Fractal Consumables

knite.1542

@Sinful Mustache.3589 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:
Some things can't be face tanked.and sometimes it's merely about having actually good damage, shortening phases.

I know what cc is. Question was about absorbing that deadly blast from Sorrows
That blast is the only bit of problem, because NOT breaking Ai at all doesnt lead to wipe afaik

I didn't link the page so you could read up on cc. I linked it so you could read up what breaking the bar does since you asked.

Linking a 30 minute video, which by the way is out of date since the changes shortly after, is hardly helpful. Also it's not the boss breakbar you need to break, it's the SORROW's breakbar which does the aoe kill attack, which in this video is countered with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infuse_Light, the Heralds heal. Not all classes have access to such a heal.

EDIT: and even IF a class had access to such heal skills. Chances are high they won't be up multiple times are they are when 1 player does solo damage against the boss for experienced groups. For inexperienced groups timing these skills properly would be the biggest issue. That is when looking past the entire aspect of now removing all other classes which do not have access to such heals from the fight.

No one is arguing you can't turtle through the fight, because you can. As a matter of fact, that's how some players got their DwD.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Linking a 30 minute video, which by the way is out of date since the changes shortly after, is hardly helpful. Also it's not the boss breakbar you need to break, it's the SORROW's breakbar which does the aoe kill attack, which in this video is countered with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infuse_Light, the Heralds heal. Not all classes have access to such a heal.

This is how questions work in this world. I said "im not into 100 cm, that is why i ask question".The video is probably outdated. That is why i asked a question. And the question is not about breakbar.It is about possibility to absorb the Sorrow blastwith https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infuse_Lightor with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A.E.D.or with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewed_Focusor with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Formetc, etc, numerous invulnerabilities

@Sinful Mustache.3589 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Linking a 30 minute video, which by the way is out of date since the changes shortly after, is hardly helpful. Also it's not the boss breakbar you need to break, it's the SORROW's breakbar which does the aoe kill attack, which in this video is countered with
, the Heralds heal. Not all classes have access to such a heal.

This is how questions work in this world. I said "im not into 100 cm, that is why i ask question".

Yes, and that is why I linked to the page because you both:A. want to avoid the sorrows blastB. want the exposed buff

It was very clear you are inexperienced with 100CM. Did I in any way attack you for that?

@Sinful Mustache.3589 said:The video is probably outdated. That is why i asked a question. And the question is not about breakbar.It is about possibility to absorb the Sorrow blastwith https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infuse_Lightor with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A.E.D.or with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewed_Focusor with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Formetc, etc, numerous invulnerabilities

I answer just that in my edit:In short:

• you are now limiting this CM to classes and build with those abilities
  • those abilities won't be up as often as needed for an experienced group
  • triggering those abilities on time will be more challenging for inexperienced players

You can turtle through anything in this game. This is not about finding custom builds with which to turtle through each individual content. That has been possible since forever. Instead of taking individual invuls you might just as well take a tempest with Rebound. That's not the issue people have with the fractal though. This is not about "how can we get it done" for players. It's about how can it be done without to much hassle.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:That's not the issue people have with the fractal though. This is not about "how can we get it done" for players. It's about how can it be done without to much hassle.

Mhm. So it is all about clearing instance ASAP? Expirienced stuff..Not breaking bars doesnt mean you cant get the DwD, right?For example, we are not elite speedrunners, but we are still able to "turtle" through that CM =)Not a heartbreaker, but I will miss the cons anyway. Bad, bad idea to remove them

I'm all for having options but I think the move makes sense. GW2's combat mechanics are hardly ever accented by playing with items from the inventory in the middle of a fight. It was kind of an inconsistency in the old 100cm but no one was requiring you to ping cc cons on join or raging at you for not having them back then. Group damage might go down a bit, the fight might take 2 mins longer but we still have the means to complete it effectively so personally I think it's fine.

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:guard guard guard guard rev exclusive combo is definitely asking for nerf to ground on next update :D

Yes but this has only indirect to do with the consumables cFBs dps is just insane. Most DPS numbers on the golems are measured with a good bit of DPS remaining from the burst phase and doesn't take the mechanics to play into account . cFBs can keep up it DPS nearly perfectly + it the only condi build which can burst.

Top DPS in my last 100 cm run was a cFB with 29.6K dps after lowering the dps several times otherwise otherwise we would wipe in the sorrow phase. 32k and more are possible and this with out having an HFB with offensive traits&skills with it you get really close to 40K(!) dps

Now cc became a huge problem because the faster you are the more sorrows you need to cc.

In comparison basically all other condi dps builds do 21k in 100 cm(as top player) and in average 17k which is nearly half the dps of the cFB

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:guard guard guard guard rev exclusive combo is definitely asking for nerf to ground on next update :D

Yes but this has only indirect to do with the consumables cFBs dps is just insane. Most DPS numbers on the golems are measured with a good bit of DPS remaining from the burst phase and doesn't take the mechanics to play into account . cFBs can keep up it DPS nearly perfectly + it the only condi build which can burst.

Top DPS in my last 100 cm run was a cFB with 29.6K dps after lowering the dps several times otherwise otherwise we would wipe in the sorrow phase. 32k and more are possible and this with out having an HFB with offensive traits&skills with it you get really close to 40K(!) dps

Now cc became a huge problem because the faster you are the more sorrows you need to cc.

In comparison basically all other condi dps builds do 21k in 100 cm(as top player) and in average 17k which is nearly half the dps of the cFB

Your numbers regarding other builds are way off. I've seen other builds perform to the same degree, or even outperform firebrand with ease. ??????

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

I often do 27k+ with condi war and beat cfb's. And I don't even have stat infusions... Only 3/4 in fractal god title. So 30k+ with condi war should be easy to reach (My rotation isn't perfect at all with condi war).Cfb may be easier to play but isnt so OP.

@Nairolf.7024 said:

I often do 27k+ with condi war and beat cfb's. And I don't even have stat infusions... Only 3/4 in fractal god title. So 30k+ with condi war should be easy to reach (My rotation isn't perfect at all with condi war).Cfb may be easier to play but isnt so OP.

The easiest to do pass the 30k dps mark in pugs is with soulbeast (even easier with shortbow only meme build). But lacks CC compared to others.

• 10 months later...

I randomly found this page while googling and it's so funny watching people complaining about the change lol

I'm no hardcore players but I do all CMs+T4 daily...And I found the removal of cc consumables a good change.

There're shitloads of utility skills in every character and it's stupid people only know how to use 3 of them. Every class, dps included, should know their cc skills and everything. And now there're more people doing CMs+T4 daily in pugs more than ever......

I find the removal of cc con a good change, forcing you to explore your class more. If you're only able to stick with 3 skills that give you most dps....Don't call yourself "hardcore" lmao

On 9/5/2021 at 7:05 PM, Lystodyne.4719 said:

I randomly found this page while googling and it's so funny watching people complaining about the change lol

I'm no hardcore players but I do all CMs+T4 daily...And I found the removal of cc consumables a good change.

There're shitloads of utility skills in every character and it's stupid people only know how to use 3 of them. Every class, dps included, should know their cc skills and everything. And now there're more people doing CMs+T4 daily in pugs more than ever......

I find the removal of cc con a good change, forcing you to explore your class more. If you're only able to stick with 3 skills that give you most dps....Don't call yourself "hardcore" lmao

All "hardcore" people already knew their classes and the potential of them fairly well without consumables (restricted runs). The issue is that pugging without consumables feels miserable because pugs aren't aware of their builds lol.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 6:05 PM, Lystodyne.4719 said:

People who knew about CC consumables certainly knew about thier CC skills too. I mean nobody called themselves hardcore because they were using CC sonsumables. Actually CC consumables could be much more useful for newbies, but they don't even bother looking their CC skills let alone get through the hustle of getting CC consumables.

Veterans used them just to clear fractals faster and easier, that's all. I don't feel that they were somehow blocking ppl from pugging, I have never seen anyone ask for those.