Icebrood Saga: Champions

Tyson.5160

Given the text in the preview it sounds like we will be battling destroyers, seems that the Jormag’s enemy will likely be Primordus.

“An earth shattering finale”. Sounds like Primordus.

“ Dragon minion incursions have thrown once-peaceful lands into chaos, and there’s no predicting where the next attack will erupt.”

Erupting? Sounds like Primordus and Destroyers.

“Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction.”

Sounds like destroyers and Primordus again.

The only thing I could gleam was that we are probably getting invasion events across Tyria - something which has been done to death in the game and risks making the core map messy.

I hope we are getting big new maps in Shiverpeaks zones though. I want meaty Norn/Kodan lore and to explore more mountain ranges, tundras, glaciers etc

Disappointing announcement. Look Portals open in Tyria. Look newest enemies exit portal. Look we kill the enemies with allies. Look portal closed.

If that's all you got and there are no new maps, I'm taking a break until the expansion. Ross we are on a break! no Gems for you.

@Nexxus.5347 said:Disappointing announcement. Look Portals open in Tyria. Look newest enemies exit portal. Look we kill the enemies with allies. Look portal closed.

If that's all you got and there are no new maps, I'm taking a break until the expansion. Ross we are on a break! no Gems for you.

Well from the past they usally announced where we are going in the trailer. We get a look at the landscape some enemies ext. We also get the information about what is different in this case the Dragon ambush mission.

From the brief description it appears to be instanced similar to strike missions but we don't know enough about it yet. I'd reserve judgement until we get the trailer next week.

@Linken.6345 said:

Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction.

This could hint at them finally opening the Dominion of Winds and have us interact with the Tengu.

Sounds like wow rep grinds if Im honest

Maybe, but that would require a whole new system for keeping track and building up reputation. I guess they could use the bonus event bar completion mechanic or the achievement system to keep track of something like that, but I don't think it will be as grindy as wow's reputations.

May be something more similar to the Heart of Thorns Itzel mastery where you just build exp, send a mastery point, and unlock another tier. Still not overly compelling but much faster than doing some tedious world quests or dailies. And it sounds like these reputations will be a lot less integrated into any kind of necessary progression and more for unique cosmetic items or something.

@Bast.7253 said:Maybe, but that would require a whole new system for keeping track and building up reputation. I guess they could use the bonus event bar completion mechanic or the achievement system to keep track of something like that, but I don't think it will be as grindy as wow's reputations.My guess is that it'll be like the Legion commendations in Drizzlewood.And to me, those felt almost as grindy as WoW reputations.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Bast.7253" said:Maybe, but that would require a whole new system for keeping track and building up reputation. I guess they could use the bonus event bar completion mechanic or the achievement system to keep track of something like that, but I don't think it will be as grindy as wow's reputations.My guess is that it'll be like the Legion commendations in Drizzlewood.And to me, those felt almost as grindy as WoW reputations.

Oh, true. I forgot about those honestly. You may be right about that.

And if there aren't new maps and it's just "invasion" events then yeah, I imagine it will feel pretty grindy. Maximizing mobs, plus rng from commendations dropping, plus waiting on events to spawn. Having them tied to event completion would be even worse but that may be the direction they take. Hopefully we'll be able to progress from mob kill count though.

At the very least, it's only cosmetic stuff it seems so if it's too grindy I imagine they'll just see a large reduction in player activity until the expansion. Which won't be good for their budget and gem sales.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Just because the teleport scroll has those slots doesn't mean Arenanet is going to fill them.This has never happened with any of the other portal tomes.Just because it didn't happen before, doesn't mean it'll never happen in the future.

They might have scrapped story segments and maps to finish Season 5 as quick as possible so they can dedicate all development resources to the expansion.

@Fueki.4753 said:Just because it didn't happen before, doesn't mean it'll never happen in the future.

They might have scrapped story segments and maps to finish Season 5 as quick as possible so they can dedicate all development resources to the expansion.Except there just so happens to be 4 slots left in the portal tome, and 4 release left in Icebrood Saga

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Just because it didn't happen before, doesn't mean it'll never happen in the future.

They might have scrapped story segments and maps to finish Season 5 as quick as possible so they can dedicate all development resources to the expansion.Except there just so happens to be 4 slots left in the portal tome, and 4 release left in Icebrood Saga

Just because there will be four Champions episodes, doesn't mean we get four more maps.They might keep on with two episodes sharing one map, resulting in two more maps.Or they could just release a single map, so each Champions episode gives us one fourth of said map.MAYBE they won't even release any more maps during the season at all.

@Fueki.4753 said:Just because there will be four Champions episodes, doesn't mean we get four more maps.They might keep on with two episodes sharing one map, resulting in two more maps.Or they could just release a single map, so each Champions episode gives us one fourth of said map.MAYBE they won't even release any more maps during the season at all.No one said we would be getting four new maps.

Each section of Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood has its own portal scroll for the tome, but you can only put one in the tome. Bjora's east scroll puts you at Jora's keep, while Bjora's west scroll puts you on the western side of the mountains the slip the map. Drizlewood's south scroll puts you at the Legion camp, while Drilewood's north scroll puts you are the north hidden base.

By this same metric most weren't expecting 4 new maps, only two.

@Bast.7253 said:

Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction.

This could hint at them finally opening the Dominion of Winds and have us interact with the Tengu.

Sounds like wow rep grinds if Im honest

Maybe, but that would require a whole new system for keeping track and building up reputation. I guess they could use the bonus event bar completion mechanic or the achievement system to keep track of something like that, but I don't think it will be as grindy as wow's reputations.

May be something more similar to the Heart of Thorns Itzel mastery where you just build exp, send a mastery point, and unlock another tier. Still not overly compelling but much faster than doing some tedious world quests or dailies. And it sounds like these reputations will be a lot less integrated into any kind of necessary progression and more for unique cosmetic items or something.

We kinda already have a similar system with the charr commendations in the map we got atm

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Just because there will be four Champions episodes, doesn't mean we get four more maps.They might keep on with two episodes sharing one map, resulting in two more maps.Or they could just release a single map, so each Champions episode gives us one fourth of said map.MAYBE they won't even release any more maps during the season at all.No one said we would be getting four new maps.

Each section of Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood has its own portal scroll for the tome, but you can only put one in the tome. Bjora's east scroll puts you at Jora's keep, while Bjora's west scroll puts you on the western side of the mountains the slip the map. Drizlewood's south scroll puts you at the Legion camp, while Drilewood's north scroll puts you are the north hidden base.

By this same metric most weren't expecting 4 new maps, only two.

OK I'm a bit confused. The portal scrolls from the karma vendor east and west are identical for me and I can't see sep scrolls for west and for east. What am I missing?

Oh nvm, I re-read and it says only one goes into the tome

Hey Tyrian Fam I've been thinking about the roadmap. I think the idea of no new maps is comical as people are putting so much on Dragon aid missions. We don't know what or how they are to work yet. It could be they pop up randomly via ambushes or have designated areas to start via raids or strike missions.

As to the title of part one truce or Armistice I think we are jumping to conclusions about it being a truce with the Frost Legion and Jormag.
Thru out the run on the game their have been several hostile races who regardless of the threat of the dragons have been left on their own to cause havok for the players.

They are the Centaurs, the Tengu, the Dredge, the Krait, and the Largos. Also the Inquest.

I think we are going to be having a meeting with the heads of these races to try to come to a truce in order to end the threat of Jormag and Primordus. I can see the Commander try to speak to these races to end their current hostile nature and unite to stop the dragon minions from destroying their homes any longer.

This makes more sense to me than trying to fight with an elder dragon who has already proven that they are out for themselves. I can see us convince the Tengu to help and possibly open up the Dominion of winds to us. Same with the Largos and their houses. Earning faction reputation for each race on a new map to prove we have the best intentions. This could lead to us having to deal with a race that that we don't like or they don't like us.

If it's done this could be a fun way to tie up loose ends in the lore and the story from the previous releases.

@Jack Swiftclaw.9076 said:Hey Tyrian Fam I've been thinking about the roadmap. I think the idea of no new maps is comical as people are putting so much on Dragon aid missions. We don't know what or how they are to work yet. It could be they pop up randomly via ambushes or have designated areas to start via raids or strike missions.

As to the title of part one truce or Armistice I think we are jumping to conclusions about it being a truce with the Frost Legion and Jormag.

Thru out the run on the game their have been several hostile races who regardless of the threat of the dragons have been left on their own to cause havok for the players.

They are the Centaurs, the Tengu, the Dredge, the Krait, and the Largos. Also the Inquest.

I think we are going to be having a meeting with the heads of these races to try to come to a truce in order to end the threat of Jormag and Primordus. I can see the Commander try to speak to these races to end their current hostile nature and unite to stop the dragon minions from destroying their homes any longer.

This makes more sense to me than trying to fight with an elder dragon who has already proven that they are out for themselves. I can see us convince the Tengu to help and possibly open up the Dominion of winds to us. Same with the Largos and their houses. Earning faction reputation for each race on a new map to prove we have the best intentions. This could lead to us having to deal with a race that that we don't like or they don't like us.

If it's done this could be a fun way to tie up loose ends in the lore and the story from the previous releases.

Dident it say dragon aid missions was 1-5 players so then that imply its instanced since otherwise people could zerg it.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Jack Swiftclaw.9076 said:Hey Tyrian Fam I've been thinking about the roadmap. I think the idea of no new maps is comical as people are putting so much on Dragon aid missions. We don't know what or how they are to work yet. It could be they pop up randomly via ambushes or have designated areas to start via raids or strike missions.

Dident it say dragon aid missions was 1-5 players so then that imply its instanced since otherwise people could zerg it.

Maybe it's going to be a variation of Bounties.It spawns like a normal bounty, but only the one who took the mission and their group can fight it.Others can only watch the fight.

@Fueki.4753 said:

Maybe it's going to be a variation of Bounties.It spawns like a normal bounty, but only the one who took the mission and their group can fight it.Others can only watch the fight.

and how would you prevent others from fighting it?

the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

@Thenme.6491 said:and how would you prevent others from fighting it?the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Thenme.6491 said:and how would you prevent others from fighting it?the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?