Watch the trailer for The Icebrood Saga: Champions Chapter 1!

Fire Attunement.9835

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ... now we know why our behemoth blue buddy felt (s)he needed to save the world. And I predicted the behemoth boulder buddy would make a showing, but I admit I was not expecting it to be so immediate.

Good trailer. I especially like the "future" part of it. Granted, it makes the part about Chapter 1 quite short, but the teaser about the future is appreciated.

Is there a new map in those screenshots? I couldn't quite tell, although I thought I spotted areas I didn't recognise

Surely it's not just a bit of story and some invasions. That would be... disappointing

And a truce with Jormag... really? I mean are we just ignoring the rest of the Saga now?

No new map is really disappointing, specially since it's been so long since we got a new one. I was eager to explore new places.I'm not sure if the invasions we see here are instanced content or what. Could be like the memory episode with rytlok warband.I hope we get those maps updates with newer graphics and stuff on them, st least that would make them look nicer.Still I'm excited for this ?

I like that older maps are getting more content but I hope there's at least one more map for the chapter.What I wish if we are getting the story in older maps is that they finally get the visual upgrade they desperately need, It'd be great to have older players running trough an updated core Tyria with the newer players coming trough steam.

Nice trailer0 hypeMore of the same content - boring story, invasion events like all the previous ones (mordremoth, joko etc)New skins with 0 feeling of acomplishment in getting themThe alied factions and races did peak my interess, but it will most likely be a bunch of npcs standing aroundNot looking forward to the massively repeatable achivementsTime to skip another patch

Yikes.

More hyped about reading expansion details in a blog post than playing whatever this is. Are we supposed to be hyped about the "allied factions" joining us? Are they going to be anything more than extra vendors or npc's spawning in Eye of the North?

Seeing some Thunderhead Peaks in there so I'm assuming that's the reason for the instancing, letting players without the seasons go into older maps without having the older living story maps.

Curious how the monetization behind this saga will go after it's over. Are they just going to charge for the episodes with maps and open world content? I can't imagine anyone buying a bunch of solo/group invasion missions in core maps.

It looks like these invasions are instanced content for 1-5 players combined with like a wow reputation grind which you befriend different npc races and the higher the rep is they show up more often to help in this 1-5 instanced content at least that's my guess so no not like awakened invasions

My first impression

1) Re used weapon skin2) Re used maps (Fields of ruin with terrible textures)3) Tengu head feathers look a bit customized (if they become a playable race I will uninstall)4) Dwarves as allies ( if they become a playable race I will the buy the expansion)5) Dragon missions look like they will be instances with fake borders like story (fake borders are immersion breaking to me) I hope I'm wrong.6) Still no mention of new legendary weapons.7) The worlds invaded, Feels like a reskin of season 1. (They couldnt bring back S1, so reskinned it to S5) feels like dejavu...

@Vavume.8065 said:7) The worlds invaded, Feels like a reskin of season 1. (They couldnt bring back S1, so reskinned it to S5)

They've long since overdone the invasion angle.

• S1 Watchwork
  • pre-HoT Mordrem invasion (which broke so badly they had to abandon it)
  • Awakened (now just feels disjointed)

The problem with invasion angles if they go in open world is that they date badly. I've never been a fan of mixing timelines in map areas.

They can be fun though mind you, but it does feel a bit like a tired go-to trope when they run out of time to something more substantial

@Randulf.7614 said:

The problem with invasion angles if they go in open world is that they date badly. I've never been a fan of mixing timelines in map areas.

I agree, going back to fields of ruin is not an epic climax to the saga, it feels like going back to 2012 and 2012 textures, they need to add a new map during these champion chapters to finish strongly (I'm guessing they will)

@Vavume.8065 said:

I agree, going back to field of ruin is not an epic climax to the saga, it feels like going back to 2012 and 2012 textures, they need to add a new map during these champion chapters to finish strongly (I'm guessing they will)

Could be a new map next chapter and maybe one for chapter 4?