sunqua water mechanic retune?

harry.4267

have played sunqua quite a bit now, understand all the mechanics and yet still don't want to do it :P,

i normally pug my t4 dailys and the groups are pretty awesome in general..

hmm its not exactly a complaint? but im seeing lots of groups having consistent issues with the tidal nuke :) (like super good groups. with several fractal gods and other lengthy titles)

the water phase with the fast ticking stacks of tidal bargain.. well its pretty tough to keep track of who has it and how many stacks they have.. also taking the tether seems to be a bit hit or miss.

im sure i'll get lots of get gud comments, such is life :)however comparing to the other fractals, they feel action packed..this one is looong, without real challenge.

air and fire phases are easy enough

the only real challenge is a poorly implemented water mechanic.

im hoping the devs will put a big bright water icon or something over the head of whoever has the tidal bargain ticks?

because at the moment i have to scan through my group to find who has the moving tidal ticks. its clumsy.

if im wrong then i apologize. if you think im right, please chime in for the change :)

umm sure, its a bit frantic at times :) with all the flashy water effects, i find its kinda feel like its an invisible mechanic at times. once your all blobbed up and if the person who gets it, doesn't step away from the group slightly, stepping back into the group to share the tether when necessary.. maybe its because its still a fairly new fractal?

i dunno, i feel a simple icon over the head of the affected player would make the mechanic work better overall.. like the bomb skull in shattered. u learn pretty quickly what that does :).i know each boss is supposed to teach you how each mechanic works on the main boss, but the water boss is a joke :) everyone stacks into the rock, mechanic is completely ignored.i'd really like to see this feature added in, it just makes sense to me.

I sometimes get immovilized with 8 stacks and i'm not sure why.I still don't know how are you supposed to avoid all the whirlpools Ai sends you without having do dodge. Like, you can avoid everything without dodging in the whole fight, including dark cm phase, except for these thick rows of whirlpools that apply Slow on hit.

@Armen.1483 said:By the way how do you manage to overcome the water tornados ? It is literally the only part that forces my group to take a healer. Without a healer or without aegis heavy comps that part is hell.

your talking about the dps phase?. i always stay way back and let the water tornadoes spread out a bit so i can slip between them, wait patiently for her to come back to the middle, dodge the side projectiles as she moves, (if your out of position), break her bar. burst! then move away for the tidal bargain phase. rinse and repeat. you dont have much of a dps window really. with all the unavoidable + avoidable damage being thrown around a healer is a requirement imho. im no expert though. i dont actually mind the fight tbh. last time i did it though (2 times we tried on the water phase) 2 fractal gods and a savant from memory, we had the fractal vindicator instability.. we had 5 people stacked up, (full health)one person downed within seconds the whole group wiped. vindicators kicked our arse i guess.. still not sure what happened tbh.

@harry.4267 said:

@"Armen.1483" said:By the way how do you manage to overcome the water tornados ? It is literally the only part that forces my group to take a healer. Without a healer or without aegis heavy comps that part is hell.

your talking about the dps phase?. i always stay way back and let the water tornadoes spread out a bit so i can slip between them, wait patiently for her to come back to the middle, dodge the side projectiles as she moves, (if your out of position), break her bar. burst! then move away for the tidal bargain phase. rinse and repeat. you dont have much of a dps window really. with all the unavoidable + avoidable damage being thrown around a healer is a requirement imho. im no expert though. i dont actually mind the fight tbh. last time i did it though (2 times we tried on the water phase) 2 fractal gods and a savant from memory, we had the fractal vindicator instability.. we had 5 people stacked up, (full health)one person downed within seconds the whole group wiped. vindicators kicked our kitten i guess.. still not sure what happened tbh.

staying away is of course an option, but I hope better solutions exist.... like firebrand f3 tomes and aegis spam kinda helps, but still risky when no healer and bad instabs. It is however way easier with "stick together" instability if ppl stick together. I struggle there mostly when frailty is active and we play healless.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the debuff "Tidal Bargain" is described as "Volatile energy is building up, increasing your damage dealt but reducing your movement speed. At 10 stacks, the energies will violently burst, dealing extreme damage to you and nearby allies." So the more stacks you have, the less movement speed. On 100CM, 8-9 stacks means you cant move.

I usually keep track of the stacks on the party interface, and even on low settings the orb from where the tether appears is visible so I can make a guess on who's tethered(straight line).

Water tornadoes can be dodged, one way is(assuming full endurance bar), sidestep first for the tornadoes that come from the boss. Then the ones on the left and right sides(double dodge), then 1 aegis for the last one when near the boss.(5 waves of tornadoes on 100)

Still not that familiar with 100CM, so I'll restrict my feedback to just T4s. I find the tether phase a little bit boring because it mostly involves waiting while party members shuffle around to avoid getting too many stacks. I'd like to make it a little more active; it's probably not well-known, but moving right up to an orb makes it disappear immediately. What if instead of disappearing over time, the orbs continue to spawn and they will eventually result in everybody getting Tidal Bargain if not dispersed? This means that the water phase is now more of a movement mechanic where players are encouraged to hustle over to new orbs to despawn them, rewarding players with movement skills. Of course, the group should still stick close together due to the green circles, but now at least there's more active play than everybody just huddling up and sharing the burden. What's more, for each orb dispersed, the time Ai spends in her invulnerable bubble/whirpool form is reduced, so it gets players back to the DPS/attack phase faster.