WvW.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring/p1

This is the initial information. There were two more ‘updates’.

It has started to feel like a meme at this point.

And honestly, I would be fine if they just stated ‘we decided because of (fill in the blank) that alliances wasn’t feasible.’

But they haven’t.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"TeqkOneStylez.8047" said:How was alliances supposed to work and what would it change? I've heard talk about it "coming" for a long time but it was before I started to WvW.

This is the initial information. There were two more ‘updates’.

It has started to feel like a meme at this point.

And honestly, I would be fine if they just stated ‘we decided because of (fill in the blank) that alliances wasn’t feasible.’

But they haven’t.

It's getting to the point where you have to wonder if the devs working on alliances all left/got made redundant in the recent restructure, and none of the current devs actually know what alliances were even supposed to be.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:I know its hard to read so will highlight 1 line for you OP

So... here is how you ‘highlight’: place double asterix before and after Each word/phrase you want.

Like so:
sarcasm

I would say the blue quote boarder also high light it since its a different colour

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:I know its hard to read so will highlight 1 line for you OP

Like so:
sarcasm

I would say the blue quote
boarder
also high light it since its a different colour

It has a room?

I guess you missed the sarcasm in both posts despite the bold In the second one.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Like so:
sarcasm

boarder

It has a room?

I guess you missed the sarcasm in both posts despite the
bold
In the second one.

Oh this was just a troll thread then just giving miss information got it

It was rightfully scrapped as a bad idea. It took no accounting for timezone and would surely curtail transfer revenue.. A double whammy.

The disappointing part is for that to be the end of it. Devs are game makers, I'd think coming up with novel solutions for things such as population control would be some of the most personally rewarding work in the genre. But then again Anet may be mostly graphic artists now, grinding out living story and trying not to wind up on the axe list like any mundane factory grunt.

@LetoII.3782 said:It was rightfully scrapped as a bad idea. It took no accounting for timezone and would surely curtail transfer revenue.. A double whammy.

The disappointing part is for that to be the end of it. Devs are game makers, I'd think coming up with novel solutions for things such as population control would be some of the most personally rewarding work in the genre. But then again Anet may be mostly graphic artists now, grinding out living story and trying not to wind up on the axe list like any mundane factory grunt.

Like I been saying, they won't admit they scrapped it when marketing discovered they could not monetize it to replace the Gem sales they made with the bandwagon transfers to link servers.

@LetoII.3782 said:It was rightfully scrapped as a bad idea. It took no accounting for timezone and would surely curtail transfer revenue.. A double whammy.

Well said.

Don’t continue to refer to something on the periphery if it isn’t going to happen.

Say something like ‘we are unable to provide the system we discussed at this time. We can’t say it won’t happen, but it isn’t in the development phase any longer’

I mean, it would bug me, but it would be over.

@Linken.6345 said:

Like so:
sarcasm

boarder

It has a room?

I guess you missed the sarcasm in both posts despite the
bold
In the second one.

Oh this was just a troll thread then just giving miss information got it

Information has a gender?

And no, the information it provided was accurate. ?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Well said.

Don’t continue to refer to something on the periphery if it isn’t going to happen.

Say something like ‘we are unable to provide the system we discussed at this time. We can’t say it won’t happen, but it isn’t in the development phase any longer’

I mean, it would bug me, but it would be over.

If they can't figure out a new system for Alliances they should copy the mega server and launch an open world pvp version. Guilds can get together to form an Alliance guild that can be tagged or designated as an Alliance only guild so everyone can check that guilds chat to communicate while still repping their own guild. Then just change something to not allow friendly fire on anyone in an Alliance tagged guild even if not representing it at the moment. To boot someone from an alliance guild it could work like a group vote kick and guild leaders or officers gets a message. They can put a control point under structures in the world that guilds can claim and get bonuses from or whatever and add supply yaks to maps.

At the moment there's like a small window of time in WvW and only really one or two main areas where large fights happen for more than a minute. It seems like people only really bother to siege when someone needs a keep take or just as an F U so they might as well let us rejoin the main world and get all of the story and expansion aesthetic and music if WvW is going to be forgotten.