Crafting Ascended light/medium armor for alts on a heavy armor class main

Tig.4089

hi all,just want to know if it is possible to craft Ascended light/medium armors for alts while i am using a heavy armor class mainly? Is any of the ascended armor/crafting components soul bound?

And how about legendary armor crafting? For eg Must i be a cloth user in order to craft it and use it?

Any character can craft any armour type, you just need to choose the right crafting disipline - armorsmith for heavy, leatherworker for medium and tailor for light.

If I remember correctly there are some rare and exotic items which are bind on equip that also bind if you add or change the rune or sigil. I can't remember if they become soul bound like when they're equipped or account bound though, but either way it's probably better to craft the item then pass them to the character who will use them to upgrade. That won't be a problem with ascended however as those are all account bound rather than soul bound.

All Ascended Equipment are only account bound and no piece is soulbound, that means you can "share" your ascended gear with any character, and, in the case of Ascended Armor, only characters can equip them with the equivalent armor weight type.

So yeah, you can craft/buy/get or equip any asc piece of equipment with one character and then you can decide to give it to another character at your heart's content.

Ascended equipment is equipment of Ascended quality. All ascended equipment has a level 80 requirement and 5% stronger stats than Exotic quality equipment and equal to Legendary equipment. All ascended equipment is account bound.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_equipment

Items may also become Soulbound in several ways: