can't you give us a week or two?

Thenme.6491

I mean seriously.... some of us here were not playing the last two episodes of icebrood saga at all. While I think this could have been a great opportunity to delay releases a month giving you time for more preparations, you could have at least given us a week or two to enjoy the last two chapters before moving the entire population from the last two episodes map to a new one.

FYI: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-icebrood-saga-champions/

The members of Guild Wars 2‘s intrepid voice cast are now able to provide recordings remotely, and we’ll update “No Quarter” and “Jormag Rising” with voice acting when The Icebrood Saga: Champions begins on November 17. These two episodes were impacted by COVID-19 health precautions, and we appreciate your understanding and support as we work to keep our staff and voice talent safe.It is your chance to wait a week or two (three weeks) and enjoy all these episodes with voices added. But I don't get why the fact that "some of us" were not playing the last two episodes should bother someone? Correct me if I didn't understand you correctly, but you suggest the whole world to wait until "some of us" finally decide to play these episodes?

@Thenme.6491 said:I mean seriously.... some of us here were not playing the last two episodes of icebrood saga at all. While I think this could have been a great opportunity to delay releases a month giving you time for more preparations, you could have at least given us a week or two to enjoy the last two chapters before moving the entire population from the last two episodes map to a new one.And by exercising a modicum of self control you can have as long as you like.

.....well it was a pain but played thru without. I'll probably replay the story just to hear the voice over again but not my top of the list.

I'm excited to see where the story is taking us and. What this new mastery is all about. I guess we will see next week. The story is quick and you can easily bang it out. Probably won't be able to use full mastery's but then again that was your choice.

I understand your pain but they need to carter to all fans not the few who decided to skip out. I was going to wait but I got impatient and just went with itGood luck

@Thenme.6491 said:you could have at least given us a week or two to enjoy the last two chapters

you will not appreciate anything and will take no pleasure. Possibly the two worst episodes in living history since scarlet and the worst map in the game.

before moving the entire population from the last two episodes map to a new one.

according to their article, I don't see anything that speaks of a new map. I can sense simple invasions happening to existing content. I hope I am wrong ...

@radda.8920 said:

@Thenme.6491 said:you could have at least given us a week or two to enjoy the last two chapters

you will not appreciate anything and will take no pleasure. Possibly the two worst episodes in living history since scarlet and the worst map in the game.

before moving the entire population from the last two episodes map to a new one.

according to their article, I don't see anything that speaks of a new map. I can sense simple invasions happening to existing content. I hope I am wrong ...

maybe the reason so many didn't like it was because it had no voice acting in it and everyone grunted

@Thenme.6491 said:

maybe the reason so many didn't like it was because it had no voice acting in it and everyone grunted

Not at all.Boring story, Uninteresting environment and the worst The whole Map is reduced to spam 1 with a zerg bus to destroy doors and champions without any mechanics. I literally fall asleep on my keyboard. No really, it's been a very long time since I last saw something so bad in gw 2.The voices will change nothing.

@"radda.8920" said:The whole Map is reduced to spam 1 with a zerg bus to destroy doors and champions without any mechanics.

Call that the dark side of GW2's "open group" policy. Since there's no reason to join the group (because you get participation anyway), zergs work really well. If there was player-to-player friendly-fire damage, or player characters couldn't move through each other (as in e.g. ArcheAge), the zergs would be different.

Then again, you see that spam-1-in-zerg "mechanic" everywhere. Is there any subtlety to fighting the Fire Elemental in north Metrica, or is it just zerged to death?

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"radda.8920" said:The whole Map is reduced to spam 1 with a zerg bus to destroy doors and champions without any mechanics.

Call that the dark side of GW2's "open group" policy. Since there's no reason to join the group (because you get participation anyway), zergs work really well. If there was player-to-player friendly-fire damage, or player characters couldn't move through each other (as in e.g. ArcheAge), the zergs would be different.

Then again, you see that spam-1-in-zerg "mechanic" everywhere. Is there
any
subtlety to fighting the Fire Elemental in north Metrica, or is it just zerged to death?

at least Metrica Province is not just about this boss, there are plenty of events and activities that you can do without zerg spam 1.Drizzlewood Coast is dedicated only to that ...