Next LS where? (Possible Spoilers) - [Merged]

Ogwom.7940

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Kalythsu.8350 said:That_Shaman revealed that there would be at least one other map (and I think this map will be divided into 4, one quarter for each chapter)

I can't find where he said that, but I could see it. I could see a 4 part map that's bigger than any map before (at least twice as big as drizzlewood since it's the same concept doubled), but if the plot loops in Primordus, I could see 2 more maps, one somewhere random to deal with destroyers and another one in the Far Shiverpeaks to deal with Jormag, the Norn, Charr, and everything else this saga is supposed to be about

Judging by the teaser of the next episode and the teaser of future releases after, it looks like we'll be getting instanced invasion events in core Tyria and a few in living story maps like Thunderhead Peaks.

I don't recall Shaman saying there would be another map, but that might have been awhile back before the plans for this saga obviously changed.

Yeah, I have to wonder if this was always the plan or not. The fact that the portal tome had 8 slots for 8 episodes (and at the time it didn’t have an EOTN slot, that makes 9) makes me feel like there was obviously SUPPOSED to be new places in every episode. Where would a portal scroll for this upcoming release take us? I’m sad but if they sacrificed these releases for a better expansion I guess I can live with it, though it’s not okay for all living world in the future to go like this

No, I definitely believe that. The second they announced the expansion despite numerous comments about how there wasn't one in the works I figured it would get hectic. Then they confirmed 2021 and I don't think there's any question they've had to shift things around. Not to mention some of the other things they've mentioned like the Legendary Armory, the lack of balance patches, the shorter and shorter story releases, the fractal in place of a living story release.

I'm not sure what they had planned for the Saga but I have a feeling they were going to dive a bit more into Norn lore and the spirits. Now it seems they've been concluded and we're heading straight into Primordus.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Champions arc has great potential to tell a good story. Going to old maps for some instanced content will feel a bit reminiscent of the personal story and LWS1, and I don't think that's a bad thing. A reason to go back to an old map for new stories is fine by me. I just hope the length/quality of the story bits doesn't feel rushed or cut short. Hard to predict how it'll feel until we can play it, but I have faith they can have some good story content even if I've some trepidation to boot.

Edit: As of now, I imagine we'll get a new map for the finale. Maybe split between Ch. 7 and 8, or saved for the final chapter entirely. I suppose it's not impossible to do a big climactic battle in an instance of an older map, but it would be preferable to have a new, permanently explorable map, even if it's on the small side.