Has the Legendary Armory changed your play habits?

Please comment on what content you would be doing if not for the LA announcement if so. I actually really liked Icebrood saga whenever I play it, I just haven't touched it much, so I'm scared that the devs will look at /played metrics and be like "O Noes! Teh saga is bombing"! When really I'd be playing it more if I wasn't bogged down in legendary achievement grinds.

I actually really want to collect the stormcaller and illuminated boreal weapon skins as I have time for them, but they're prohibitively expensive and I haven't been doing much IB saga right now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting my first armor from raids was a plan or goal by itself. Once achieved, I kept raiding and built the other two weights when enough stuff had gathered. Getting the PvP legendary armor was a goal again. Once I was done with that I did other things, hunted some AP again, kept up with releases and played lots of dressup requiring new skins every now and then.So no, not really. Legendary armors were plans or goals I went for like I go for other objectives in the game. I estimate, if I can meet the requirements ingame like time that has to be spent, wether or not I need other people, costs of materials or possible tricky metas/JPs/Achievements. Then I try to answer the question wether it's "worth it" for me and if it is, I stay very focused on my goal and try to sidetrack as little as possible, spend as little as possible outside of the shopping list and stuff like that.

Sort-of but not really? When lege armour was introduced with HoT, i wanted it and made it a long-term goal. I made my second set not so long ago because i wanted the flexibility; that goal was made at a similar time to my first set (light) but pve medium armour set is so ugly i will not make it. By the time i had finished my first set of lege armour, i already had 6 lege weapons; mainly because i liked their appearance and utility across my characters. However, the LA announcement has incentivised me to look into lege trinkets, something which i wasn't going to bother with past the backpack (which i have yet to complete). I don't deem the lege runes or sigils to be worth the time and material investment, so they are of no importance to me at the moment.

I've been more focused on getting caught up on all of my achievements in general before EoD comes out. But the legendaries and those achievement counterparts are more of an side/end-goal for me all things considered and I will get there when I get there. So my play habits have not changed at all. Why rush? When the feature gets here it isn't gonna go anywhere.

As a whole, no, the LA has not changed my play habits. Skin collecting and AP hunting is basically my primary long-term goal in this game, and so I've been collecting all weapon/armor skins I can acquire regardless of whether or not the items are something that I actually need. That said, I AM eagerly looking forward to the Armory because it will make gearing up my characters for various builds a lot easier. Instead of having to clutter my bank and bags with multiple sets of trinkets, for instance, now I will only need one set shared amongst all my characters. It will probably also push me towards finally crafting Legendary weapons, as previously it was hard to justify the expense coupled with the annoyance of having to shuffle the weapon across multiple characters. (And I certainly wasn't keen on the idea of crafting multiple Legendary weapons across multiple characters. That's insanely cost-prohibitive.)

I dont think they changed my play habits. But having my legendary sets usable on multiple chars could be a good qol option so i can have more diversity with the builds i play in raids and fractals... i always was going to craft leggy armor sets and some weapons and 1 backpack and the trinckets... the LA just makes me see more uses for these leggies

I'm not going to change my playing habits based on rumours and hopes alone. As the matter stands now, we have no idea when the Armoury will be released (for all we know it can still be years away - definitely nothing points to it being anywhere close to release). The same can be said about functionality - we don't really know how it would work, how many of features will get monetized, and how badly might that impact the feature's functionality.

In order for the Amroury to have any impact on my playstyle, i would need to know a lot more about it first. For now, it's all so nebulous i'm not even going to bother considering it.

I'm not going to make any decisions based on the legendary armoury until we know exactly how it works, otherwise there's too much risk of wasting time on something which turns out to be pointless for me.

If sharing legendary armour means I have to use the same skins on all the characters wearing it then it's completely useless to me. I'd rather stick with the separate sets I've already got (not all ascended, but still) than try to find 1 set of skins which would fit every character and then be stuck with no customisation from that point on.

Same with weapons to some extent. I do share the Bifrost between a few characters, but to be honest the way I design characters rainbows can fit in with several of them and others use a staff so rarely it's not worth making one for them (and it will be nice to not have to play "Who's got the Bifrost?" when I realise it's not on the character I thought had it). But I can't see anyone except my charr thief using the Claw of the Khan-Ur or anyone except my ranger using the Dreamer.

At the moment I don't have any legendary armour but the armoury might convince me to make more of an effort towards it. I've technically started on the medium WvW set because I wanted some of the lower tier skins but I haven't made much progress and it's not a priority for me. Or as I said the armoury might be totally useless and then it will continue to be a low priority thing I might do one day.

There was no option to select which did not somehow have some pre-selected implied behavior from TC. A simply yes or no would have sufficed for such a question.

As far as the legendary armory, I was expecting this to be an EoD expansion perk when it was announced, and it seems even that might be to early expectation wise for when it might be ready.

To answer the question:Yes, my behavior did change. I was in the process of crafting 9 legendary armors, 1 for each profession for my main classes of that profession. I stopped after 6, when the legendary armory was announced. Going to have to wait and see how and what the armory actually is and given how it seems this is to be far far far off, who knows what that will entail.

I was in the process of crafting all legendary weapons, 1 of each type alternating between T1 and T2, for my main character. This changed to getting every legendary weapon at least 1nce, which the now not devoted resources for further legendary armor are going to.

As far as trinkets, those I've been working on in the spare time missing only a great amount of spvp wins for the amulet. Not crafting the WvW ring orS Spvp amulet until there is some confirmation on how exactly the armor will work, and most important being able to hide effects. Especially considering I'd prefer the slumber versions IF effects can not be hidden. The huge disparity between ascended trinkets, which are thrown at a player left and right, and the cost of legendary trinkets has put these last 2 slots at the very end of the list.

TL;DR:My behavior did change but mostly in how prioritize legendary gear I am crafting, which I do as a side activity while playing the game.

When it was first announced yes I went straight into making my first legendries, a set of armor. After that I thought for sure it wouldn't be much longer but before I knew it I'd completed my first weapon too.But as of now more than 7 months later with no ETA, I'm starting to think it might just be bunched in with the expansion that's at least another 7/8 months away. If that's the case I wish they'd let us know.

It has. While I have built several Legendary Weapons over the normal course of gameplay, I avoided the Legendary Armor and Accessories because the time investment in content I don't enjoy was enormous. With the extremely useful benefits described in the LA, the misery incurred by participating in WvW, PvP, or Raids would at least carry some payoff, for those of us who aren't masochists anyway.

I have tons of legendary weapons. And I'm sure the armory will make them a lot more convenient to use between characters. I'd LOVE to have legendary armor. But since it only comes through game modes I'm not interested in, I doubt I'll be getting it. So no, it hasn't changed my play style so far.

Nope. As I enjoy playing an hour or two of WvW every day, I had already started working on a set of heavy legendary armor before the Armory announcement came out. And I'm still playing the same amount of WvW now. One thing did change though. Before the announcement I had no specific goal beyond the first set of leggy armor. Now my long range goal is to have a full set in each armor class. Once that's done, I'll look into leggy trinkets. So the announcement had no immediate effect on my gameplay, it just set up some long term goals for me.

@Astralporing.1957 said:I'm not going to change my playing habits based on rumours and hopes alone. As the matter stands now, we have no idea when the Armoury will be released (for all we know it can still be years away - definitely nothing points to it being anywhere close to release). The same can be said about functionality - we don't really know how it would work, how many of features will get monetized, and how badly might that impact the feature's functionality.

In order for the Amroury to have any impact on my playstyle, i would need to know a lot more about it first. For now, it's all so nebulous i'm not even going to bother considering it.

^^^ This.

They talked about it, but they also talked about WvW Alliances, until it's actually in place its not real. I wouldn't recommend changing your play style because it may never come out.

Very much so. Before the announcement I had 1 weapon 2 back pieces that were legendary. After the announcement I added 2 full sets and 5/6 pieces of armor, Amulet, Ring, and one more weapon to that list. I am really close to finishing vision and I plan to go after aurora. My play has been focused towards legendary and not much else. After I get done getting all legendary trinkets and my last piece of armor I will probably be found in WvW.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:A Legendary Armory coming was my reasons for making 6 Legendary Runes and 4 Legendary Sigils. I don't want to think about purchasing upgrades on my characters ever again.

Having to purchase new runes/sigils from future releases aside, isn't it possible to freely swap upgrades from Legendary weapons/armor? If so, barring some major shifts in the meta or radical overhauls of upgrades, you could just buy a set of the current meta upgrades and just swap them in and out of your armor (using Equipment Templates) for a much cheaper cost than making the Legendary upgrades.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:A Legendary Armory coming was my reasons for making 6 Legendary Runes and 4 Legendary Sigils. I don't want to think about purchasing upgrades on my characters ever again.

Best make another rune for your underwater breather then mate.

... and 4 more sigils for the underwater weapons. Then they announce legendary infusions... and legendary bags...