Impossible to do Edge of the Mists achievements?

Ashantara.8731

(sighs) How can anyone these days do the achievements at the EotM, unless they are a full WvW squad?

Our community tried once or twice to organize it, but the other guilds - which were informed and had promised to leave us alone - kept farming us all the time. Sure, had we been an all-WvW-players squad, we wouldn't have had an issue. But it's a PvE community. ;)

Is there any way to get those achievements for PvE players? (I would organize this for WvW players, but there aren't enough of the same server in said community to make this happen.)

@Ashantara.8731 said:(sighs) How can anyone these days do the achievements at the EotM, unless they are a full WvW squad?

Our community tried once or twice to organize it, but the other guilds - which were informed and had promised to leave us alone - kept farming us all the time. Sure, had we been an all-WvW-players squad, we wouldn't have had an issue. But it's a PvE community. ;)

Is there any way to get those achievements for PvE players? (I would organize this for WvW players, but there aren't enough of the same server in said community to make this happen.)

Edge of the mist are all red vs all green vs all blue.

So server dont matter at all there and that you informed the red and blue you fought at that time dident help.Since blue, green or red from other servers prob poped in and killed you.

I usualy try to get 4-5 ppl and run around caping objectives in there from time to time.

@Linken.6345 said:Edge of the mist are all red vs all green vs all blue.

Yes, but it's still not enough to form a big enough squad of WvW players.

and that you informed the red and blue you fought at that time dident help.

Our community leaders had talked to the guilds there days before, so it was all set. They just didn't stand by their word.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The map has always been fairly dead when I looked at it so a party of players should be enough to capture everything.

Nope, it's filled with enemy players on EU. We swapped instances, but they followed us and kept killing the PvE players who know nothing about WvW tactics, equipment and fight mechanics.

@Linken.6345 said:its not gandara vs desolation vs piken square in edge of the mist its all the servers that are the same colour against eachother.

Yes, I got that. Still not getting enough ppl together to do this.

You dont need a big zerg 4-5 players is enough.

No, you need a big zerg, because each of their squads had 20-30 players.

And how did you swap instances since edge of the mist is 1 map only.

Since, as I explained earlier, there were tons of enemies, hence many players, the map was full quickly and new instances were created. Might be different between EU and US.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The map has always been fairly dead when I looked at it so a party of players should be enough to capture everything.

Nope, it's filled with enemy players on EU. We swapped instances, but they followed us and kept killing the PvE players who know nothing about WvW tactics, equipment and fight mechanics.

I can't think of why they would be there but I guess this is a difference between regions.

Maybe telling all the guilds did worse for your endeavour. You kinda announced; free bags here.Anyway, it's a pvp mode so it makes sense that you have to do pvp for the achievements. They would be pretty lame achievements otherwise.But I would make a deal. You get all the achievs in EOTM without pvp and I can attack people in pve modes. That seems fair.

@Linken.6345 said:Next time maybe not warn the other servers that there will be free lootbags in edge of the mist?

:lol: Yes, that might actually do the trick. Will forward the advice to the people in charge. ;)

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I can't think of why they would be there but I guess this is a difference between regions.

It was a community organized endeavor - and it's a PvE community.

How do they always have 30 and you can't take anything when colors are based off what color you are in wvw which changes. Join every time eotm resets and try. Sometimes you will have bigger zerg and bonus if you got 4 or 5 with you. It sounds more like you want some uninterrupted karma train and that's hard unless all side have similar numbers and focus on objectives instead of kills. It will take way more time then reg wvw but of course these achieve mean nothing to most unless you fighting for top ap total then you had these long ago

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Next time maybe not warn the other servers that there will be free lootbags in edge of the mist?

:lol: Yes, that
might
actually do the trick. Will forward the advice to the people in charge. ;)

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I can't think of why they would be there but I guess this is a difference between regions.

It was a community organized endeavor - and it's a PvE community.

I was referring to there being enough players on the other sides to disrupt your community’s event.

@Ashantara.8731 said:(sighs) How can anyone these days do the achievements at the EotM, unless they are a full WvW squad?

Hey Buddy, we really feel for you and your PvE plights, comming in to try to do an achievement or two in our game mode that has not seen any major content update since 2014. We are sorry that we could not be better hosts.

:3

Easy.

Just stop giving them bags. WP out if you know they're coming, and if you wipe, go do something else for a while and they'll get bored and leave. Or split up so they can't kill that many of you. You should all run Shadow Arts Deadeyes. Remember, being killed isn't a choice, but getting farmed is. If you choose to make yourselves easy to farm, then of course people will come kill you 24/7, because why not?

Other than that, you'd have to actually, God Forbid, learn to WvW. Although to be fair, many actual WvWers also let themselves get farmed (eg, get spawn camped when there's 3 other maps and multiple entrances)

Actually do NOT inform other guilds that you are going there.To them, the wvw squads that kept killing you, you were nothing more than an easy bag farm.

You were simply telling them "hey PvE players: Free bags"

Unfortunately that's how it is. Don't let them know, just go.(or have a squad wvw players back you up)

@"Tuna Bandit.3786" said:Actually do NOT inform other guilds that you are going there.To them, the wvw squads that kept killing you, you were nothing more than an easy bag farm.

You were simply telling them "hey PvE players: Free bags"

Unfortunately that's how it is. Don't let them know, just go.(or have a squad wvw players back you up)

This. If that still doesn't work, you should try again at a different time.

There are entire guilds that will farm you once they learn that your attempting a "Ktrain" in Edge of the Mist. And they will send their best battle lords to rip your group to shreds. Edge of the Mist was full of Ktrains early on, those Ktrains turned into complete battles unique all to themselves due to the unique terrain, and unique mechanics. Then the Legendary Backpiece came out, and EotM emptied out to refill the body's in regular WvW. But after that. Edge of the Mist turned into a ghost town as people got burned out with regular grind WvW for the backpiece. Once they got the backpiece....they never went back. After that battle became a "hassle", and the "grind" kinda destroyed the fun.