Pink Day in LA 2017 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home In-Game Events

Pink Day in LA 2017

Hello everyone!

2017 marks the 10 year anniversary of the event - Pink Day in LA. 10 years ago a group of players decided to get together and dye their armor pink to show support to those with cancer or to pay tribute to those who lost their battle. We want everyone in our community to join us as we spread Pink over Tyria on October 21st.

The official website for the event is here:
Pinkday.gamergivingback.com

We are raising funds for the event here :

http://ccssk.convio.net/goto/Pinkday17

*note that our focus for the funds raised is International Research Programs

Don't forget to send in your number from 1-1000 to [email protected] when you donate $10CDN or more to the cause! (Donation Prizes will be posted in September)

Can't donate to the cause but still want to help out? Here is what you can do:

1. Help us spread the word. Share this forum post, follow us on Twitter @pinkdayinla or post your excitement via #pinkday17

2. Attend - your presence will help to create a powerful force that not only will help raise funds, but help give support to players that are affected by Cancer. Knowing that they have a fantastic community behind them while they either battle this disease or have lost someone is great.

3. We are actively looking for volunteers for the event as well. You can contact Yailith.4056 ingame or email [email protected] for details about you as an individual can help or how to get your guild involved.

4. Donate in-game items for prizes. Again contact Yailith.4056 for details.

5. Wear Pink all October long! You don't have to be in Lion's Arch to help make an impact. Get your PVP games on in Pink or encourage your guild to wear Pink all month long in World Vs. World.

Don't forget to let us know you are attending by RSVPing to the event here:

https://tinyurl.com/pinkday17rsvp

The event is going to be packed full of games, trivia, on-air shenanigans and of course, tons of Prizes!

The event is also going to have a reunion of sorts for players who started in Tyria - so make sure to get Guild Wars 1 installed, as we pay homage to Sadie our very own Pink Dye vendor. ( and friend who lost her battle with cancer)

Our website, media kits and details will be updated throughout September - but still don't hesitate to message myself or anyone else at Gamers Giving Back with any questions about the event!

• This event is open to NA and EU Players*

REMINDER : Quaggan Waddle will be happening September 16th this year - so make sure to join this amazing event that was created to kick off our countdown to Pink Day!

See you in Lion's Arch and thanks again for supporting our cause!

Rhonda aka Malibu Barbie

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for hosting the Quaggan Waddle this past weekend!!! It was a lot of fun. Looking forward to Pink Day now :D

• Sorry I had to work and miss the Quaggan Waddle this weekend heard you raised some good money and had a blast. I know I had fun last year. I hope I can be off for Pink Day.

• what if everyday is pink day for me?

• Looking forward to this pink day. I've been a volunteer for it for the last 4 years in Guild Wars 2, and attended most of the events in the original Guild Wars. Funding research into a cure for cancer took a personal bend for me 5 years ago when I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. I can't afford to donate much money myself, so I donate time and in-game prizes to help give incentives to others for donations of money to the fight against cancer. Money that is donated goes directly to the Canadian Cancer Society, which provides research grants to international centers for cancer research. I hope people who can afford to donate do, and those who can't come and participate and spread the word about Pink Day. Check the web site listed in the original post for updates about prizes and contests.

• OpenCommunity is happy and honored to be participating as one of the EU organizers again this year! <3<3<3 This is truly one of the causes that make this community such a great one! We're hoping to do some pre-events for the European early birds as well ^^ I'll post more info once we set those in stone! :smile:

I'm also just personally really looking forward to it, Pink Day is always so much fun but this year it's just going to be such a blast! Can't wait!

• Slay dragons in all pink armor. Sounds like a great idea. Dragon stand Meta's for support.

• It's going to be awesome!

• Raven.7938Raven.7938 Member ✭✭

I will be there!

• Just a quick update for folks!

The Donation Prize list is HERE!

Check it out :)

http://pinkday.gamergivingback.com/prizes.html

Want a chance to win one of these prizes? It is easy - simply donate $10 CDN or more and choose a number from 1-1000 - email it to [email protected]!

Don't have any spare cash atm - still want to do your part?

We are featuring all players who donate in-game items to the cause on our website - because with their help, everyone wins! If you want to donate an in-game item, simply message/mail Yailith.4056 aka Malibu Barbie in-game! We encourage players to message us prior to sending gold - as we will most likely send you on a shopping spree. ;)

Thanks again for all the support Guild Wars 2 Community! Together we can make a difference in the fight against Cancer! #cancersucks

• Yailith.4056Yailith.4056 Member ✭✭
    edited October 8, 2017

Need some help with how to donate and qualify for prizes? Check out this handy picture!

• C'est un évènement à ne pas rater et j'ai vraiment hâte d'y être <3
    Surtout que ce n'est pas réservé aux serveurs NA mais bel et bien à tous et c'est pour une très belle cause <3
    Vivement <3

• Siempre he atendido al Pink Day desde el Guild Wars 1 y éste año quiero participar también, es una causa muy bonita y no me lo quiero perder por nada del mundo :) Sobretodo si es el décimo aniversario <3

• If i may, can we have in game pink ribbon decor for guild halls?

• As main a Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage since beginning, for a long time I have worn purple with some pink here and there. But since starting October I'm running around in all pink, even mounts and gliders are pink xD And compliments for the organization and initiative, looking forward to join it, I have kindred that lost that battle... :/

• I'm excited about the 10 year anniversary pink day! this will be the 4th Pink Day I've been a part of, hope to see many people, it's a great cause!

• 2 more days until Pink Day!

Here are some reminders for players about the event!

1. The Radio broadcast can be found via gw-en.com!
    2. When donating - don't forget to put your In-game name AND your server name on the honour scroll section!
    3. If you donate items of 10 gold or more, you will be put on our Hall of Heroes list!
    4. Use the LFG tool on the day of the event to find out what megaservers in Lion's Arch we are in! Several of our volunteers will be helping people into our areas!
    5. Send us your screenshots of yourself or your guildies dressed in pink! ( Mounts too :P) You can email them to [email protected] or Tweet them to @pinkdayinla with #pinkday17 on them! :D

See you all Saturday!

Rhonda

PS - We have already raised over $2000 for Cancer Research! Great job GW 2 Community!

• Pink Day in LA will be starting in 1 hour and 20 minutes! Get in game and get ready for fun and prizes. In addition, I am told there is an extra special prize provided by the Arena.net Devs called the Pocket Dev Pack. Only clue about what it is: Your guild and server will love you if you win.