balthazar got the guts

JUN YANG.4328

i dont fully understand gw2's story (due to English is not my first language). but i dont think balthazar is that bad. i mean he try to claim the power of Primordus and kill Kralkatorrik. why players need to stop him? if he do success this is no ls4 story. and even dont have to deal with primordus and jormag.

Human god is supposed to rivaling with the elder dragon. he is the only one had the guts. what's the other 5 doing? no army at all and left player do all the dirty work? left the world like a coward. not even Grenth and melandru can control Zhaitan and Mordremoth's army after they had been defeated/ killed.

The death of any more elder dragons will throw the magical balance of the world and destroy it. The other gods knew that their actions would potentially cause more harm then good from the magical fallout of the dragon's deaths. Balthazar though does not care what happens to Tyria, the elder dragons are a means to an end to build back up with magic that was taken by the other six because of him being a warmonger. What happened with Jormag and Primordus at the end of Flashpoint was kinda an accident as Balthazar was going to kill both together till PC stopped him and Omadd's Machine breaking just put the two dragons in a coma. But killing Kralk before his replacement in the elders dragons was ready would doom the world. He even risked Aurene in an attempt to kill Kralk and she was the last replacement for any of the dragons as far as we know.

You're technically not wrong. Balthazar was a boss. But all gods, including Balthazar, essentially abandoned Tyria. Balthazar was just going to suck up some magic before Tyria went bye-bye. Or well, that was the thought processes of the commander and his allies. Joko may have hinted at an alternate reality. But that is the point. I think the writers are attempting to make us feel somewhat conflicted with our actions. Afterall, we really don't fully understand the "eternal alchemy", etc. etc.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:see.. that's the thing. who ever comes up the story doesnt make any sense. aurene is the one could help. she is not doing anyhing + useless 5 gods. should pull down their statues lol

There once was a God called Abadon. He was removed from power by the other Gods. This was extremely violent and caused major destruction to the world, It created the crystal dessert and the desolation.

It is not that they do not want to help, it is cause it is extremely dangerous. You just can't simply destroy a dragon. We did it with 2 and Tyria is litterally falling apart. We know now it needs replacement, like with Kralkatorix.

The entire story of Balthazar in this arc has been created cause the gods posed a problem to the main story. They needed to be out of the picture. This is why it is explained that a God cann't replace a dragon to recreate the balance.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:So since aurene took the place of kralk, who will take the place of jormag, primordus, and then kuunavang? (Let alone mordremoth and zaitan)

i dont think kuunavang is the elder dragon. btw i dont know why aurene dont have minions. mainly she only do the talking atm

She has minions, she just didn't forcibly create them because she's trying to be less destructive than Kralkatorrik. As well as the Commander and Caithe there's the Order of the Crystal Bloom who have chosen to follow her.

Her mother Glint did the same thing. She only used minions she'd created inside her lair, to defend herself and test anyone who came in. Outside of that she worked with the Forgotten and the dwarven Brotherhood of the Dragon.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:So since aurene took the place of kralk, who will take the place of jormag, primordus, and then kuunavang? (Let alone mordremoth and zaitan)

Aurene is likely going to replace all the Elder Dragons.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Archwizard.1603 said:Aside from Caithe I dont believe Aurene made any other minions. Don’t know if any in the new crystal bloom faction had undergone any branding, I believe she only is taking individuals who are willing to be branded

Aurene hasnt made any minions... yet : V

Aurene has corrupted Caithe during an ingame cutscene. This is a fact.Even if Caithe calls it different, it still is a form of corruption.In fact, it's quite similar to the Frost legion, as they also are corrupted while retaining their free will (with Bangar being a special case, due to him being Jormag's new voice).