DID YOU SEE THE ALLIANCES ENTRY IN THE ROADMAP!!??!?!??

Strider Pj.2193

I have a theory that not only alliances were a bad idea as it gave people more reasons to quit the game than play it but also that as WvW is pretty much in maintenance mode for past few and all future years they would risk also the zombies that still do it out of habit quitting as they would be forced to rebuild their place at a new world.

@Threather.9354 said:I have a theory that not only alliances were a bad idea as it gave people more reasons to quit the game than play it but also that as WvW is pretty much in maintenance mode for past few and all future years they would risk also the zombies that still do it out of habit quitting as they would be forced to rebuild their place at a new world.

So simply the IDEA of alliances caused them to quit...

Hmmm

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Threather.9354 said:I have a theory that not only alliances were a bad idea as it gave people more reasons to quit the game than play it but also that as WvW is pretty much in maintenance mode for past few and all future years they would risk also the zombies that still do it out of habit quitting as they would be forced to rebuild their place at a new world.

So simply the
IDEA
of alliances caused them to quit...

Hmmm

As it will give*, sorry, mistype.

No, not idea. Alliances aren't out yet so they haven't had to change their habits yet. Even though relinkings every 2 months have similar effects, just less destructive long-term, and are a joke too.

I think the roadmap mainly focused on PvE. And there even only showed the stuff where they can make it for sure within the announced release dates. Meaning: The story content people expect. And the usual festivals.

And for voice acting for the story ... even there only a bit is announced. Though I guess/hope the other stuff should not take much longer. (But they just don't want to promise it too early.)

I still think trying to shoehorn alliances into current wvw gave them pause and they decided to roll out a new PvP format and someone was like "hey, lets do factions again!". I won't get my hopes up but from marketing standpoint it seems to make the most sense instead of this random silent mode turning into a giant meme. Although having you realm vs realm PvP turn into a giant meme isn't exactly good for marketing either :#

It's been over 3 months since the last Dev or community manager post on this forum (except for the relinks) To me this says enough.People have asked for their input but they rather reply to someone on Twitter that made a drawing then give an update to their community.

I would prefer that they say: Hi folks, WvW is not going to get that much attention but we are keeping an eye out. After the expansion, we will revisit it. OR Alliances are delayed/not happening we will focus on X.

They are just letting everyone hanging right now. Ignoring a part of the community feels wrong. Especially with other MMO's around the corner or giving regular updates.

Part of running an MMO or a live service is community engagement, this is partially done by keeping that community involved and informed.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@WindBlade.8749 said:To be fair a lot of content are still missing in the roadmap, it's more a story roadmap than anything else. (don't mean alliance are comming or not)

I have a small fortune of 1.4 million USD in a bank in my home nation of Africa I need your help to get out of the country if you believe that.

i didn't say it's will be out, neither it's will not be, just that the roadmap they release is more a story roadmap than anything else, even strikes/raids or other pve content are often not announced int (sometime are).

@Halbarz.3854 said:I would prefer that they say: Hi folks, WvW is not going to get that much attention but we are keeping an eye out. After the expansion, we will revisit it. OR Alliances are delayed/not happening we will focus on X.

right lol. people would freak out and lose their minds if anet did that. they're dammed if they do, dammed if they don't.

Strictly from a selfish perspective, I don't care about alliances. If my life ever turns around for the better I'll be done with this game anyway. The only reason I continue to play and have for so long is because of things I can't fully control. I love WvW and GW2, but I'd never have even started playing if things didn't go the way they did.I'm just glad people continue to keep WvW alive and that combat is engaging enough to be fun after all these years. Alliances would be a nice change, but it's also an apathetic "meh" from me and I never felt invested in the idea from the beginning. I think a lot of people expected too much of it and even continue to do so. Absolutely it would change things, but I doubt if it would revitalize WvW entirely or that it would be the kind of excitement some are looking for. WvW is and can still be lots of fun without alliances, ANet just needs to be more consistent with their balance patches. Because that is truly the WvW content people want and need.