Ranger Pet Options and Quickness in PvP

Johnny.1634

@Johnny.2681

This test was ran like this:

• Lynx starts with his burst which is on a 24s CD. I let it auto attack until the F2 comes off CD, and then I merge it so it stops attacking. Then I view the golem's health level. I actually gave the Lynx an extra second or two past 24s to strike a couple extra times on the first go.
  • Then I run Tiger and he opens with his burst which is on an 8s CD. When the burst recharges he immediately uses it again and it goes on an 8s CD. Then when it comes off CD he uses it a 3rd time and it goes on an 8s CD. When the 3rd CD ends, which is 24s duration of attacking, I merge the Tiger so it stops attacking. Even though the Lynx had extra second or two of attacking, the Tiger significantly out damages the Lynx.
  • Then I run Lynx again, do same thing.
  • Then I run Tiger one more time, do same thing. The Tiger again significantly out damages the Lynx.

It is important to note that the Tiger is significantly out damaging the Lynx even while hitting a dummy that doesn't move and doesn't cleanse. In a real match against actual opponents, people cycle condi cleanse and the Lynx F2 bleed doesn't stick. The Lynx also only has 1 leap which is on a 24s CD, where the Tiger gets 3 leaps to the Lynx's 1 leap. The leaps make it more practical to land damage against actual opponents. In this regard, the Tiger is sort of like a Smokescale in that he is not so easily avoided as a Lynx chasing you with autos. The Tiger's biggest damage is also in those leaps. But that's just comparing to the two cats on their own.

When it comes to what the cats are actually doing to bolster the Ranger itself, the Lynx is of no comparison to the Tiger. The Tiger's F2 which is 10s of AoE fury on an 8s CD, keeps perma fury on both the Tiger and the Ranger. This significantly increases the DPS of the Ranger as well. The 8s fury proc also allows access to Remorseless rather freely and on demand, which is excellent. The Remorseless applies to both the Tiger's and the Ranger's strikes, which is a very large damage increase. The fury also effects any team mates that are nearby. So not only does the Tiger out damage the Lynx on its own, but the Tiger is granting A LOT of DPS to the Ranger and everyone around it benefitting from fury. If I had been running marksman in that test so that the Tiger would have been using Remorseless, the damage between the Tiger and the Lynx wouldn't even been comparable. The Tiger at that point would heavily outweigh the Lynx in damage probably by about +50% total at the end of each 24s segment. You can see that I did not have Remorseless on in the video by lookin at my status bar and seeing that it does not activate when the Tiger is using fury.

Some things that you said to me:

@Johnny.2681 said:Why do things need to be spelt out to people like babies on here...Verdict: Lynx has the strongest damage, and does so in very quick bursts.Verdict: Do I really need to say anything? Lynx wins by a landslideWhile Tiger brings constant Fury to himself/you and your teammates, they deal much less damage.Lynx deals much more damage with just these numbers alone!
So yes, Lynx is a stronger pet than Tiger.And I assure you, you don't need to explain Rangers or Pets to me.

You are wrong sir. The Tiger deals a lot more damage than the Lynx in every situation and in every regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTpUePYSaOo

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@Johnny.2681

This test was ran like this:

• Lynx starts with his burst which is on a 24s CD. I let it auto attack until the F2 comes off CD, and then I merge it so it stops attacking. Then I view the golem's health level. I actually gave the Lynx an extra second or two past 24s to strike a couple extra times on the first go.
  • Then I run Tiger and he opens with his burst which is on an 8s CD. When the burst recharges he immediately uses it again and it goes on an 8s CD. Then when it comes off CD he uses it a 3rd time and it goes on an 8s CD. When the 3rd CD ends, which is 24s duration of attacking, I merge the Tiger so it stops attacking. Even though the Lynx had extra second or two of attacking, the Tiger significantly out damages the Lynx.
  • Then I run Lynx again, do same thing.
  • Then I run Tiger one more time, do same thing. The Tiger again significantly out damages the Lynx.

It is important to note that the Tiger is significantly out damaging the Lynx even while hitting a dummy that doesn't move and doesn't cleanse. In a real match against actual opponents, people cycle condi cleanse and the Lynx F2 bleed doesn't stick. The Lynx also only has 1 leap which is on a 24s CD, where the Tiger gets 3 leaps to the Lynx's 1 leap. The leaps make it more practical to land damage against actual opponents. In this regard, the Tiger is sort of like a Smokescale in that he is not so easily avoided as a Lynx chasing you with autos. The Tiger's biggest damage is also in those leaps. But that's just comparing to the two cats on their own.

When it comes to what the cats are actually doing to bolster the Ranger itself, the Lynx is of no comparison to the Tiger. The Tiger's F2 which is 10s of AoE fury on an 8s CD, keeps perma fury on both the Tiger and the Ranger. This significantly increases the DPS of the Ranger as well. The 8s fury proc also allows access to Remorseless rather freely and on demand, which is excellent. The Remorseless applies to both the Tiger's and the Ranger's strikes, which is a very large damage increase. The fury also effects any team mates that are nearby. So not only does the Tiger out damage the Lynx on its own, but the Tiger is granting A LOT of DPS to the Ranger and everyone around it benefitting from fury. If I had been running marksman in that test so that the Tiger would have been using Remorseless, the damage between the Tiger and the Lynx wouldn't even been comparable. The Tiger at that point would heavily outweigh the Lynx in damage probably by about +50% total at the end of each 24s segment. You can see that I did not have Remorseless on in the video by lookin at my status bar and seeing that it does not activate when the Tiger is using fury.

Some things that you said to me:

@Johnny.2681 said:Why do things need to be spelt out to people like babies on here...Verdict: Lynx has the strongest damage, and does so in very quick bursts.Verdict: Do I really need to say anything? Lynx wins by a landslideWhile Tiger brings constant Fury to himself/you and your teammates, they deal much less damage.Lynx deals much more damage with just these numbers alone!

So yes, Lynx is a stronger pet than Tiger.And I assure you, you don't need to explain Rangers or Pets to me.

You are wrong sir. The Tiger deals a lot more damage than the Lynx in every situation and in every regard.

Um...what?Lmao, your own video shows it.... Lynx is faster at hitting the HP points you stop at in both example you've shown...and he doesn't even have Fury.....Fury isn't a buff exclusive to Tigers as your argument seems to stem from, Ranger has easy access to a lot of it. Is it useful that Tiger can provide it? Yes, but that still doesn't change the fact that Lynx deals much more damage.I'm sorry for whatever reason you find this and attack animation disjointing so hard to believe but your wrong, its a fact.

@Johnny.2681 the thing about tiger versus snow leopard and lynx is just that tiger is just better, though they are all good pets and tiger got a slight nerf. Tigers leap is on a super short cd and hits once, this one hit is super important becuz that one hit is often full of damage mods plus it gives fury which gives more damage and mods to the ranger. For some builds yes the other felines are great and if they had leaps on a shorter cd I’m sure they’d be meta, but tiger is just more advanced and hence better on average.

@Johnny.2681 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:......there are a couple of threads which do a proper study of pets dps and show the lynx does an inconsequential DPS increased because of the sustained condi damage from the F2.Also when talking about Pet DPS not only come into consideration the raw numbers but also the coding behind the pets, Tiger uses a newer code which benefits from quickness if i'm not mistaken. Still can't hit moving targets thou.

Yes pets need to work better, all the pets as it doesn't matter how many we have access for if most of them don't work. It should not be that difficult to fix as right now we have newer pets from similar families which they could use to replace old one: SmokeScale routines can be used for canines, felines have updated pets of the same family, bristleback coding can be applied to the devourers, Iboga to spiders.If the problem is the animations itself then i wouldn't mind to have to do the all scavenger hunt again if that means they will release the fixed pets again.

Above all that is not secret i do not like to focus pets into "just additional DPS" as that remove a lot of depth from the class, but instead i'd like them better to be more focus into providing extra utility to the ranger. Good examples of that are Smokescale and Jacaranda, not only the F2's but also one of the passives to provide something no other pet can. Players don't need 45 different skins of the same pet and even that could be handled better than having 45 different pets which do exactly the same.

AI Gap closers for melee pets and AI ranged AoEs like the jacaranda or spiders and leave the F2's for those actual skills which can change the flow of the fight like the roots from the jacaranda or the smoke field from the smokescale should be the standard.

Unfortunately is not the case making most of the pets useless in most scenarios. And that's what we should focus on.