Halloween garbage

Filling my inv with items is ok, since I can always sell/salvage/deposit.Filling it with worthless junk that I have to throw out manually - that's just a hassle and annoyance for most of us. Idk why Anet is being like that to their players.There's over a dozen of such items for pete's sake!

I've never understood the GW2 philosophy of loot. This is the only game I've ever played where you're just flooded and flooded with absolute garbage for everything you do. Everybody I tried to introduce to this game was puzzled by it too (i.e. 'how come I get all this loot, but I can never use any of it)?

How about just having mobs drop currency, and the occasional useful or valuable thing? Or at least give us the option to filter loot drops (i.e. only give me things from the boxes I check and keep everything else).

@Fallesafe.5932 said:How about just having mobs drop currency, and the occasional useful or valuable thing? Or at least give us the option to filter loot drops (i.e. only give me things from the boxes I check and keep everything else).

Currency drops bring price inflation. Anet has good economy running here, good balance between gold influx and sink. The trash you can't vendor is annoying though.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:I've never understood the GW2 philosophy of loot. This is the only game I've ever played where you're just flooded and flooded with absolute garbage for everything you do. Everybody I tried to introduce to this game was puzzled by it too (i.e. 'how come I get all this loot, but I can never use any of it)?

How about just having mobs drop currency, and the occasional useful or valuable thing? Or at least give us the option to filter loot drops (i.e. only give me things from the boxes I check and keep everything else).

Well your supposed to buy salvage kits break stuff you dont use down into materials that you then sell or craft what you want with.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Fallesafe.5932 said:I've never understood the GW2 philosophy of loot. This is the only game I've ever played where you're just flooded and flooded with absolute garbage for everything you do. Everybody I tried to introduce to this game was puzzled by it too (i.e. 'how come I get all this loot, but I can never use any of it)?

Well your supposed to buy salvage kits break stuff you dont use down into materials that you then sell or craft what you want with.

I do. I have the silver fed salvage-o-matic. Its just a massive process to empty all my bags. And I always end up with a few dozen extra things I can't sell or deposit that eventually have to be thrown out in a massive drag and drop session that lasts 5-10 minutes.