Infusions effects are out of control - [Merged]

Sileeent.5861

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please allow to disable infusion effects on our characters :( My son gifted me an outfit for Christmas as "something you will actually use " XD, spent a lot of time dyeing it to the colour scheme I liked, popped on a couple of nice new infusions (I don't have many) -polyluminescent black and Deldrimor Stoneskin and WOAH!! I now look like a pile of turds running around (Asura, so small and dumpy, you get the picture). I don't want to remove the infusions - I need them, just let me turn off the effects, pretty please with a cherry on top.

I think there should be an option to turn the auras off from client's side so if people want to show off they can still do it and for the people that doesn't have super up to date/high tech computer,they have an option just to get that extra few fps from that.

Just saying anyway but we all know that wont happen anytime soon :\PS: Just an example of what happened 3 years ago

@"itsbadcompany.7893" said:I think there should be an option to turn the auras off from client's side so if people want to show off they can still do it and for the people that doesn't have super up to date/high tech computer,they have an option just to get that extra few fps from that.

Just saying anyway but we all know that wont happen anytime soon :\PS: Just an example of what happened 3 years ago

No wonder there is worry about the bees. They’re all getting sucked into that portal to another dimension!!

Old topic (but always worthy of a thread from time to time), and old pictures (hidden as spoiler to don't take too much space)

! 2maPz5J.jpgLegendary weapons always add... a distinctive touch to the fight.

!Btqs6ea.jpgWhen you brag about your skins... this is what I see on you: nothing :p

!HmPwpYp.jpgEz, just follow the tag

!Cy8rUph.jpgWhere am I?

!GhPVWtV.jpgEven the game tells you that there is confusion

!gDDs4MA.jpgRemember to dodge, when the boss raises his arms. If you can load the model, that's it.

@kharmin.7683 said:I don't believe that Anet wants to give players the ability to turn off other players' effects. I believe a good portion of their gem store sales are supported by Fashion Wars. They need these effects to be visible to encourage purchases. Just my opinion.

While the statement is true, I think it could readily be applied to infusions, as they are not store sold items, or is there one sold that I'm not aware of ?

@"Urud.4925" said:Old topic (but always worthy of a thread from time to time), and old pictures (hidden as spoiler to don't take too much space)

Legendary weapons always add... a distinctive touch to the fight.

When you brag about your skins... this is what I see on you: nothing :p

Ez, just follow the tag

Where am I?

Even the game tells you that there is confusion

Remember to dodge, when the boss raises his arms. If you can load the model, that's it.

It's like playing "Where's Waldo" where every player is Waldo.

@Naxos.2503 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I don't believe that Anet wants to give players the ability to turn off other players' effects. I believe a good portion of their gem store sales are supported by Fashion Wars. They need these effects to be visible to encourage purchases. Just my opinion.

While the statement is true, I think it could readily be applied to infusions, as they are not store sold items, or is there one sold that I'm not aware of ?

Perhaps, but my point is that I don't believe that Anet would be willing to offer an option to turn off just infusions. Seems like a lot of work for them with little to no reward.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Perhaps, but my point is that I don't believe that Anet would be willing to offer an option to turn off just infusions. Seems like a lot of work for them with little to no reward.

Agree here, I think it would be very low-down Anet's priority list unfortunately or fortunately however people feel about the infusion effects. I personally really like all the different effects and like seeing the different infusion stacking effects and combinations thereof, that players experiment with to try to see which looks most aesthetically pleasing: Ofc some ppl feel the need to go for maximum brightness >>

.....I learnt the other night on my T4+REC Fractal run: Just don't have a team-mate with 8 x Phospholuminscent infusions in your group!!! R.I.P my eyes

As we know, it's available only in PvP and WvW — these options uses standard models to display other players (Armors and weapons). It's much better than having Character Model Limit at the lowest (ugly gray models). I just... sometimes I can't see literally anything in group content because of visual cluster, caused by all those shiny stuff. I don't want to see a big orange spot on my screen just because there's a charr warrior in my party which must spin with it's lege greatsword every 3 seconds (my most common experience).Can I have standard player models and be happy, enjoying group content? I don't blame others for playing specific races, professions, builds... I just want to see the game, not only someone's character.Please.