Speculations on End of Dragons

angelica.7406

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:I could see someone having taken one of the “purified” blighting tree seeds to cantha in the time between GW1 and 2, even unknowingly. Just feels like a shame we’ve never found Malyck’s grove or any other purified blighting trees.

If Ronan was able to point them in the direction of the cave? Sure. But wardens and juggernauts predate GW1 by about a thousand years.

Yeah, I don't think it makes as much sense to connect the Echovald and wardens/juggernauts to Mordy, but I could see some Canthan/Echovaldian(?) explorer thinking to bring this special seed back with them to plant in their magical forest. I suppose Echovald could potentially be remnant of a previous dragonrise, but I also don't want to bend over backwards to make everything connected. I'm half-sure the jade wind will be retconned as elder dragon corruption somehow, anyway.

I'll just be bummed if we never find other Sylvari colonies elsewhere in the world, and Echovald is the only imminent obvious choice for a race of plant people.

@radda.8920 said:i hope the wardens are not related to mordremothI'm really fed up with everything ending up being related to dragons. And that all the lore of gw1 be soiled by these uninteresting dragons ...no if I go to cantha I do not want the ancient monsters of this territory to be linked to them but to have their own independent story ..

I don't mind the occasional retcon to make gw1 and gw2 feel more connected, but there is definitely a limit. It seems likely the saltspray dragons will have some connection to elder dragons (perhaps as scions of the dsd, or at least high dragons capable of elder dragon ascension), and I wouldn't be surprised if the jade wind was revealed to dragon-related.

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:I could see someone having taken one of the “purified” blighting tree seeds to cantha in the time between GW1 and 2, even unknowingly. Just feels like a shame we’ve never found Malyck’s grove or any other purified blighting trees.

If Ronan was able to point them in the direction of the cave? Sure. But wardens and juggernauts predate GW1 by about a thousand years.

Yeah, I don't think it makes as much sense to connect the Echovald and wardens/juggernauts to Mordy, but I could see some Canthan/Echovaldian(?) explorer thinking to bring this special seed back with them to plant in their magical forest. I suppose Echovald could potentially be remnant of a previous dragonrise, but I also don't want to bend over backwards to make
everything
connected. I'm half-sure the jade wind will be retconned as elder dragon corruption somehow, anyway.

I'll just be bummed if we never find other Sylvari colonies elsewhere in the world, and Echovald is the only imminent obvious choice for a race of plant people.

@radda.8920 said:i hope the wardens are not related to mordremothI'm really fed up with everything ending up being related to dragons. And that all the lore of gw1 be soiled by these uninteresting dragons ...no if I go to cantha I do not want the ancient monsters of this territory to be linked to them but to have their own independent story ..

I don't mind the occasional retcon to make gw1 and gw2 feel more connected, but there is definitely a limit. It seems likely the saltspray dragons will have some connection to elder dragons (perhaps as scions of the dsd, or at least high dragons capable of elder dragon ascension), and
I wouldn't be surprised if the jade wind was revealed to dragon-related.

boring...the explanation with dwayna's magic was more than enough ... I don't even see how shiro could control dragons corrupted by dragonite magic, it doesn't make sense