connection error(s) detected. Retrying

The "connection error, retrying" error on the launcher means you're failing to connect to your nearest patch server. If you were using the -assetsrv option to manually choose a server, the IP probably changed. If you weren't, your DNS is probably outdated.

To clear your DNS cache, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:ipconfig /flushdns

You could also setup Google's DNS:https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

If you want to try the -assetsrv option, use:-assetsrv 54.156.252.61

If it still fails, you can verify your connection by opening the following web page:http://assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com... which should be a simple text page with an AssetSrv instance on the bottom. If you can see that, you likely have software on your computer that is blocking GW2 from connecting. If you can't, you're failing to connect to Amazon's server period. Try using a VPN.

• 2 years later...

I'm running windows 7 and can not connect to GW2 server to even install the game. I've done everything that both my ISP and GW2 has suggested and nothing has fixed my connection problem ("connection error(s) detected. retrying") I'd really appreciate any help please? I have not been able to play for two weeks now.

@TURBO.9382Open a command prompt (search , type cmd ,right click run as admin) and enter following(you can copy&paste):nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Copy one of the addresses (it changes every few days and there are usually 2) currently52.206.178.33

Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. In notepad, open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the bottom, add the following line, substituting the current IP you found:52.206.178.33 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Save it(don't forget to run notepad as admin,otherwise it won't save) and launch GW2. Remember to remove the line when you're done(i never did still works). This advice is from Healix.5819 and it works,also helps with stuck downloading update .

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...