[RUSH] Warrior - The legendary 50:50 skill

Smoosh.2718

Can we seriously see this skill totally reworked please!

I am honestly tired of trying to kill someone with rush to have my character run away from the target, or even run beyond them and then backwards getting hit by 10x the number of attacks than I should have if the skill actually worked.

The skill currently has a 50:50 chance of doing what its meant to. If you use Rush at a range of 300, the skill has a high chance of running away from the target and slashing the air 400 range away. If you use the skill on someone coming towards you, you also will run away from the target, if you use the skill on someone moving to the side, the skill will then overshoot massivly to the side.

REWORK THIS SKILL! It is not ok in its current state!

I have not noticed this happen with skills like Rush. Maybe a fix could be put in place to make the skill act in the same way... or make the skill like the Revenants 'teleport' dash, where you zip into the mists onto the target... Something reliable.

@Vancho.8750 said:Idk how but the Ranger's GS Swoop works better then all of the gapclosers in the game, like there is some kind of inconsistencies on how generally the same skills are coded differently for no reason, as if the people working on the game do not talk to each other.

I saw a reddit comment before, it talked about water buckets.

There are ground targeted, pointblank aoe, single use and multi use water buckets.

Anet is known for being consistently inconsistent, also they don't really have a game director afaik.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:Idk how but the Ranger's GS Swoop works better then all of the gapclosers in the game, like there is some kind of inconsistencies on how generally the same skills are coded differently for no reason, as if the people working on the game do not talk to each other.

I saw a reddit comment before, it talked about water buckets.

There are ground targeted, pointblank aoe, single use and multi use water buckets.

Anet is known for being consistently inconsistent, also they don't really have a game director afaik.

and just look at the ranger tiger leap, it can literally go 90 degrees around corners and still hit you, its annoying how a pet skill has better accuracy than most player movement skills.

@Quadox.7834 said:Same with mirage thrust, even on an enemy standing completely you will still regularly not get the daze. If you are running infinite horizon and dodge with three clones out there is an approximately 0% chance that all four leaps will hit.On Reaper is even more funny, you press Death Charge the target moves maybe with teleport or just walks away, your character pathing gets confused and it decides to sit on one place and spin the stick.

One way to fix this skill is by removing it and making it a skill shot like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sundering_Leap . Make it a AOE leap, cause cripple so you can start to rely on the weapon than having to use other CC skills which are in ... every...single...pvp...build...(Bulls Charge).

The question then comes to range, can you leap 1200 range? Then again... didnt the warrior use the magic in Tyria to enhance their own physical strength, in many ways this could be the more unique thing about the warrior, while at the same time provide a reliable skillshot skill to use (which doesnt fail due to blind luck, which doesnt run away in the other direction, which doesnt wait 2s then strike the air and which does not go beyond the desired distance.)

Now... will this change? After the last Podcast, this would require a bit of 'effort' and 'effort' is something they dont like doing so... i guess the 50:50 skill is here to stay... Prove us wrong please Anet!

Imagine if this game actually employed real movement and small targeted AoE attacks instead of always falling back into crippling dependency on tab-targeting. Honestly, what's really the problem with doing something like giving a player an attack similar to the sequence a player has to use in order to leap with the raptor mount and then go into the raptor's tail swipe attack? What's really the problem with giving that to a whole bunch of classes?

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:Same with mirage thrust, even on an enemy standing completely you will still regularly not get the daze. If you are running infinite horizon and dodge with three clones out there is an approximately 0% chance that all four leaps will hit.On Reaper is even more funny, you press Death Charge the target moves maybe with teleport or just walks away, your character pathing gets confused and it decides to sit on one place and spin the stick.

it happens a lot when closed to the target, it moves like 100 units and then spins in place, but then again I dont even get how the damage gets calculated for the skill.sometimes it ticks 6 times for 1k-1,5k each, sometimes it does one big tick for 7k. Wiki implies the last tick does more then the first but says nothing how many time it hits and the actual damage shrug

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Quadox.7834" said:Same with mirage thrust, even on an enemy standing completely you will still regularly not get the daze. If you are running infinite horizon and dodge with three clones out there is an approximately 0% chance that all four leaps will hit.On Reaper is even more funny, you press Death Charge the target moves maybe with teleport or just walks away, your character pathing gets confused and it decides to sit on one place and spin the stick.

it happens a lot when closed to the target, it moves like 100 units and then spins in place, but then again I dont even get how the damage gets calculated for the skill.sometimes it ticks 6 times for 1k-1,5k each, sometimes it does one big tick for 7k. Wiki implies the last tick does more then the first but says nothing how many time it hits and the actual damage shrugMight stacks work wonders on Reaper, it is just someone has to give them to you. Also you are right the last hit that applies the blind does the most
and the first hit does almost nothing, so its ramp up 'I'm hitting you please dodge' skill.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@"Quadox.7834" said:Same with mirage thrust, even on an enemy standing completely you will still regularly not get the daze. If you are running infinite horizon and dodge with three clones out there is an approximately 0% chance that all four leaps will hit.On Reaper is even more funny, you press Death Charge the target moves maybe with teleport or just walks away, your character pathing gets confused and it decides to sit on one place and spin the stick.

it happens a lot when closed to the target, it moves like 100 units and then spins in place, but then again I dont even get how the damage gets calculated for the skill.sometimes it ticks 6 times for 1k-1,5k each, sometimes it does one big tick for 7k. Wiki implies the last tick does more then the first but says nothing how many time it hits and the actual damage shrugMight stacks work wonders on Reaper, it is just someone has to give them to you. Also you are right the last hit that applies the blind does the most
and the first hit does almost nothing, so its ramp up 'I'm hitting you please dodge' skill.

it only shows damage from last hit, doesnt show how many "smaller" hits are there and how much damage they do, I REALLY dislike that :/not saying skill is bad or strong, its versitile