Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

@"suzako.1526" said:I completely lost the desire to make the third legendary set, since the lack of information is huge. maybe when I have some concrete news I will rethink. and it was as mentioned above, almost sure that it will come in the new expansion

I've just been slowly plugging away on legendary stuff, a bit to do here and there either between general things or as something that half just happens while I'm doing something else.

Had the Legendary Armoury already dropped or a release date announced, I would be focusing much more on it, but since its been 6 months now and basically no news or updates, the initial excitement has dried up. Don't get me wrong, I still really really really want the feature, which should have been part of the template system from the start, given how annoying the current system now makes moving legendary gear around toons.

So yes, it may now be part of the new expansion (assuming it happens at all, looking at you Alliances), but if so, I won't see it as a feature set of the expansion, but more as a, 'finally anet got around to releasing it".

Just wanted to point out that before this was mentioned I had no pieces of legendary armor. Now I have over 2 and a half full sets because of this announcement. In 6 weeks I will have all 3 done and they are still not done with it?

I'm a little bit disappointed in the lack of response. It is okay to create some hype as long as your willing keep people apprised to what is going on. By all means keep the hype train rolling, keep people excited. But the way it is being handled now is unacceptable.

Please ANET prove us wrong and get this update to us soon.

I'm in the same Boat as the user above.With this announcement I thought it'd finally be worth it to start working on legendries. I never thought that 7 Months later I'd have completed One Armor set and 2 weapons before it was even released. It's a little disappointing it's taking so long but I guess it's better not to rush.

I don't mind the wait necessarily but an update once in a while would be nice. It's a bit disheartening having to speculate dates and guess how far along it is.

kind of impressive how from overall enthusiastic and constructive this tread slowly drift into despair and humor....

Anyway Anet in case u still do it and u want only do it if u make money how about try to sell gamers a Build template switch animation?

blue fire explosion when switch to build 1underworld demon ground when switch build 2Love hearts build 3

endless more option u can even reuse old effects

hope that helps

Adding to the "How will skins work?".If this will mean that all my e.g. light armor classes will have to look the same this feature would be meaningless for me.

Plus all the other stuff already mentioned like "make it work properly so we don't have to set up stats/sigils/runes/infusions again every time".

I see this feature as follows:

1 - This will not apply to ascendant items like infusions or exotic items like runes and sigils. (legendary versions exist for this);2 - Weapons will not be multiplied, that is, if you have one legendary axe and need two in your build, then make another legendary axe, as the cabinet should not duplicate your legendary items, this rule would not apply to armor because there is no way equip two or more armor on the same template tab;3 - In your character there would be a "shortcut" of your equipment available in your legendary armory, so your wardrobe would not be compromised;

Those are the things I managed to see, I could be wrong too.

since we wait so long now already. It would be wise perhaps to give a feature warning list before this gets released.

I already can sense it comes out without the so demanded cosmetic aspect. which is ok but will make this useless for except on a weekly key runner.

I hope that anet know that a feature with cosmetics will make people play their alts more and by playing them more they are more likely to built a relationship with them so that they buy more skins and bag space to get them up to speed as their main. At least in my case I ofc cant speak for other that's just my speculation.

gearing up is no fun in this game, there was never an excitement for getting a new piece of gear like other mmos who have this gear treadmill.

By getting rid of gear hunting anet can focus on their strength and that's cosmetics.

Also it would extend play time since it gives people with legendary gear more initiative to try out other classes.A released legendary armory would catapult my renegade and warrior to classes I barely play to classes I use In Fractals and open world content, instead of just being placeholder for the day I feel to start make 2 more legendary armors. (so in 2-3 years) since noone want spend gold on un fun gear on chars they may or may not love.

( I also hope to use my legendary gear across my built templates on my main with different cosmetic skins as well a separate helm on helm off/ back item)

@"Balsa.3951" said:( I also hope to use my legendary gear across my built templates on my main with different cosmetic skins as well a separate helm on helm off/ back item)

Each char will have their own skin. Imagine you have a diferent leg armor set on each character, but not the item in your bags, you can only access them inside the character window when you select a slot. After select each piece, just go to the wardrobe and change whatever you want.

We wont get a legendary vendor, wont be able to use more of the same item if we just crafted only one, and I think should drop their hope about a "wardrobe template", since their (primary) objective is to remove the need of bank for swap those items between chars.

@zOLtAm.7824 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:( I also hope to use my legendary gear across my built templates on my main with different cosmetic skins as well a separate helm on helm off/ back item)

Each char will have their own skin.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe you can assign a different skin for every template, maybe not.

Anet did not say anything about how skins work with the legendary armory.

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Balsa.3951" said:( I also hope to use my legendary gear across my built templates on my main with different cosmetic skins as well a separate helm on helm off/ back item)

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe you can assign a different skin for every template, maybe not.

They said the objective is to remove the need of use the bank for moving leg items from one char to another. Assigning a different skin for every template is not on the table, based on what they posted, so you can assume they will have the same skin (what is happening today) or each char will have their own skin (as if they have all armor items in their bags).

I think those "legendary armory wardrobe" are too much speculation/personal wishes =/

@zOLtAm.7824 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

They said the objective is to remove the need of use the bank for moving leg items from one char to another. Assigning a different skin for every template is not on the table, based on what they posted, so you can assume they will have the same skin (what is happening today) or each char will have their own skin (as if they have all armor items in their bags).

I think those "legendary armory wardrobe" are too much speculation/personal wishes =/

that what I'm worry about and that would make this feature dead on arrival for me

@zOLtAm.7824 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

Did they actually wrote that "Assigning a different skin for every template is not on the table" or is this your assumption/speculation?

I agree. Anet should give us more information about it.

EDIT: There is nothing wrong with writing personal wishes.

@Zok.4956 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

Did they actually wrote that "Assigning a different skin for every template is not on the table" or is this your assumption/speculation?

I agree. Anet should give us more information about it.

EDIT: There is nothing wrong with writing personal wishes.

Just my personal observations on the whole thing. If the armor keeps whatever skin it has, you run into racial armor that doesn’t work on other characters, not letting you use the legendary armor. Either one of two things should happen to fix this. You get the standard skin from the legendary armor upon putting it on your character. You then can trasmutate how you want it. Or, they implement a skin template for legendaries. I think there is much potential here. If can allow you to pick wardrobe skins per equipment template. It could work on trinkets too, so if you give the trinket a non legendary trinket “skin”, you can remove the effects of the legendary trinkets.