Can we get more Sylvari themed armor?

Hot Boy.7138

Have we gotten any new Sylvari themed armor in game since launch. I know we have the cultural armor and twilight arbor set that launched with the game. I can't think of any other pieces that is earned in game. I'm glad for the sylvari themed Maguuma gloves, shoulders, and boots in the gem store. However, what about the chest and pants, which are the biggest pieces of the wardrobe. I've been doing the best I can to create Sylvari themed looks with the few pieces we got. I honestly would be willing to buy gems for a some high textured chest and leg pieces. You can throw in a helm if you're feeling creative and generous, but it's not as important and getting some chest and leg pieces.

@Teratus.2859 said:There's also the Town Clothing outfit which comes up planty on Sylvari..

Yup, the Common Clothes outfit. And the Cook and Wedding outfits are also planty for sylvari. Oh, and the one Canach wears... Verdant Executor was it? And that's pretty much it, IIRC.

I'm not even much keen on the Maguuma armor pieces as they're much too bulky for my liking and too stone-ish to be considered enough sylvari-themed by me. I like the Shadow of the Dragon set a little better, but it's very bulky for males too. And the helmet clips tremendously.

So yes, please give us more leafy fashion. Much MUCH more. At least the stuff NPCs get to wear (like the guy in Siren's Landing with those nice leafy shorts. I need those badly).

@anninke.7469 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:There's also the Town Clothing outfit which comes up planty on Sylvari..

Yup, the Common Clothes outfit. And the Cook and Wedding outfits are also planty for sylvari. Oh, and the one Canach wears... Verdant Executor was it? And that's pretty much it, IIRC.

I'm not even much keen on the Maguuma armor pieces as they're much too bulky for my liking and too stone-ish to be considered enough sylvari-themed by me. I like the Shadow of the Dragon set a little better, but it's very bulky for males too. And the helmet clips tremendously.

So yes, please give us more leafy fashion. Much MUCH more. At least the stuff NPCs get to wear (like the guy in Siren's Landing with those nice leafy shorts. I need those badly).

i love the maguuma set so much. I love the mix of wood and stone textures and that they can be dyed separately. But i'd be glad for some leafy looks. I actually wish they'd use that legendary armor tech they developed for animated armor to make sylvari themed armor that bloom flowers when you unsheath your weapon, and the flowers wither when you sheath your weapon/leave combat.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

i love the maguuma set so much. I love the mix of wood and stone textures and that they can be dyed separately. But i'd be glad for some leafy looks. I actually wish they'd use that legendary armor tech they developed for animated armor to make sylvari themed armor that bloom flowers when you unsheath your weapon, and the flowers wither when you sheath your weapon/leave combat.

Oooh, I like the idea very much. Very much indeed.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

Legendary cultural armour's.. that would be pretty awesome :)Or not even legendary, just some special, expensive ascended armours with animations like legendary but without the stat swapping ability ^^.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense that the flowers bloom with the day/night cycle? At night you glow, during the day you bloom.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense that the flowers bloom with the day/night cycle? At night you glow, during the day you bloom.

While that would be awesome, it probably would be pretty demanding on the armor teams since animated armor on the legendary side to sooo long

@Head Kracker.4790 said:

While that would be awesome, it probably would be pretty demanding on the armor teams since animated armor on the legendary side to sooo long

I think what took long was the development of the tech. The actual design of the armor didn't take long. My outsider opinion with no inside knowledge.

@Yggranya.5201 said:Wouldn't it make more sense that the flowers bloom with the day/night cycle? At night you glow, during the day you bloom.

Yes, this would be sweet. I mean I already glow at night... and speaking of armor I'm pretty pleased with what I've managed to put together but I could see more options. As it is there's just one chest peice and one leg piece that I will wear unless I'm in my form fitting Haunted Armor outfit lol

@HotDelirium.7984 said:How much salad would a salad toss if a salad could toss salad?

All salad in sight and any salad encountered in the parking lot out the way to the car I guess ...But it's pretty late; and these are the salad tossing habits of a bygone era. Everything's made to order these days, ofc

Yes, more sylvari cultural armor (and other stuff too) would be great :) I doubt they'll release something with the new expansion, since they didn't add anything with HoT or PoF (only in the gem store). We have a few extra skins, sure, but again, in the gem store. And honestly, that's how I think they'll release racial/cultural skins. Or any new way that we don't know of yet.

Since we're on the topic of sylvari, I'd really like to see their cycles have some impact on them. I know it's probably too late for this, and many people have suggested this before, but I'd like to see the four cycles in-game and not just day and night, and have our character react in a special way during their cycle :) I don't know, saying something (e.g. "Ah, my favorite time of day/night") or just taking a deep and relaxing breath. They already react to night (by glowing), so I'd like to see them react to their cycle as well. But oh well, I'll keep dreaming :grin:

• 2 years later...