Tengu could be a useable races on EOD

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Non. Nope. Nein. Nyet. Never. Nuh-uh.

There are a million and a half reasons why it won't happen, and continuing to beat that dead horse is likely what led us to having that malformed Pegasus skin for the Griffon. The devs used a group of necromancers to reanimate the desecrated corpse of said dead horse and sold it in the gem shop. Please, for the sake of the malformed Pegasus, just stop already with these posts! ( :tongue: )

@theoneparttwo.9561 said:No. Non. Nope. Nein. Nyet. Never. Nuh-uh.

There are a million and a half reasons why it won't happen, and continuing to beat that dead horse is likely what led us to having that malformed Pegasus skin for the Griffon. The devs used a group of necromancers to reanimate the desecrated corpse of said dead horse and sold it in the gem shop. Please, for the sake of the malformed Pegasus, just stop already with these posts! ( :tongue: )

Once upon a time these forums were filled with posts that said there would never be mounts and to stop flogging a dead horse asking for them... I guess you were not around then...

I explain for everyone who want tengu

Anet is a company who need think about cost of production in relation to how much money they can get from it.

here the workload to implement tengu

All dialogues need be recorded with a tengu voiceAll armors in game need be redesigned to fit tengu body shapesAll animations need be customized to fit a tengu bodyA new personal story need be designed with multiply choicesA new home instance need be made for tengus and a new starter zoneThe creation screen need 2 new models for your choice added. A full customize template with various faces and body shapes and hair styles need be built.Dialogue Animation scenes need to be redone to fit tengu u know the kind of u have in ther personal story when talk to an npc.

Here are the wins for anetHappy Bird lover(who probaply buy the xpac with or without tengu)

@JUN YANG.4328 said:i think it will be big chance, Tengu is the next useable races on EOD.

lol no. they always said that its literal too much work for too little merrit. while the chances are greater than zero, they are as likely as me getting smiten by zeus right now.on a sidenote, cant we make a megathread for all those tengu pr posts? its getting kinda annoying.

@Vavume.8065 said:

Once upon a time these forums were filled with posts that said there would never be mounts and to stop flogging a dead horse asking for them... I guess you were not around then...

B..but they did mounts.......

It's always the argument. The difference is that mounts actually change the game, while a new playable race changes next to nothin. It brings nothing to the game that couldn't be implemented without it. But you can find these answers and arguments in the millions of other Tengu threads.

@lokh.2695 said:

That was my point...

@Vavume.8065 said:

That was my point...

So you missed the rest?

@lokh.2695 said:

That was my point...

So you missed the rest?

The rest was just your opinion, not fact.

@lokh.2695 said:

It's always the argument. The difference is that mounts actually change the game, while a new playable race changes next to nothin. It brings nothing to the game that couldn't be implemented without it. But you can find these answers and arguments in the millions of other Tengu threads.

Add to that we had waypoints and dident need mounts, new maps less waypoints just to make mounts needed.

They did implement them in a nice way not just making them speed boosts tho.

@Vavume.8065 said:

I was a pro mount and was sure from day 1 they would do that some day, that said a new race is just not game change enough.

Mounts = new ways to explore/ new content design styles possibilities bcs of mounts/ great gem store value via skin (goldmine) / Convienence lazyness always wins and gives a strong feeling of progress.

that said anet will only add new races if they find a way to make armor fit every body shape easily without any effort and I'm not sure anet has this tech.

but yes welcome to proof me wrong win win

Yeah I really, really don't get why Tengu are so hyped in terms of potential playable race. I just have no clue of why they have such great appeal for so many on the forums. I don't think it's going to happen.

All I want is to be able to visit the Dominion of Winds and the Wizard's Tower someday. Where the devs take the story outside of that... eh, I don't really care.