Why were so many ambient creatures removed from the maps?

Bangan.5912

TBH if it were just to increase server performance, I say remove them ofc.

But since only very specific ones were removed, where we know ppl complained about them being used as teleport targets or to gain stealth, then its just punishing those classes and removing a legitimate mechanic of the game. At which point I say, leave them all or remove them all.

Objectively, they probably worked on the WvW server and somehow broke the ambient creature spawn. It's probably not an intended change but it might become a feature. Never look to far into what happen on the game, when there is no communication about it, it's most likely that something broke into the game code.

The excessive number of them in a few spots were removed after some people complained about necromancers gaining life force from them and staying in combat after applying a non-damage condi to an ambient without realizing it.

Of course, ambients were always targets for stealth or teleport abilities...but honestly not commonly enough to really warrant removal of them. It isn’t so hard so find other targets to teleport towards or immobile targets that let you trigger stealth.

I’m a bit sad because the creatures made the areas feel more alive and can’t have impacted server performance at a few deaths every so often. Most likely it was some attempt at removing free life force from necros who were much harder to kill if they just fought nearby to a few ambients. But I still killed plenty of necros...so I don’t think this was really needed...

@KrHome.1920 said:

@saerni.2584 said:The excessive number of them in a few spots were removed after some people complained about necromancers gaining life force from them and staying in combat after applying a non-damage condi to an ambient without realizing it.The removal and these posts were just coincidence and not necessarily related.

Yeah...but all of them were removed in spots where the complaints were raised. It’s a simple explanation but the most plausible one I’ve been able to come to thinking about it.

@saerni.2584 said:Yeah...but all of them were removed in spots where the complaints were raised. It’s a simple explanation but the most plausible one I’ve been able to come to thinking about it.

If it was really an issue they could have simply removed the LF gain from ambient creatures gamewide just like they used to remove LF gain from minion's deaths. I don't think it would have impacted PvE in any way nor do I think that sPvP would have felt it (since there is no ambient in sPvP).

• 3 weeks later...

since literally no one in here has given a real answer because you're not aware, 100s+ of them have been disabled to help with the server latency, some of them have been missed but eventually also the remaining ones will be removed.

they were only useful for life force for necros, but that's about it.

less npcs around the map is always helpful, even if it's just a tiny difference. if lag was kicking in at 100 people it could kick in at 105 now or 110.

all of the other reasonings in this thread are straight up made up out of your own mind, there's no reason to reply if you have no idea of what you're talking about.

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:they were only useful for life force for necros, but that's about it.Tell that to the guardians, thieves and revenants.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Symbol_of_Bladeshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Judge%27s_Interventionhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Strikehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phase_Traversal

But that's fair. If necros can't build up life force anymore, then other classes should lose a good part of their mobility.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:they were only useful for life force for necros, but that's about it.Tell that to the guardians, thieves and revenants.

But that's fair. If necros can't build up life force anymore, then other classes should lose a good part of their mobility.

And sword weavers...

I could teleport to them to assist in escapes.