Fractal updates anticlimax... sadness

nish.5980

We were so excited that we get to play a new fractal... Now it just feels like so much sadness.

Maybe the system will recover in a year or two but for now is just chaos.

People still holding on to old KP and asking for it means the gap between newcomers and veterans will only grow larger.

Without a proper Kp system, people just resort to asking for Fractal God XD again, making the gap grow larger.

Make a fractal that literally blinds you while asking for enormous cc - oh and do it all without consumables :open_mouth:

ty anet for building many of us up and then crashing us :/

if only i didnt love fractals so much :( mb.

/endlament

Tbh the recent changes, especially the KP change since I don't mind the cc consumable change that much, though I haven't had to endure incompetent PUGs, and the fact I ran fractals and CMs again daily for like 4 weeks strait caused me to burn out on them again, made me just go back to running them with guild members only occasionally.

Why bother with the LFG when every step of the way both other players as well as the developers just keep putting stones in my way?

If the goal was to make players use the LFG less, then the last few patches have been a full success. Overall though I can't say I am unhappy. I enjoy running this content with guildies more anyway and given how I have fractal god and all upgrades available as well as tons of new and old KP, I don't mind. Maybe this will cause more players to run guild internal, which could be a net benefit to the game if it creates player ties.

I guess the only players who might mind are those who run this content daily and regularly only via LFG, but who cares about them any way right? :pensive:

@nish.5980 said:We were so excited that we get to play a new fractal... Now it just feels like so much sadness.you can skip that 100 if it dayli, like some party skip sirena, or do in lower tier

People still holding on to old KP and asking for it means the gap between newcomers and veterans will only grow larger.Without a proper Kp system, people just resort to asking for Fractal God XD again, making the gap grow larger.you still welcome on t4+rec, if have agony and proper class/biuld

Make a fractal that literally blinds you while asking for enormous cc - oh and do it all without consumables :open_mouth:

for non cms group nothing changes. For cms also mostly same.

@lare.5129 said:

@nish.5980 said:We were so excited that we get to play a new fractal... Now it just feels like so much sadness.you can skip that 100 if it dayli, like some party skip sirena, or do in lower tier

That's what people do. It leads to less and less players being able to complete their full set of fractals. Which increases player frustration. Which evenutally leads to players taking a break or quitting the content.

@lare.5129 said:

@nish.5980 said:People still holding on to old KP and asking for it means the gap between newcomers and veterans will only grow larger.Without a proper Kp system, people just resort to asking for Fractal God XD again, making the gap grow larger.you still welcome on t4+rec, if have agony and proper class/biuld

I know no CM player who willingly would subjugate themselves to the trash that is normal T4 groups. Sorry but the dice roll on regular T4 groups has changed a lot, and not in the direction of more skilled players on average.

@Cyninja.2954 said:That's what people do. It leads to less and less players being able to complete their full set of fractals. Which increases player frustration. Which evenutally leads to players taking a break or quitting the content.this is ok. Fractal is not for everyone, if it not Tier1. We already know that this content not for everyone. About that say 150 agony and ascend armor for common 100 fractal. Should I blame someone that can't use some my roleplay biuld? Don't think so. So people ask challenge ? So eat that now.

I know no CM player who willingly would subjugate themselves to the trash that is normal T4 groups. Sorry but the dice roll on regular T4 groups has changed a lot, and not in the direction of more skilled players on average.Sometimes I do additionally T4 wiht giuld members. Don't see big pain.

@lare.5129 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:That's what people do. It leads to less and less players being able to complete their full set of fractals. Which increases player frustration. Which evenutally leads to players taking a break or quitting the content.this is ok. Fractal is not for everyone, if it not Tier1. We already know that this content not for everyone. About that say 150 agony and ascend armor for common 100 fractal. Should I blame someone that can't use some my roleplay biuld? Don't think so. So people ask challenge ? So eat that now.

This isn't about challenge. You seem to misunderstand the issue TC has. This is about losing more and more ability to manage who you play with:A. play with other players you want to play withB. remove access to things which allowed to carry weaker players, reducing the restrictions and skill gap one has to look for when grouping

You are correct though. This content isn't for everyone and having the developers force players together that don't want to play together does not help it at all.

@lare.5129 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:I know no CM player who willingly would subjugate themselves to the trash that is normal T4 groups. Sorry but the dice roll on regular T4 groups has changed a lot, and not in the direction of more skilled players on average.Sometimes I do additionally T4 wiht giuld members. Don't see big pain.

Cool story, this relates to LFG groups how?

@"Cyninja.2954" said:That's what people do. It leads to less and less players being able to complete their full set of fractals. Which increases player frustration. Which evenutally leads to players taking a break or quitting the content.Which is what I'm doing not long after they introduced 100cm, I'm on my few weeks of break now, was thinking to go back to gw2 these few days, with this patch news, I'm thinking to take an even longer break now, I'm having so much more fun playing a different game currently than a game who is constantly missees their mark on balancing content (good intention with the wrong execution).

I already have a condiRen so switching build wasn't an issue, but the fractal in question seems too buggy, eye-blinding, and don't marry well with the instabs (what I heard from my other friends who do 100cm on a daily basis). I tried the normal 100 before started my break & I immediately hated the CC phase. The boss literally just teleporting around like a flee and I could not for the life of me reach the boss in time to contribute any CC. She also never stayed longer than 3 seconds (as it felt to me) in each teleport, therefore the support couldn't provide support, rotation weren't properly executed, and people who needed support couldn't receive it either (mind you it was my 1st run so I did not know the optiomal composition which would be condi?). Having to learn wasn't the problem, but the overall mechanics felt too "spam-my" and I was never a fan of that ever since Amala and Siren. Like, try to make it difficult without having to spam light-fest, as well as not making bosses like a pet's flee please.

Not long after they removed KP, my static immediately created a closed group for fractal: we usually would take 1-2 pugs to fill the rest of the slots, but with the KP removed, we now keeping it friends only, if the group can't be filled with familiar people, skip it.

Now with the cons removed without even trying to adjust the CC bar, BIG OOF, cya LFG (or fractal as a whole).

@Janitsu.6284 said:Anet's decisions to remove KPsthey not remove it, they forbid get it more for new and old. But they not removed.

and consumablesthey not remove all cc consumables, so they remove only part of them.

adjust CC bars in 100 CM,may be Anet say that this cc bar should be not touched ? use survive abilities or etc?

Sadness is the perfect word for it, and i'm truly not surprised to see lfgs skipping on 100cm now that the novelty has been seen for what it is. "Old cms+t4" is what i'm looking for now. Because, let's be honnest, this is hardly a fractal. One realises that compared to other fractals,100 doesn't loot anything (best case is in cm mode where you drop two chests, regular mode amounts to one chest for a10/15/20 minutes run). It has been rushed, poorly implemented and is (in my opinion) even worse than the last time they tried to change instabilities (remember "birds", "slippery slope"?). There's a lot of improvement to be done on this farce that they call a fractal, even more so now that they've removed consumables. Water phase is still completely lame and we're still in a raid like setting (no precasting, slow unexplained mobility than you only encounter in raids and close to idiotic cc phases).

@lare.5129 said:they not remove it, they forbid get it more for new and old. But they not removed.So yes, essentially removed it from the game apart from the old and existing ones. Therefore, I consider it removed due to the fact that it's literally unobtainable.

they not remove all cc consumables, so they remove only part of them.They removed them due to their faulty reasoning. It stands to show that they will likely remove them as they pop up.

may be Anet say that this cc bar should be not touched ? use survive abilities or etc?Why add a Defiance bar that should not be broken? Doesn't make any sense from a developer, game designer or player perspective at all.

@Janitsu.6284 said:So yes, essentially removed it from the game apart from the old and existing ones. Therefore, I consider it removed due to the fact that it's literally unobtainable.who care? If you want find normal cm party - you should have it

They removed them due to their faulty reasoning. It stands to show that they will likely remove them as they pop up.who knows? no one, except main game designer

Why add a Defiance bar that should not be broken? Doesn't make any sense from a developer, game designer or player perspective at all.why should not broke? I can broken, it can not broken. I sis not key of success, it is key of mechanic direction. Probably for that we need special class or build ..Will see that kings of fractals Discretize say. It they say meta for cm100 is [something], that will be standard.