LAG LAG LAG - Anet please stop ignoring the community on this! - [Merged]

@Zok.4956 said:

@"JohnnyBoy.2314" said:Hopefully GW2 won't get review-bombed to death on Steam. With all the current issues that is very likely.

I hope it does so they fix it. Or if they cannot fix the issue postpone the Steam release until they fix it.

Well, I guess, they heard you. The steam release is postponed.

Makes sense. The state of the game's servers and performance doesn't make it possible for a steam release, otherwise the backlash would be huge. Plus, releasing on steam mid-season would make no sense unless they wanted this 3-part last episode to be the exciting starting point for steam users. Maybe their confidence in their "finale" dropped, combined with the performance issues, and led to the postponement of the steam release. If the performance issues affected only a "few" players and they had high confidence in their 3-part epic finale, they wouldn't give the excuse of "working on the expansion" for the postponement. But it was very much expected.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting to release the game on Steam until around the time of the expansion was a smart call as they can use the hype from it to bolster steam purchases. Perhaps, if we’re lucky, the whole covid thing will be over with, resulting in people using the internet less, and the connections issues for those experiencing them will have subsided.

Posting to add my voice to the unplayable lag. Doing the Tequatl event yesterday had easily half a dozen times where the lag was so bad the game froze completely. Have never seen such bad performance ingame in the eight years I've had a GW2 install.

Also, what's the deal with needing to log in before seeing anything in the forums?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Did the Vabbi bounty today; no issues whatsoever, nor were any expressed in the map.

US or EU? Tag was doing legendary bounty and when some of us got there everyone was dead on the ground. Not because it was hard but it had the spinning lasers and the lag prevented everyone from moving out of the way... It was perhaps 3 to 4 seconds of lag.

@Soraclaws.5976 said:I actually never had experience in the lag that a lot of people have been talking about for awhile until this last week.

I was working through my Skyscale Collection (I had been working on it slowly for the past few weeks without any lag whatsoever), and in Thunderhead Peaks while I was farming Branded Mass, I joined a North Meta run. It was only slight lag initially of maybe half a second or so, but once we got to the finale of the run, we started getting insanely high lag spikes that would lag for almost 10-15 seconds consistently. Others in the squad with me confirmed that they were also experiencing the same lag, so that confirmed it wasn't on my end.

In THP right now and was seeing the exact same sort of lag, not only in the zone putzing around for dragon crystal nodes but saw the exact same 5-10 second spikes when participating in the meta event there.

IDK if Anet permits IP posting here for the instance I was in but I did at least screenshot that info. Only thing I can think of doing that could help troubleshoot but I suspect hundreds if not thousands of people have reported such info over the months of this thread (be it via DMs or whatnot).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Did the Vabbi bounty today; no issues whatsoever, nor were any expressed in the map.

Did the bounty in EU today and while players didn't drop out of the blue and I had no extreme skill lag (where its as if nothing goes off, but I only auto attacked), I had a clear lag delay in the map during and after the fight. Animations were delayed, drop from autoloot coming in was delayed as well. Everyone was only autoattacking the bounty as well which they wouldn't have done if there was no lag and you can attack normally.

@cyraxisragnarok.4603 said:

@Soraclaws.5976 said:I actually never had experience in the lag that a lot of people have been talking about for awhile until this last week.

I was working through my Skyscale Collection (I had been working on it slowly for the past few weeks without any lag whatsoever), and in Thunderhead Peaks while I was farming Branded Mass, I joined a North Meta run. It was only slight lag initially of maybe half a second or so, but once we got to the finale of the run, we started getting insanely high lag spikes that would lag for almost 10-15 seconds consistently. Others in the squad with me confirmed that they were also experiencing the same lag, so that confirmed it wasn't on my end.

In THP right now and was seeing the exact same sort of lag, not only in the zone putzing around for dragon crystal nodes but saw the exact same 5-10 second spikes when participating in the meta event there.

IDK if Anet permits IP posting here for the instance I was in but I did at least screenshot that info. Only thing I can think of doing that could help troubleshoot but I suspect hundreds if not thousands of people have reported such info over the months of this thread (be it via DMs or whatnot).

The Devs have asked that players report in-game (via the Report feature) whenever they experience the issue.