roles in group content

jhern.6097

as someone who doesnt have a lot time to play the game anymore im looking to focus more on one of each armor type. im struggling to do this because idk what class does what best or what role each class is proficiently capable filling. i mostly find myself playing fractals wvw and id like to get into raiding. if possible id like a somewhat detailed explanation of what each class has to contribute to allies

Pve:

Healer supports - druid, firebrand, renegade. Niche picks: tempest and scourge.

Dps supports - chrono, banner war/zerker/spb, firebrand, renegade.

Supports provide offensive boons to allies, usually have good CC, some have high dps, while others mainly provide heals and cleanses.

Dps is maybe 90% of the specs that have more than 1 dps trait. You can find builds and compositions on snowcrows (raids) and discretize (fractals) websites. I believe that Lucky Noobs also have some instanced pve related stuff.

Wvw:

Supports mostly provide heals, condi cleanses and defensive boons - firebrand, scrapper, tempest and spellbreaker.

Dps builds are usually ranged and aoe focused - herald, scourge, weaver, core guard. Scourge and herald are very strong because they provide a lot of group utility as well, while guard and weaver mostly have only damage. There's other solid dps builds like burn guard/dh, scrapper, daredevil etc., but they are very situational and based on group skill level and size, both allied and enemy ones.

More info on gw2mists website.