The Icebrood Saga: Champions Chapter 1 Trailer

Daniel Handler.4816

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly it seems Anet have gone that route. Just bizarre it really it is

Half a season set up specifically to show why we must not trust Jormag. Why we are in conflict. Now we're supposed to believe we can enter a truce and trust them because of another Dragon? I mean that is so going to end well isn't it

I don't think they even proof read their story arcs sometimes

@Randulf.7614 said:Sadly it seems Anet have gone that route. Just bizarre it really it is

Half a season set up specifically to show why we must not trust Jormag. Why we are in conflict. Now we're supposed to believe we can enter a truce and trust them because of another Dragon? I mean that is so going to end well isn't it

Lesser of two evils. Primodus' minions are literally called Destroyers. His domain is fire and conflagration.

This was going to happen since we sent them both to sleep. We are past the point of them mentioning Jormag is ice and persuasion. And has minions that can at least be spoken with.

Now we need ice stuff to deal with the fire dragon. Which we were going to need anyway after the machine was destroyed.

I don't know how clearer they could get after this trailer that Primordus was always the bigger threat and we need Jormag's help to defeat him. The reason it's coming after making Jormag seem menacing is because its supposed to be a hard choice.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Sadly it seems Anet have gone that route. Just bizarre it really it is

Lesser of two evils. Primodus' minions are literally called Destroyers. His domain is fire and conflagration.

This was going to happen since we sent them both to sleep. We are past the point of them mentioning Jormag is ice and persuasion. And has minions that can at least be spoken with.

Now we need ice stuff to deal with the fire dragon. Which we were going to need anyway after the machine was destroyed.

I don't know how clearer they could get after this trailer that Primordus was always the bigger threat and we need Jormag's help to defeat him.

Jormag's ultimate goal is the same, the method is just different. There is no advantage in siding with it and they've made that clearer than anything else for a long time now. It's why Glint's Legacy exists - so we have a "good" Elder Dragon on our side to go up against others. I never liked that direction, but at least it made senseTaking Jormag's aid is absolutely not a good idea at all and our Commander will be putting back on the usual "idiot hat" by doing so.

Not only has Jormag proven to be completely manipulative and untrustworthy, but having access to the Mists gives it greater reach, great power and the risk of going down a route similar to Kralk.

There was never any real need to bring Primordus into the story right now, but it's clear the current writing team are bored with Dragons and just want to rush them out the door and shoe horning a truce which makes no real sense is one of the consequences.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:One thing to note. We see plenty of allies in this trailer... but no Icebrood beyond Bangar, who hates Jormag.

My guess is the truce is set up at the end of the chapter as consequence after the events we play through in whatever story we get

Also, people are saying they saw Ryland in there. Is that correct or are people confusing him with Bangar?

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Sadly it seems Anet have gone that route. Just bizarre it really it is

I don't know how clearer they could get after this trailer that Primordus was always the bigger threat and we need Jormag's help to defeat him.

Jormag's ultimate goal is the same, the method is just different. There is no advantage in siding with it and they've made that clearer than anything else for a long time now. It's why Glint's Legacy exists - so we have a "good" Elder Dragon on our side to go up against others. I never liked that direction, but at least it made sense

Jormags goal is to eat magic until they fall asleep. Then wake up and do it again. If that involves the destruction of all life so be it. But that doesn't have to be the case as long as they get fed.

Taking Jormag's aid is absolutely not a good idea at all and our Commander will be putting back on the usual "idiot hat" by doing so.

Not only has Jormag proven to be completely manipulative and untrustworthy, but having access to the Mists gives it greater reach, great power and the risk of going down a route similar to Kralk.

There was never any real need to bring Primordus into the story right now, but it's clear the current writing team are bored with Dragons and just want to rush them out the door and shoe horning a truce which makes no real sense is one of the consequences.

Aurene is the dragon of Fury/Crystal and likely a bunch of Shadow and maybe a little Mind.

To depict her powers is simple. Magic was already said to operate like light by Taimi. And no one bats an eye when someone in control of crystals and shadows is now a walking prism.

But Jormag is the Elder Dragon of Ice and Persuasion. The ice part is easy. Persuasion is something you have to work at to show. They have literally told us in game they like to take their time. They don't force things, they slowly win people over. This isn't shoehorning, it's character development.

Jormag won't force us to help them defeat their major weakness. We will come willingly because Primordus is going to destroy large parts of the world. That's how it always was going to be from the time we sent them both to sleep. Unless there is another random magical bow out there that can damage Primordus. We require their help.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:One thing to note. We see plenty of allies in this trailer... but no Icebrood beyond Bangar, who hates Jormag.

My guess is the truce is set up at the end of the chapter as consequence after the events we play through in whatever story we get

Also, people are saying they saw Ryland in there. Is that correct or are people confusing him with Bangar?

Ryland is there, you can hear him talk and see him fight with his flamesaw.

I believe Councillor Zudo will be part of this release (I noticed her character model). There's a good chance her sister Ludo will be there too.

Jormag does appear to be the lesser of the two evils...

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:Aurene is the dragon of Fury/Crystal and likely a bunch of Shadow and maybe a little Mind.Aurene is the dragon of light.

Light is not a discrete domain like Ice, Persuasion, Fire, Conflagration, etc.

When Aurene replaced Kralkatorrik she absorbed Fury and Crystal, along with what he received from the deaths of Zhaitan/Mordremoth/Balthazar (parts of Death/Shadow, Plant/Mind, and War). She also got something from eating Joko.

This is why Jormag calls her the dragon of prisms. She is a crystal dragon with several domains filtering through her like light.

She has way more powers than being a walking rainbow. It just happens in this case that light is also a common thread among three or more of the domains she has. Crystal, Fury (which contains Sun), and Shadow. Maybe Plant because bioluminescence

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:Light is not a discrete domain like Ice, Persuasion, Fire, Conflagration, etc.Its what Anet called Aurene's domain on the Icebrood Saga magazine they put out.

Yes. But it's not what Jormag calls her in game. While Aurene refers to Jormag as Ice and Persuasion.

Light is not a single leftover from the many many things that were inside Kralkatorrik. It is the catch-all term that Anet uses.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"Daniel Handler.4816" said:Yes. But it's not what Jormag calls her in game.Yes, Jormag calls her "Elder Dragon of Prisms" which are used to split light

Yes. But it's important to remember that Light is a supercategory of multiple things. Aurene can ressurect the dead, create hive minds, summon crystals, etc.

If you filtered all the magic inside her. The vast majority is Fury and Crystal from Kralkatorrik. Which contain sunlight (remember zephyrite crystals) and prisms. They make up the largest part of Light.

Then there is maybe Shadows, bioluminescence from Plants or illusions from Mind. All the extra stuff adds onto the theme of Light and you get this design of a prism with a bunch of colors. Both because she has probably the most influence over the substance of light of any dragon and because she is filtering magic from several different domains like a prism separates light.

From the Norn's perspective, is this even remotely a good idea? Jormag pushed them out of the northern Shiverpeaks... aka their HOME. countless Norn lost their lives to that dragon. and now a truce is on the horizon because the Big One is attacking? From a lore perspective, I really do not see how any Norn, with the exception of the Sons of Svanir, would agree to a truce with Jormag. ever.