Do you enjoy the current meta?

Tycura.1982

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No cause my favorite class to play Berserker has been benched for 3 years, and the metas has been revolving around running around and not fighting for far too long. There has been always some bullshit that stopped other builds from existing just by its presence, some dumb brainded bunker build or node camper that can't be touched cause it has pulsing AoE around itself, some teleport freak build that can't be escaped from but it can always escape, or some dumb ass build that just spams damage whatever it does .I've been enjoying Reaper and Druid these days since they don't blow up out of existence when someone stares into them too hard like before February, but they kinda work only in the chaotic environment of solo ranked Queue and not much in the controlled ATs. The meta has become way too stale and I can't make a build that can break up the OP classes that are both in the ranked queue and AT meta.

This meta gives me the feeling of broken

Renegade too much spam burst and sustain it's like hardly anything can counter it

Healbreaker creates too many weird situations there's too much support going around when especially when you have a tempest or sand shield nec on the same team and the banner stomp feels incredibly cheap

This wouldn't be so bad but it's almost the same type of team set up in every ranked match

Feels like "skill" is only relevant for the upper 10% (or 5%).90% of lower PvP is just builds that can be good with the least effort possible and it honestly makes me want to quit.Why even try to improve when i can just switch to some braindead build (where i can't get punished for mistakes or win with mindlessly pressing my abilities) and still be fine till low plat+ ?

i play mes and while it's not great, it could be worse.

biggest three problems are prob:

• holo is broken at the high end (too much value)
  • guard is broken at the low end (too much value for low effort)
  • thief (but that's tradition at this point)

kalla ren is obviously OP for team vs team but it is slow and doesn't shred through the weaker players on the team as quickly so it isn't as big of a problem for soloq.

in general i prefer this over the pre-february patch though.

enjoi - yes. I mean I don't worry if some class stronger or not.play as meta ? no, I take my build, my skills buttons, and weapons and play as I want. We have mmr rate system, and it give me and others play whit same opponent, and if my biuld stronger or lower anyway I get SAME value opponent after some loses or wins.

Let imagine what necro scourge is VERY VERY op. 1 > 2. So after some wins they all will be in top, and play vs others necro scourges or very very skilled players wiht another class. So they not disrupt me after rating change. What I lose? +1 pips on plat. And+2 pips on 250 look more harder to achiv, but ok, it is not good, but this is not killing game. Let them get more pips per match. This is not big issue.

No. Without building upon what they did in February the meta is too narrow. Also, as an 8 year Mesmer main I've basically been forced back into what I was playing in 2013 (core hybrid mesmer) in regard to WvW solo roaming. Its a fun build, but I put thousands of hours into it 7 years ago and I miss power mirage.

@"UNOwen.7132" said:Its a post-megapatch meta, so obviously no. Diversity is still down, with 2 classes straight up not viable, and all but 2 classes only having 1 real build to choose from, as opposed to the diversity we had pre-megapatch. Damage is still far too low, meaning glass cannons are still unkillable in 1v1s, and sidenoders basically fight each other with pool noodles while waiting for a +1. PvP has become the least skilled it has ever been.

But I also dont have high hopes for the future. What they need to do is increase damage by 20-30%, across the board. But theyre not going to, instead theyre going to try to nerf healing skills and damage from the classes that "do too much damage", and the game will continue to get worse and worse. At this point they should just revert the megapatch and everything since then, go back to the drawing board and figure out everything that went wrong, and try it again, with less of a damage reduction.

Balance was mostly fine back then, except outliers using invuln while casting, being able to attack from stealth then enter stealth before opponent finishes dodge animation, mesmer needed evade on a skill looked at, not losing a dodgeroll.Condi bunker was stronger than glass before the megapatch, almost no one chose to play a slow boring build.Bad players still complain 5 people kill them in 1 second, coordination OP, life OP....Anet threw the baby out with the bath water.

@Jables.4659 said:No. Without building upon what they did in February the meta is too narrow. Also, as an 8 year Mesmer main I've basically been forced back into what I was playing in 2013 (core hybrid mesmer) in regard to WvW solo roaming. Its a fun build, but I put thousands of hours into it 7 years ago and I miss power mirage.

Can I see that build, I always tried to play hybrid mesmer in WvW! Help a fellow mesmer plz :)

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:This meta is terrible.

Let me sum up what happened here:

• Usually, a build is only good at being one of these at a time: Team Fighter or Team Support or +1 Roam or Side Node Monkey.
  • In this meta patching now, for some reason Arenanet took the Team Support role, and started buffing all the classes that were Team Supports, so they could also be Team Fighters that were also somehow dominant Side Node Monkeys, that were for whatever reasons allowed to have nearly the mobility of a +1 Roam, while still being a stapled powerful Team Support.
  • Then everything else was left normal, where it could only perform 1 job role.

The meta is more fun when it revolves more around high risk high reward game play, where any class can beat any class if they outplay. A meta consisting of these historical builds, considering they were patched right with a decent intra-class balance, would be the most fun:

• Core Guardian Burst or maybe even Power DH - No FB supports
  • Strength Spellbreaker or even CC DPS train Berserkers
  • Power Shiro only - No Ren supports
  • LB/GS Power Ranger/Soulbeast, Berserker variants - No Druids
  • DP SD Thieves/Daredevils, maybe even Rifle DE - No Condi Thieves. It always funks up the game play.
  • Power based Holo builds, after a bit of sustain was cut off. Power based Scrapper wouldn't be bad to employ
  • Power Mes/Chrono/Mirages - No Condi
  • Fresh Air Eles or traditional 1v1 Fire Weavers - No Tempest Supports
  • And then Necro would have to be somewhat tanky because that's just what the class is

In an environment like this ^ with no supports and no rando condi aoe no-animation rando damage, the game would feel great to play. I like diversity and I like power/condi play alike. But historically speaking, the biggest problems we continue to have with GW2 in terms of balance & the feel of the game, are all related to condi spam builds and when builds have too much sustain.

You realise that in your ideal pvp meta, more than half of the classes are deleted yes? Not everyone enjoys playing 1-shot power builds. You seem to have an incredible bias towards supports and condi builds. You are free to like what you want, but Imho 'power only' meta is extremely unhealthy and very boring, Cheers.

this meta has been nothing but Spam. Aoe Spam, Boon Spam, Dmg Spam(holo era), CC Spam and literally having no real skill cap anymore ruined this entire year for spvp.

Anyone who really thinks this "meta" is Good should take some time to reflect and review some of the other patches we had+meta. At least before feb patch we had every class being played to a high level. Warrior,Mesmer,Ranger,Ele,Holo,Fb,Rev and even freaking necros. I think thiefs might of been the only class at that time frame where they weren't really needed.

now though? Not the same anymore in terms of skill or enjoyment.

I guess the answer would be not, no matter what meta is. You know, this is just forums.

But the amount of unfun builds to play against this meta is just insane, after Team USA used it, trap DHs have swarmed ranked games, we have more and more decap builds and trapper rune builds. Supports are a bit overtunned.

I think this is the worst meta since fb/scourge. Which we may see again but this time with warrior replacing guardian

The current meta invites cheese play, I have seen a huge rise in players picking classes that can Daze you for a solid 8s at a time while pushing out high damage 8,000-10,000 per strike. You then have the pony reaper quickness Lich (please dont defend this skill, its tiring reading 'but its balanced, just dodge 4 head') There are too many classes that have an insane time to kill while remaining quite sustainable.

The current meta has allowed some classes to be handicapped with no downsides, being able to shut down nodes with AOE spam, or by being impervious to melee players by setting 1 shot traps down. These are unfun mechanics that really need to go within PvP, there are far more of these issues than what I have listed, but they are just not fun to play against, ruining all enjoyment from the fights.

I'm pretty sure this poll is a good indication of what the players want. So... Balance patch? A real one this time and not a 3 skills numbers changed 'balance patch'

It blows chunks.Can't punish good thieves properly anymore, along with other high mobility bullshit. Every class but some chosen few got their damage cut down and there is a bunch of braindead bunkers wannabies around yet again (which won't save them from good players anyway). Didn't enjoy constant CC spam eitherI don't even feel like playing this game while waiting for another MMO to come out. Silver lining would be that I finally got myself to learn Blender so in the end I guess I love this new meta. Thank you very much xD

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:It blows chunks.Can't punish good thieves properly anymore, along with other high mobility kitten. Every class but some chosen few got their damage cut down and there is a bunch of braindead bunkers wannabies around yet again (which won't save them from good players anyway). Didn't enjoy constant CC spam eitherI don't even feel like playing this game while waiting for another MMO to come out. Silver lining would be that I finally got myself to learn Blender so in the end I guess I love this new meta. Thank you very much xD

Lol we're in the same boat, teaching myself : Blender-Inkscape-GIMP2.10.22...at least we know this is time better spent so no loss here

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

• Usually, a build is only good at being one of these at a time: Team Fighter or Team Support or +1 Roam or Side Node Monkey.
  • In this meta patching now, for some reason Arenanet took the Team Support role, and started buffing all the classes that were Team Supports, so they could also be Team Fighters that were also somehow dominant Side Node Monkeys, that were for whatever reasons allowed to have nearly the mobility of a +1 Roam, while still being a stapled powerful Team Support.

The meta is more fun when it revolves more around high risk high reward game play, where any class can beat any class if they outplay. A meta consisting of these historical builds, considering they were patched right with a decent intra-class balance, would be the most fun:
  • DP SD Thieves/Daredevils, maybe even Rifle DE - No Condi Thieves. It always funks up the game play.
  • Power based Holo builds, after a bit of sustain was cut off. Power based Scrapper wouldn't be bad to employ
  • And then Necro would have to be somewhat tanky because that's just what the class is

In an environment like this ^ with no supports and no rando condi aoe no-animation rando damage, the game would feel great to play. I like diversity and I like power/condi play alike. But
historically speaking, the biggest problems we continue to have with GW2 in terms of balance & the feel of the game, are all related to condi spam builds and when builds have too much sustain.

You realise that in your ideal pvp meta, more than half of the classes are deleted yes? Not everyone enjoys playing 1-shot power builds. You seem to have an incredible bias towards supports and condi builds. You are free to like what you want, but Imho 'power only' meta is extremely unhealthy and very boring, Cheers.

Condi and bunker are infinitely less fun than power.

@Renzo.8361 said:

In an environment like this ^ with no supports and no rando condi aoe no-animation rando damage, the game would feel great to play. I like diversity and I like power/condi play alike. But
historically speaking, the biggest problems we continue to have with GW2 in terms of balance & the feel of the game, are all related to condi spam builds and when builds have too much sustain.

Condi and bunker are infinitely less fun than power.

That's just your personal opinion. Not a universal truth. Duh.