Just take consumables out of the game while your at it

Wuffy.9732

@Sir Alymer.3406 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:"Open" World is not everything.People still use them in t3+ and Strike Missions.They probably are expected in raids as well.

Consumables like those that were banned from use in Fractals and Dungeons today weren't ever and aren't currently usable in raids or strikes. What are you on about?

The topic was about removing consumables in general.Not all consumables were banned from instanced content today.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:"Open" World is not everything.People still use them in t3+ and Strike Missions.They probably are expected in raids as well.

Consumables like those that were banned from use in Fractals and Dungeons today weren't ever and aren't currently usable in raids or strikes. What are you on about?

The topic was about removing consumables in general.Not all consumables were banned from instanced content today.

it was specifically about "cc consumables" in the OPEditAnd yea what consumables could you use in raids other then food and utility?

I mean, they were not really a part of the game as is. They are a relic of a concept they never really followed through with and only later on people found use for them. Breakbars should mean some thought put into being able to break them with your builds, not having the right cheese in your hand.

@"Wuffy.9732" said:sorry for the confusion, should have put "CC" consumables in the title. But figured everyone would know what I was talking about since the last patch...

You literally wrote cc consumables in the opening paragraph so i don't see where the confusion could possibly happen. Nor were those EVER useable in raids or strike missions

@Redsnabba.9172 said:

@"Wuffy.9732" said:sorry for the confusion, should have put "CC" consumables in the title. But figured everyone would know what I was talking about since the last patch...

You literally wrote cc consumables in the opening paragraph so i don't see where the confusion could possibly happen. Nor were those EVER useable in raids or strike missions

The second posters second post dont agree with you about there not being any confusion =)

@"Scavarius.6059" said:imagine needing an additional weaponset just to cheese a gamemode. not to mention that i never ever saw someone use that stuff in fractals. no, this change is fine. also "banned" is a pretty heavy word.

"cheese" is a pretty heavy word. There are a lot of other technical exploits that could be addressed in here. White mantle portal device? gg for mistlock reset? The countless skips past ads and mobs anet never bothered to fix (eg. aetherblade, uncat, urban, cliffside, shattered, etc?

Hey I just call it like it is. After all, the fractal pugs are just "cheesing" the gamemode as you say.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:Instead of removing them why not add a spot in the novelty button where you can use them in battle using that button? It doesn’t get use in battle anyway right now and just takes up space in your skill bar, and if you need to use it quickly you hit “u” and bam it’s done.

So anet says we dont want you to use these in instanced battle and your solution is to give it a special inventory slot that you can bind a hotkey to?

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:Instead of removing them why not add a spot in the novelty button where you can use them in battle using that button? It doesn’t get use in battle anyway right now and just takes up space in your skill bar, and if you need to use it quickly you hit “u” and bam it’s done.

So anet says we dont want you to use these in instanced battle and your solution is to give it a special inventory slot that you can bind a hotkey to?

Isn't that what Anet essentially already did for OW and Strikes with the Icebrood Saga Masteries?

Clearly they don't want the people who desperately still need to learn the game mechanics the most to play "as intended by adjusting their build".Even worse, they don't even need to learn when and why to use that special action key for uber CC, bc it just conveniently lights up and comes available when needed.Still worse, I remember some Strike bosses being better not CC'ed, providing larger DPS windows, yet no matter how many times told not to, people would still hit that button every time, bc hey, shiny new button to press - who cares why and what it does.

Now in theory I 100% agree with the overcoming by adjusting build philosophy, I'm just not entirely sure why they keep dumbing down the game foundation at the lowest level where people apparently are supposed to learn the game by constantly giving them more tools which invalidate combat mechanics (be it provide CC, give boons, etc.), but then at the same timer go after the very small remaining niche of hardcore players who have mastered the game and are looking for/using even more niche extra tools to further elevate their gameplay and to keep things interesting instead, and by doing so just keep furthering the gap between both players and the content.

UI wise no special inventory slot would have been needed to fix the "iventory open issue", they could have just made the CC consumables Novelties, which already have a hotkey.

@Wuffy.9732 said:Who even uses cc consumables in open world? Nobody? Yea that's what I figured as much. Since it's useless now' better off just removing them from the game completely. No point in extra unnecessary in-game content.

they should remove food to it force to have inventory open to proc food on heal/killguess they could also remove skill 2-0 too as it force player to make unintended use of their keyboard :s

• 2 weeks later...

@Pip.2094 said:I will never understand why that stuff was added to the game at all. Outside breakbar, who in the world is ever considering to buy a kitten one-use rock? It's the most useless stuff in game. And when it finally had a use, it got killed.

it was to do just what they now thought is unintended.kinda bad when a new developer invalidate a old devs work.