World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@"Diku.2546"

"the context on How World Restructuring fits into the bigger scheme for the WvW game mode?"

I'm confused my good friend... The devs already gave information "on How World Restructuring fits into the bigger scheme for the WvW game mode"... You even quoted the WR threads into the library... Take a look... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73411/guild-wars-2-forum-the-library-wvw

@Swagger.1459 said:@"Diku.2546"

"the context on How World Restructuring fits into the bigger scheme for the WvW game mode?"

I'm confused my good friend... The devs already gave information "on How World Restructuring fits into the bigger scheme for the WvW game mode"... You even quoted the WR threads into the library... Take a look... https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73411/guild-wars-2-forum-the-library-wvw

Setting out on an ocean ship voyage or airplane flight without a clear destination & a planned route to take...is not a good idea.

The post you refer to is a library of posts that chronicle WvW discussions that do not in of itself present a detailed Road Map.

A decent Road Map needs to provide a vision on where this game mode is headed to in the future while detailing the steps on how we're expected to get there from where we are...imho

Example Road Map:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

CHAPTER 1 - REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvWCHAPTER 2 - REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy CompetitionCHAPTER 3 - NEW GAME MODE & VISION - Establish a better Road Map & Vision with World vs GlobesCHAPTER 4 - WvG MATCH-UP - Globe Raiding of Green & Blue - Weekly Picked by PlayersCHAPTER 5 - EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant VendorsCHAPTER 6 - WvG TOURNAMENTS - Using New Match-Up Mechanics based on a Globe Raiding Model

The End goal of this Example Road Map is to host an annual eSport SuperBowl event with corporate sponsors that's designed to be an END GAME Content to PvE in CHAPTER 6.

World Restructuring, however, is the equivalent of only being CHAPTER 2 in relation to the above Example Road Map that tries to solve the Match-Up problems of WvW caused by population imbalance & over stacking.

I'll ask ask again...can we have the other chapters of a complete Road Map & not just CHAPTER 2?

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

i think if they just had the dev team focus on alliances for X amount of time and delay living world release, it would have been much better for Anet. Like who is actually going to write positive review on steam after all this? or is this the way they want to get rid off the competetive players?

at this point im not sure. I just hope this amazing mode would get dedicated team and support. This mode really could have been huge if given time and love.

after all, we still play it

Actually I think the core idea is not that bad. But the classic server still should stay. I have played on Underworld (EU) since release. Though I didn't play from end 2013 until June 2019 ... I never changed the servers. Even when I came back 2019.

The alliances > guilds > players thing is interesting. But maybe players could join an alliance without being in a guild (just for some char/organization but with no guild power/rights).

Or as alternative: Players that don't like to play in a WvW guild could just stay on their server. Then make the "new worlds" as a combinatoin of "world" (players not in a alliance and/or wvw guild), alliances and guilds. So ... less organized players could form some kind of "core population" by staying linked to their previous world/server. While organized players in alliances/guilds get distributed towards all those core populations to try even it out making about the same population happen at the end everywhere.

@"Luthan.5236" said:Actually I think the core idea is not that bad. But the classic server still should stay. I have played on Underworld (EU) since release. Though I didn't play from end 2013 until June 2019 ... I never changed the servers. Even when I came back 2019.

The alliances > guilds > players thing is interesting. But maybe players could join an alliance without being in a guild (just for some char/organization but with no guild power/rights).

Or as alternative: Players that don't like to play in a WvW guild could just stay on their server. Then make the "new worlds" as a combinatoin of "world" (players not in a alliance and/or wvw guild), alliances and guilds. So ... less organized players could form some kind of "core population" by staying linked to their previous world/server. While organized players in alliances/guilds get distributed towards all those core populations to try even it out making about the same population happen at the end everywhere.

Maybe vanilla Alliances with the same name of the actual servers?

But who would be the one in charge of it?

And Alliances When.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:well, cantha will bring at least some new content in form of broken new elite specs that totally destroy everything till they'll get hard nerfs. will be a fun 1-2 year(s) ;P

also, when alliances? :>

They can't break WvW more than Firebrand + Scourge did, unless they essentially just make Firebrand 2.0 + Scourge 2.0 on different classes.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:well, cantha will bring at least some new content in form of broken new elite specs that totally destroy everything till they'll get hard nerfs. will be a fun 1-2 year(s) ;P

also, when alliances? :>

They can't break WvW more than Firebrand + Scourge did, unless they essentially just make Firebrand 2.0 + Scourge 2.0 on different classes.

Portable cannon, and you know it.

I still believe that this was all originated from a plan for an expansion which was later dumped after management changed, which was later restarted after another directional change from whatever source. If you have ever worked in project management you know well the dread of scope creep.

That said, wonder if we couldn't use this space to still brainstorm.

To those that have been in WvW style games that used alliance based systems, what tools did and didn't work for you in managing the alliance itself? I think we have a broad view of alliances in general but I don't feel we left the conversion a couple of years ago with clear pictures on how multiple guilds would manage their group of individual guilds and how the management of the alliance would work. In particular in forming and dissolving portions of an alliance. We know ANet was planning on auto-filling them to a degree for non-alliance people and guilds, but what about conflict resolution?

So since it would fill both the role of keeping the question of 'when and what' alive, what is the forum goers picturing and what helped or hindered in the past and what do you see as role of the alliance and how does it management features look like to you?

@TheGrimm.5624 said:I still believe that this was all originated from a plan for an expansion which was later dumped after management changed, which was later restarted after another directional change from whatever source. If you have ever worked in project management you know well the dread of scope creep.

That said, wonder if we couldn't use this space to still brainstorm.

To those that have been in WvW style games that used alliance based systems, what tools did and didn't work for you in managing the alliance itself? I think we have a broad view of alliances in general but I don't feel we left the conversion a couple of years ago with clear pictures on how multiple guilds would manage their group of individual guilds and how the management of the alliance would work. In particular in forming and dissolving portions of an alliance. We know ANet was planning on auto-filling them to a degree for non-alliance people and guilds, but what about conflict resolution?

So since it would fill both the role of keeping the question of 'when and what' alive, what is the forum goers picturing and what helped or hindered in the past and what do you see as role of the alliance and how does it management features look like to you?

I think I would be more open to brainstorming if the devs say anything. They're absence for so long on this topic does not motivate me to start throwing ideas out for no one but other players to hear. That said, your optimism is a little inspiring. I almost wanted to join in. I hope other players are in a better place with this than me.

allijances wh3en?

btw did anyone realise how the NPCs in the new episode talk about "alliances" ahaha. i felt honestly a bit pranked. hope's still up that they plan something for the release of End of Dragons DLC. not a big hope tho.

also see guys, i'd totally be willing to work out this for Anet if i'd work for them, but creating waterproof concepts without getting paid is something pretty questionable. you'd also always need ppl that u can contact to ask "can this work alike", which we here do not have. best communication u may get is a warning for offtopics thaha.