Domain of Istan "Intercept the corpse caravan" Event.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tolsma.5832 said:Meta event still bugged, would be nice to receive any sort of confirmation that this issue is being looked at.

The development team is currently working on gathering information about this issue. You can help them by submitting an in-game bug report while on a map where the even is bugged. We do not have any information on when this issue will be resolved, and we suggest keeping an eye on the Official Guild Wars 2 forums for any updates.~support team

@Patryk.4375 said:

@Tolsma.5832 said:Meta event still bugged, would be nice to receive any sort of confirmation that this issue is being looked at.

The development team is currently working on gathering information about this issue. You can help them by submitting an in-game bug report while on a map where the even is bugged. We do not have any information on when this issue will be resolved, and we suggest keeping an eye on the Official Guild Wars 2 forums for any updates.~support teamOr they could log in and actually take 15 min and experience it themselves. Sometimes I wonder if they play the game they are developing for. I mean I know they do but it feels like they don't.

I am gathering people for EU server to try running this event in controller environment, send me ingame mail if you interested (if my mailbox is full then try again next day or later) - best attempt was keeping caravan alive for like 90-120 seconds, lack of general dps did not help in making event completed - I assume caravan got around 1 million healthpoints. We need ranged snipe DPS that won't do AOE damage like deadeyes, or axe necros which are safest pick but unfortunately low damage, also people who sit in Istan map to find map instances that are closing. Yesterday we tried as 6 ppl (4 people who need achievement and 2 helpers from guilds), there were some flaws in executing strategy and final nail to the coffin was some player from outside squad (the only one on the map) who came to caravan and used AOE skill that hit one of monsters which was low on health. So far time with any chance to succeed seems to be 9-10 PM CET or later (due to factors such as less chance for leftover players on closing instances etc.). This requires more coordination than raids to be done, but is theoretically possible.

@"Dydzio.1320" ....and so mate this is what it all boils down to after the culmination of weeks of graft, truck-load of gold crafting mystic tribute, etc, etc.

" Dedicated Gw2 players fighting against Raid like conditions with no offical announcement or update about a resolution of the bug anytime soon"

Versus

" A Yak "

Seriously what the heck is taking so long to fix this? To bad this didn't happen when we could multi map loot the great hall because then maybe they would fix it faster. I decided to go after aurora while I waited for this to get worked on. Now I just have less than 10 days before I will have aurora before visions.... Frustration is mounting. This should be a priority and be hot fixed immediately.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say we may see an update on or after the 17th... For the sake of my saintly please stop working on new content and fix the bugs like this that block legendary progress. Put the achievement on the vendor already...

Progress report... the event is absolutely 100% impossible to complete. Do not bother trying. After a lot of effort I managed to kill ONLY dolyak from the caravan event. The event still failed, so I just proved this event is 100% impossible to be done without patch.That also means the above message about gathering people for caravan runs gets terminated, I see no reason to run this and help people get this done as it's impossible. You can still send me ingame mail etc. if you wanna talk about the problem.If you are curious about the run itself: party of 3 - 1 power dps rifle deadeye, 1 condi dps dagger/dagger soulbeast, 1 reaper tank full nomad with level 1 greatsword for pulls and being damage sponge (me). Caravan spawned at southern spot at champion's dawn and the run ended around Lakdok Craterlands POI.

@Dydzio.1320 said:Progress report... the event is absolutely 100% impossible to complete. Do not bother trying. After a lot of effort I managed to kill ONLY dolyak from the caravan event. The event still failed, so I just proved this event is 100% impossible to be done without patch.That also means the above message about gathering people for caravan runs gets terminated, I see no reason to run this and help people get this done as it's impossible. You can still send me ingame mail etc. if you wanna talk about the problem.If you are curious about the run itself: party of 3 - 1 power dps rifle deadeye, 1 condi dps dagger/dagger soulbeast, 1 reaper tank full nomad with level 1 greatsword for pulls and being damage sponge (me). Caravan spawned at southern spot at champion's dawn and the run ended around Lakdok Craterlands POI.

Oh mate massive gratz you nailed it, but totally sucks it didn't even register completion of the event. Thanks for all your efforts with this. Not the one we wanted but at least you determined a conclusion.

I guess we're at a dead-end with this, done all we possibly can do.

It's in the hands of Anet now. ???

I was a part of this adventure with Dydzio.1320 , we spent few days to find good team, we were camping to catch closing map and finally get best ocassion to kill this cow. There was tactic, special single target builds, a ton of patience, we even trained dps on golem, i thought we will be heroes and then : failed after caravan's kill XD. Thanks god that this last succesful - not succesful attempt was without me ( i had to go to eat something) because I might cry all night long. :dizzy: Already even earlier attempt was hurtful, becouse we took 85% of caravan's health and someone accidently killed trash mob haha.

Dear arena, do that for us and our lost time, and fix this event faster than later :DThis is our last straight to get vision after long time of doing collection and farming gold.

@"Kleopatrius.1562" yeah I vouch for you as well buddy: You've personally spent hours of your in-game time camping Istan trying to figure out a solution with Dydzio.1320

It really shouldn't be the case that players have to spend countless hours of their limited in-game time camping maps out of desperatation with these bugged issues.

The problem personally I find is the distinct lack of communication when these bugs happen either directly from the Dev Team or via CS as the go between. As much as bugs are frustrating, I fully understand Anet doesn't mean for them to happen, they just happen and think us as players accept that, and they take time to work on a fix. All we're asking for is some simple communication from Anet to say " We're aware of the problems facing players with the Vision collection. We are working on a fix, but unfortunately cannot say when this will happen ". That's all we're asking for, an acknowledgement that something is being done, and we can then wait patiently.

Kudos to everyone trying to create a work around. In 7 days and I will have started and finished aurora since I've been stuck on this bug... So sad. I know it wont happen but they should just give us vision as payment for putting up with this. Funny story I've ran into over 10 people now working on aurora because they cant finish the caravan in Istan. Peoples reactions are a lot more negative than what we see here in this forum.

@Fire Attunement.9835 can we have some sort of update on this? Just its being looked into would suffice. Right now I feel people are starting to lose hope on this. I know I am.

@"Excursion.9752" tell all the frustrated people to go to istan and use /bug command, if they did not. This is what support wrote to me - "We suggest encouraging other players to submit reports for this even as well, as this will help the development team gauge how many players are being impacted by this bug"

@Dydzio.1320 said:@"Excursion.9752" tell all the frustrated people to go to istan and use /bug command, if they did not. This is what support wrote to me - "We suggest encouraging other players to submit reports for this even as well, as this will help the development team gauge how many players are being impacted by this bug"While I can start doing this. I am not sure why the amount of people matters. The fact of the matter is it makes a legendary collection impossible. So in my eyes it does not matter if it is 1 or 1 million it needs to be fixed. That response from support seems like a canned/automated response they give to everyone that has a problem. Not meaning to sound aggressive just like you said frustrated at this.

With them announcing the legendary armory coming at some point you would think it would be a pretty significant item. If it comes down to money what I've spent alone on this game would more than cover the development time to fix this bug. There is no excuse for this not to be fixed. But here we are and everyday there are more people figuring out that obtaining vision is impossible.

@Fire Attunement.9835 Arenanet, this is absolutely ridiculous. I've played GW1 and GW2 for years and am extremely disheartened by this complete lack of attention and oversight. You have several forum threads devoted to this problem and countless in-game bug reports that thoroughly detail the problem. Fixing this or providing an alternative takes minimal effort. You have allowed us to spend weeks in the dark without any effort to let us know that this problem has even been acknowledged. Without any idea how long this will take to get your attention, would you like us to instead start posting bad reviews, dissuading Steam users, contacting legislators/media, etc? I'm baffled.

Wow guys, amazing job trying to work around this bug, unfortunately it didn't worked. I got the caravan spawned once and it was my with another guy, and we didn't knew about not killing the ads and the caravan despawned after 1:30-2:00 min. I'm not that far into all the other gifts and materials but this is the last achievement for Vision I and it's frustrating that we can't do it. I think I should move to the funerary incense and hope that this get fixed soon.

Anyway you guys are cool!!