[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@Scavarius.6059 said:while i agree that box in box(yo dawg) is kinda a lot, the change to everything drops uni gear made it fairly tolerable. we're talking about the bonus lootchests from the mapreward, right? what would you like instead, since every single chest draws from the mobdrop tables. wich would make removing them a hard nerf.

@Scavarius.6059 said:while i agree that box in box(yo dawg) is kinda a lot, the change to everything drops uni gear made it fairly tolerable. we're talking about the bonus lootchests from the mapreward, right? what would you like instead, since every single chest draws from the mobdrop tables. wich would make removing them a hard nerf.

I don't know what it looks like on new maps. But in old HOT and POF maps you get lots of bags that you open and where there are more bags. And in THESE bags, sometimes there is still another bag you can open for loot. Especially these plant-skin lootbags do that in my experience.

I never understood this system personally, but maybe there are people who like it.

Maybe a solution could be that at least some bags/boxes open automatically when they're dropped? That way the computer still goes through the different loot tables, and you still get the same end results but you don't have to open them manually. Kind of like how PoF used to have various items which could be consumed for karma, then sometime not long after launch (or maybe even before?) they were changed to be consumed automatically - you'll still see the items in the list on the right of the screen but they never go into your inventory.

Although if they did that I'd like to keep unidentified gear as it is because I find it useful to stack it up and then open them all at once when I'm in a town and ready to sort it all out. I think some people would like to keep champion bags too because I know farming them on one character then passing them to another to open is a popular strategy.

But things like the Hidden Treasure which comes from some tree and plant nodes, or the Bag of Rare Gear @WorldofBay.8160 mentioned could open automatically when you get them, so you just receive the end result without having to manually open the bag it came in.

"We need more drops!"Okay, here's more drops. And it's stacked up so it doesn't all clutter your inventory! Just click here..."Stop with the boxes already!"smh

Actual, relevant commentary: Have you tried "Salvage All"? It's very good at getting rid of various vendor trash.

@"Trise.2865" said:"We need more drops!"Okay, here's more drops. And it's stacked up so it doesn't all clutter your inventory! Just click here..."Stop with the boxes already!"smh

Actual, relevant commentary: Have you tried "Salvage All"? It's very good at getting rid of various vendor trash.

Salvaging all does not salvage boxes. There are boxes left. After opening the boxes and salvaging all leaves the new boxes that were in the previous boxes among other things. Opening them and salvaging all leaves the boxes that were in them boxes and salvages the rest. Opening those boxes and salvaging all....

Its even worse in competitive modes where there's an extra box on top of all the other boxes, due to Magic Find affecting the rewards. It takes me longer to un-un-unpack my loot from an hour of WvW than it does from a run of all HoT meta maps.

And there's not even that much of it, its just boxed up like you ordered it from Amazon.

@"Trise.2865" said:"We need more drops!"Okay, here's more drops. And it's stacked up so it doesn't all clutter your inventory! Just click here..."Stop with the boxes already!"smh

This problem has already existed before hot, therefore ... strange reaction to this thread.And you are aware that loot bags cannot be salvaged?

November of 2020 and this persists.

The part that makes me angry is that there's no explanation in the UI as to why this is happening, or what to do to make it go away. Through a combination of Googling, asking in Lion's Arch, and poking at the UI for 10 minutes or so, I finally figured out that I needed to "Start Story" on the expansion in order to make the Mastery unlocking happen. If the UI explained how to do this, or that it was even necessary, it would be much more useful.

The fact that I was only on the level 50-ish portion of my personal story, and have now discovered (due to being forced to jump ahead) that I will apparently kill two dragons and a god, as well as having some sort of AI (ala Cortana from Halo) embedded in my head at some point... Yeah, thanks for the spoilers, ArenaNet. Super classy.

• Like 1

I just discovered Guild Wars 2 a couple of weeks ago, and I've been playing it for free, until last night. I reached level 80 on my first character a few days ago, but I haven't finished the personal story because I find it too challenging. I need better gear (my gear is typically around level 70, masterwork quality), and I need to develop more personal skill, in order to finish the personal story, I think.

I've liked the game so much so far that yesterday I decided to buy it, thinking that the developers deserve my money, even though I'm far from finishing the free-to-play content. But, as soon as I bought it, this pop-up started appearing, every time I exit combat. Apparently I can make it go away by completing the first chapter of either expansion. But I doubt I'm strong enough to do either of those chapters; I'm so wimpy I can't even finish the personal story! So I expect it will be at least a hundred hours of play before I can make this pop-up go away.

I now regret buying this game. It was more fun free-to-play.

I have an offer for ArenaNet: I will fix this bug, if you let me. I'm a very experienced programmer, and I'm very good at finding and fixing other programmers' bugs. I estimate it would take me about two hours of work to find and fix this bug (a very rough estimate). Just give me an NDA to sign, give me the source code, and I expect I'll be able to give you a patch in less than 24 hours--for free.

• Thanks 1

@"Sts.1459" said:I just discovered Guild Wars 2 a couple of weeks ago, and I've been playing it for free, until last night. I reached level 80 on my first character a few days ago, but I haven't finished the personal story because I find it too challenging. I need better gear (my gear is typically around level 70, masterwork quality), and I need to develop more personal skill, in order to finish the personal story, I think.

I've liked the game so much so far that yesterday I decided to buy it, thinking that the developers deserve my money, even though I'm far from finishing the free-to-play content. But, as soon as I bought it, this pop-up started appearing, every time I exit combat. Apparently I can make it go away by completing the first chapter of either expansion. But I doubt I'm strong enough to do either of those chapters; I'm so wimpy I can't even finish the personal story! So I expect it will be at least a hundred hours of play before I can make this pop-up go away.

I now regret buying this game. It was more fun free-to-play.

I have an offer for ArenaNet: I will fix this bug, if you let me. I'm a very experienced programmer, and I'm very good at finding and fixing other programmers' bugs. I estimate it would take me about two hours of work to find and fix this bug (a very rough estimate). Just give me an NDA to sign, give me the source code, and I expect I'll be able to give you a patch in less than 24 hours--for free.

You can complete the first chapter of The Icebrood Saga to remove the pop-up. I don't believe there's any combat involved.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silence_(story)

Good luck.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that no one looks this Discussion for potential QoL suggestions, but last try.

Make it so if player left-clicks in empty space while having a target in focus, that left-click will not remove the focused target, unless ofcourse that left-click points on another target.Left-Click is used in this game to change camera angle. But also that camera angle change makes you lose target when you unclick the button.

Also, please add hotkey for show\hide helm.

pretty self explanatory. Please, add all available camera controls to hoteys, like vertical/horizontal position, field of view, etc. sometimes I want to change it for various reasons and it's annoying to have to enter the options menu, scroll down and find it, when it could easily be done with a simple hotkey.pleaseeeeee!