WE NEED: Raid Reward Tracks

Tom.1852

I think Reward Tracks were one of the best additions to rewarding Players in this game they've ever had, this way, people that enjoy specific content, can play that without missing out. I just see a small problem with how Anet sees PvE right now, for them PvE is just everything in one pot, open world, fractals, dungeons and raids. All of those offer repeatable rewards, except for raids.

Maybe they assume the average raid player gets their clear and then farms daily fracs and open world events for the rest of the week?

At least for me and many people i play with that is not true at all, for them, they do not know what to do with the game anymore after having gotten their clears, the average raiding squad, expects you to use good buffood which is pretty expensive and after having gotten the weekly clear and we still wanna raid abit what do we get? some green and blue gear ?

What I am suggesting is, Raid Reward tracks, each boss kill gives a little bit of Progress, maybe some bosses more than others, maybe killing the same boss over and over again gives less reward track progress each time until you have killed some others to prevent farming the same boss all the time?

Maybe this would be a nice opportunity to add an NPC which will reset your raid clear progress so you can clear a wing again.

The Reward Tracks could have Living Story Rewards with abit of Consumables used in Raids and Transmutation Charges, yes correct, as someone who plays 90% raids, you just don't get those.

When i've read about the Weekly CM Rewards i was so hyped, i thought maybe, we finally get meaningful good rewards somewhat like when you first beat a CM and get Ascended Equipment and a bunch of cool stuff, but the 10 Gold and Provisioner Tokens, they are better than nothing and i like how they seem to care, but i want more!

And i think we deserve more, some people probably do 3-4 Full Clears a week, and by experience, those people will slowly get burned out, maybe they even make less gold from raids than they spend because they are sitting around with expensive food on 24/7, and that just feels unfair.

Then we have the news, that currently there is noone working on new Raids, so it should be in everyone's interest to keep these People that just enjoy raiding around with what we already got, and in MMOs one way to keep people playing is actually reward them for what they are doing.

I think we need Reward Tracks in PVE-OpenWorld.Edit: And I don't mean as a joke. I am fully with the TE. Reward tracks in Wvw and especially PVP are simply OP. And yes, I would like some of that cake. While WVW and PVP can get almost everything about tracks available in PVE. The other way, it looks different and that is unfair x).

@Fuchslein.8639 said:I think we need Reward Tracks in PVE-OpenWorld.Edit: And I don't mean as a joke. I am fully with the TE. Reward tracks in Wvw and especially PVP are simply OP. And yes, I would like some of that cake. While WVW and PVP can get almost everything about tracks available in PVE. The other way, it looks different and that is unfair x).

The reason anet even added reward tracks in WvW/PvP was because you almost got no loot or reward from any of these contents (In WvW you would get just a few champ bags if you capped some stuff or lootbags if you were farming the enemy but this is very inconsistent).so you would reward pve with even more loot and make the reward totally unbalanced and unfair towards WvW/pvp players

@Fuchslein.8639 said:I think we need Reward Tracks in PVE-OpenWorld.Edit: And I don't mean as a joke. I am fully with the TE. Reward tracks in Wvw and especially PVP are simply OP. And yes, I would like some of that cake. While WVW and PVP can get almost everything about tracks available in PVE. The other way, it looks different and that is unfair x).

Hey its not a bad idea but make the reward tracks worth our time no is gonna farm tracks if they have the wvw version loot, needs to have gold and at least on the level of pvp mode reward tracks. they added a kind of reward track with the weekly cm mode raids but honestly whos gonna bother doing that cancer just for an extra 10 gold what 0.005 % of the population ? ;)

would love a raid reward track to make raids even more rewarding, maybe once the easier mode comes out for it (since it was mentioned that a "story mode" for raids was a possibility). probably would determine progress on track based on difficulty of encounter (least on story, normal on normal, and most on challange; as well as add challange motes to all previous encounters without them)

@Fuchslein.8639 said:I think we need Reward Tracks in PVE-OpenWorld.

it worked out quite well in drizzlewood imo. would be nice if they updated some of the older maps with metas such as silverwaste and the original HoT maps with a track, though idk how and which maps would get them implemented.

i would even go further with Fractal/dungeon/strike tracks, more rewards mean more content engagement and reward tracks for dungeons would definitely help bring that content back to life as well as prevent other content from hopefully dying off.

@Amrothian.3721 said:

The reason anet even added reward tracks in WvW/PvP was because you almost got no loot or reward from any of these contents (In WvW you would get just a few champ bags if you capped some stuff or lootbags if you were farming the enemy but this is very inconsistent).so you would reward pve with even more loot and make the reward totally unbalanced and unfair towards WvW/pvp players

Yep :).Simply because you shouldn't push PVE people into WVW or PVP just for some special skins. This only leads to the fact that most of them do it the way I do and leech the crap out of WVW and PVP, with afk-farming(in wvw) and other methods(in pvp).

On the other hand I don't mind if WVW people get more of the cake. But since I'm not interested in WVW and PVP, I only talk for what I know and play :).That's why I didn't say anything about Raids. I don't play them actively anymore, because of boredom.

Because of me(Because in my opinion? Don't know how to describe 'meinetwegen' in english) everyone should get his cake.CAKE FOR EVERYONE.

@"lokh.2695" said:Nah, Raid rewards are fine. I'd rather have them rework WvW or something else.

Also: "WE NEED" usually translates to "I want", keep in mind to speak for yourself.

I am speaking for about all the people i raid with. So i went with "WE NEED". Good that you think the rewards are okay, but it does seem like you didnt read fully until the end. It might be that for people that log on 2 days per week, clear all the raids and dont play anymore until next Monday the rewards appear good. But i am talking about people that log on every evening and just raid, even though they have gotten their weekly. Those rewards are abysmal, and the main issue is, you CANNOT get trans charges, you CANNOT get living world currency playing raids only.

You know... That's not a bad idea in itself, atleast people who Try raiding will be incentivized to Keep trying and keep raiding to get some progress...

Just as it can easily lead to people joining raids, doing nothing and still getting rewards... It's complicated. I dont know, could work, but then again might just lead to more problems. I think in the long term it might be worth it ?

@"lokh.2695" said:Nah, Raid rewards are fine. I'd rather have them rework WvW or something else.

Also: "WE NEED" usually translates to "I want", keep in mind to speak for yourself.

Listen man We can mean him and his girlfriend or as he said his raid friends. Someone saying We doesn't automatically include you or me just because We read it. So getting upset because someone said We and admonishing them to speak for themselves is your issue

@Jilora.9524 said:

Listen man We can mean him and his girlfriend or as he said his raid friends. Someone saying We doesn't automatically include you or me just because We read it. So getting upset because someone said We and admonishing them to speak for themselves is your issue

In the context of a forum thread title, it can appear to mean the entire community "needs" something. It very well can seem as if the OP is speaking for everyone. /shrug

@Blude.6812 said:Maybe it's time to let Raids go.

There are still enough people who raid.Or should we just shut down everything that has a smaller player population than 1 1 1 PVE content?Wait ... that would be everything except 1 1 1 PVE Content.I understand if you don't like something, but I really don't understand(I mean, I understand it ... Humans) that there are so many people here who always want to make the content they do not like look bad.

Anything else I would write about it would lead to the deleting of my post, even without insults, so...If you don't like it, ignore it, but let others enjoy it. And a few more rewards for raiders (and wvw'ler) would not lead to the end of the world.

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:I think we need Reward Tracks in PVE-OpenWorld.Edit: And I don't mean as a joke. I am fully with the TE. Reward tracks in Wvw and especially PVP are simply OP. And yes, I would like some of that cake. While WVW and PVP can get almost everything about tracks available in PVE. The other way, it looks different and that is unfair x).

Reward tracks for the open world already exist, they aren't just as visible as their PvP-/Wvw-counterpart:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward

@kharmin.7683 said:

In the context of a forum thread title, it can appear to mean the entire community "needs" something. It very well can seem as if the OP is speaking for everyone. /shrug

No, not one suggestion by anyone have I thought they were or are speaking for me. He said he doesn't think a reward trak for raids or we need a reward trak for raids which is fine. Technically you can fight anyone ever saying need cause there are very few things we actually need in life but again that's just fighting someone talking a certain way. Obviously we don't need reward traks but they would be a nice addition for some and others don't want them. The speak for yourself was unneeded because we could do that all day on here when someone doesn't word it perfectly and that anyone feels the need to correct or admonish someone when I know this dude saying we need is not speaking for me at all it's just an idea he had

@blp.3489 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:I'm talking about reward tracks that give you the special skins from WVW and PVP. Just like WVW and PVP get almost all skins through tracks ^^.

It would be great if wvw and pve players could get the special skins from raids, the legendary armor from raids looks so much cooler than the wvw version.

Its exactly the opposite for me. Except for the light one, I find the WVW legy armor much nicer(and the PVP).And the PVP back is so much prettier than that ugly fractal thing xx.

It would be nice if you could just get all the skins when you craft these two things (for the armor of course only the respective class light, heavy, medium).But that would be a completely different topic again :'').

Well there are reward tracks for dungeons.. so it kinda does make some sense I guess.Guess they could throw in a fractal track too that could give more fractal based loot to help speed along some stuff there.

I wouldn't be completely against PvE getting reward tracks although I would stress that it would have to be very long and demand a huge ExP investment to actually finish.The way some people go through PvE and with all the boosters available etc they'd be maxing several of these things out per hour.

Anet would have to find a way to limit that but at the very least it would make gaining EXP feel actually useful once again, atm Spirit Shards are hardly something most people care about, most of us have a pretty big stockpile of them and don't really use them for anything.

Interesting idea. If we could get reward tracks to get some of the rewards available in the other open world PvE maps, it may encourage a more spreading out of the player population in open world, because for example I might be able to complete events in core Tyria maps and still use these to help complete a Dragonfall or Drizzlewood Coast reward track.

@sorudo.9054 said:Raids are the wasted hole within PvE that used up way to much time for little use, i rather see Anet turn raids into something more friendly for the majority of the PvE crowd so the time wasted isn't lost completely.

For how many hours of content it got to the people that play it, I bet living story is a bigger waste of development.

@Tom.1852 said:

@Tom.1852 said:

I am speaking for about all the people i raid with. So i went with "WE NEED". Good that you think the rewards are okay, but it does seem like you didnt read fully until the end. It might be that for people that log on 2 days per week, clear all the raids and dont play anymore until next Monday the rewards appear good. But i am talking about people that log on every evening and just raid, even though they have gotten their weekly. Those rewards are abysmal, and the main issue is, you CANNOT get trans charges, you CANNOT get living world currency playing raids only.

Then why are you raiding?because it's very fun

Fun is subjective. I don't find raiding fun at all.