Mystic coin conspiracy

Yesterday some annoying player announced he got 2 Chak infusion buy orders filled. Im like eff this guy bragging about 20k gold in map chat so I blocked him. Then I looked at the chak buy orders and so many were gone and as low as 6000 for condi and 7200 for power and I was like wtf is going on. Then the reddit thread explains it. One guy dumped like 40 chak infusions even filling lower 1-3k gold orders so a ton got chak infusions yesterday and a few at bargain prices.Oh the MC thing supposedly it's that same guy w the 200k buy order up

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Danikat.8537 said:

@waxx.3619 said:Here I am with my 1k gold feeling rich....until you realize how much gold some players really have....

A lot of what they have isn't gold, it's items. Which is actually true for any player.

I have about 41g right now, but according to GW2 Efficiency I have just over 1,500g in 'liquid gold' - stuff I could sell, the vast majority is materials in storage. I guess for very rich players the majority will be infusions and other very expensive items, but it's still the same idea.

If you measured it that way you'd have a lot more than the gold in your wallet, it's just harder to keep track of unless you use a site like GW2 Efficiency to do it automatically.

That can be a bit sketchy as well. One of my characters is listed as having 390g liquid gold but if I check the character's bags there is less than 80g of stuff.

300'000 MC's isn't as much as it sounds ;)How many people play GW2 currently active? Lets say 600'000 (NA+EU)each of them get 20 a month so it's a 1/40 of the monthly MC production ;)Every day more than 300'000 are produced by simply login into the game ;)

If they have enough space to store them :)

@aspirine.6852 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:A lot of people do match the current price rather than going above it.

According to
earlier today there were buy orders above that price, and before that the price for both sell and buy orders was lower. Also I've been watching the price and volume of buy orders while writing this post and the number of buy orders at 1.8g is dropping steadily, so they are selling. To me it looks like 1.8g is about the limit of what most buyers are willing to pay, at least for now. The price has previously been lower than that and has never been much higher so it's reasonable to expect it will drop again and all the buy orders at 1.8g will be met sooner or later. Why pay more than you need to, unless you really need it right now (and if you need it right now why not use the buy instantly option?)

But also lets flip the question on it's head: Why would 1 person devote all the gold it's possible to have on 3 accounts to placing buy orders on Mystic Coins at the current market rate? What does that gain them apart from a lot of Mystic Coins?

Who says it is all their gold? And it gives them access to most of the games mystic coins, does that sound good?

It doesn't matter how it sounds to you. Anyone that thinks they can corner the market on a material Anet simply gives away is foolish to begin with.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:So they're buying up mystic coins at a time when they're almost the most expensive they've ever been, in the hope that they'll be even more expensive in future? It sounds like a very risky strategy to me, but I'm hardly an expect on playing the TP. But even so it's not something which requires a conspiracy of some sort, and it's not against the rules. It's just lots of people speculating on the same item at the same time.

If that is the case then I'm even more sure the price will go back down, once the people willing and able to do so have bought their stock to hoard until they can sell them on.Dunno, right now the order is the current supply times 10..

I don’t think the current supply (~49k) in the trading post has much effect. Most of them are far above the highest price a Mystic Coin has ever sold and will probably never sell. What is important is the incoming supply that sells in one day. The large buy order has already dropped down to 280k+ from the 300k+. That means a minimum of 20k has arrived on the trading post and quickly sold since the big buy order was listed about a day ago, (actually more because the ones that sold for more than 1.8 on both buy orders and sell orders don’t show on the snapshot I’m looking at). Assuming that this a usual number of MCs, once that buy order is filled then 20k+ will still be flowing in each day and the prices will reflect that.

This problem exists because back near the start of the game, many items like Mystic Coins, Silk Scrap, Thick/Hardened Leather Section, Quartz Crystal were all worthless and players pretty much vendored them. This meant that you could sell thousands of MCs to an NPC every month, but some people instead made alot of alts or secondary accounts and then stacked these worthless items on them.

To put this into perspective the original Sell price for MCs was around 1 silver, so 250 of them was only 2.5g.

As a result, ever since the value of materials has been improved over time (especially MCs and T5/T6 leather), some players are sitting on literally millions of gold with having done nothing, not even TP flipping, just from hoarding by instinct.

The current number of ways to obtain MCs is balanced by the fact that the devs can see the numbers of these materials siting in player's banks, etc. I once even saw an entire guild bank full of MCs (literally tens of thousands of them), because of how easy it was to level a guild bank on the old guild system. Its the same for leather, and why we have little sources of it beyond the Lake Doric farm.

And that's just the ones I remember, there's probably alot more.

These players did nothing wrong, and there's not alot the devs can do about it except encourage these players to sell their stashes back into circulation. The players obtained them fair and square, even in the cases where it was just by sheer luck.

Even if this player bought 300k coins it wouldn't even put a dent in the actual supply and demand.

@"Swagger.1459" said:"What does that gain them apart from a lot of Mystic Coins?"It gains them a lot of extra loot when legendary account gear goes live. There are very limited sources of mystic coins, yet a lot of uses for those mystic coins.As for my vision it looks like fake? At first not not needed for each leg. It needed ONLY for leg weapons from T2 tiers ONLY

"The Mystic Clovers needed for first generation legendary weapons and legendary backpacks require approximately 231 Mystic Coins to craft.no. It is require approximately 0 Mystic Coins to craft.

Second generation weapons and legendary trinkets require approximately 481.only 250. Also keep eye that the T2 leg is Account bound, so Do some magic business it not have way. Make for myself only mode and any speculation is blocked by realization.

The Mystic Clovers needed for a set of legendary armor requires approximately 273 Mystic Coins to craft."also it a little bit FAKE. It not need any MCoins to craft. Have many legendary sets and no one require MCoins

All that notes exist on in point of view if person try forge Mystic Clovers from Mystic Coins. It is very strange idea.

From what was being said on twitch last night, this player could have easily pushed the price up to 2.5g and held it there for months, technically they didnt do anything wrong, aslong as the gold on their account was legit and earned ingame, they are free to do what they want with it, but it should highlight finally that just a handful of players can completely dominate this game market as and when they choose too, and nothing will change that.

If indeed this player is doing this to spite a few other barons, then id watch for when that 280k coins its dumped back into the market, as the player in question could also make MC's worthless.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:"What does that gain them apart from a lot of Mystic Coins?"It gains them a lot of extra loot when legendary account gear goes live. There are very limited sources of mystic coins, yet a lot of uses for those mystic coins.As for my vision it looks like fake? At first not not needed for each leg. It needed ONLY for leg weapons from T2 tiers ONLY

"The Mystic Clovers needed for first generation legendary weapons and legendary backpacks require approximately 231 Mystic Coins to craft.no. It is require approximately 0 Mystic Coins to craft.

Second generation weapons and legendary trinkets require approximately 481.only 250. Also keep eye that the T2 leg is Account bound, so Do some magic business it not have way. Make for myself only mode and any speculation is blocked by realization.

The Mystic Clovers needed for a set of legendary armor requires approximately 273 Mystic Coins to craft."also it a little bit FAKE. It not need any MCoins to craft. Have many legendary sets and no one require MCoins

All that notes exist on in point of view if person try forge Mystic Clovers from Mystic Coins. It is very strange idea.

T2 leg weapons and leg trinkets require MC.

Mystic Clovers are very time consuming to obtain.

Legendary Armory will come. Demand for items will increase. MC cost will go up from demand and if methods to get MC don’t change.

Don’t underestimate the power of Legendary Armory.

@Swagger.1459 said:T2 leg weapons and leg trinkets require MC.from dayli login we get 260 per year. So it easy do 1 leg trinket per year, and MC till be more than you need. ..

Mystic Clovers are very time consuming to obtain?? don't think so. This is can be some problem only if player don't play wvw or pvp, and don.t run drizzlewood meta each day. For fractal players also +2 clover eash day mostly for FREE.

Legendary Armory will come. Demand for items will increase.who knows? And again - if not craft T2 weapons - per dayli login player earn more, than can spend for trinkets ..I don't know no one player who play gw2 not have already 3 leg sets and some trinkets ..

MC cost will go up from demand and if methods to get MC don’t change.If mcoin need only for clover and t2 weapons don't see any reason to up price more.

Don’t underestimate the power of Legendary Armory.don't try find tie between m-clover and m-coin. After some range there is no any poin spend gold for m-clover, you get it without any TP manipulation from reward tracks.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:T2 leg weapons and leg trinkets require MC.from dayli login we get 260 per year. So it easy do 1 leg trinket per year, and MC till be more than you need. ..

Mystic Clovers are very time consuming to obtain?? don't think so. This is can be some problem only if player don't play wvw or pvp, and don.t run drizzlewood meta each day. For fractal players also +2 clover eash day mostly for FREE.

Legendary Armory will come. Demand for items will increase.who knows? And again - if not craft T2 weapons - per dayli login player earn more, than can spend for trinkets ..I don't know no one player who play gw2 not have already 3 leg sets and some trinkets ..

MC cost will go up from demand and if methods to get MC don’t change.If mcoin need only for clover and t2 weapons don't see any reason to up price more.

Don’t underestimate the power of Legendary Armory.don't try find tie between m-clover and m-coin. After some range there is no any poin spend gold for m-clover, you get it without any TP manipulation from reward tracks.

I already said it takes time, and all you are doing is reinforcing that... You supporting my argument.

Just an example of what you are saying. No, I'm not going to go into the specifics of exact numbers... "from dayli login we get 260 per year." Per YEAR... 1 per YEAR. A YEAR...

And most of the PVE player base does not wvw or spvp.

"meta each day"... grind each day for a few.

As stated. Lots of TIME to do it without the use of MC for MClovers. Period.

It is MADATORY to use MC for T2 leg and leg trinks. PLUS MClovers.

"don't try find tie between m-clover and m-coin.". They are intertwined already.

What do you think Leg Armory no big deal??? Yeah...

@"Swagger.1459" said:Just an example of what you are saying. No, I'm not going to go into the specifics of exact numbers... "from dayli login we get 260 per year." Per YEAR... 1 per YEAR. A YEAR...for people who play from start, and play other mmo games the caps "YEAR" look strange ..

And most of the PVE player base does not wvw or spvp.so for that we it split PVE-player for fractal player, whey close cms, also additional source of m-coins, and grantee buy 2 m-clovers, 3 cms give more that 2 m-coin per run, so aprox they have more m-coins than can spend for vendor. Another part have same liked way do Drizzle meta nd get free clover from that PVR track.

"meta each day"... grind each day for a few.so that it is PVE? this i grind. And why few days ? Few years !

As stated. Lots of TIME to do it without the use of MC for MClovers. Period.yes, it is legal, if price is low. And from start.

It is MADATORY to use MC for T2 leg and leg trinks. PLUS MClovers.yes. I am already have all trinkets, wihtout any mc buy on TP. I am only see it sometimes. Don't have plan craft t2 leg. Have alot of m-clover, and fro that I can spend MC, which I get from cms and login?? I want find logic why someone think that current source of mc is not enough..

"don't try find tie between m-clover and m-coin.". They are intertwined already.only if m-coin is cheap. If it aprox 2 gold that we point spent for that that you will get anyway from login ?

What do you think Leg Armory no big deal??? Yeah...I am not sure and I don't know how it will be created. Devil in small things .. Also most active player anyway have more than 3+ sets.

It was so nice when they used to cost 1.15-1.20gThen trading guilds started using it as currency and the price shot up...I personally blame Anet for having items worth more than their TP can handle and for not introducing some garbage tradeable trash item with a fixed price to replace mystic coins which the rest of us needs to craft stuff...

@"Vavume.8065" said:Interesting bubble you live in... and completely out of touch with the majority of the playerbase."Leaderboard Rank 8,332" from gw2efficiency. So I am not of out of touch. So we have mostly active players count - 8,332 who a more and more up. So I am on middle, but not TOP by that abstract measurement.

@Friday.7864 said:It was so nice when they used to cost 1.15-1.20gThen trading guilds started using it as currency and the price shot up...I personally blame Anet for having items worth more than their TP can handle and for not introducing some garbage tradeable trash item with a fixed price to replace mystic coins which the rest of us needs to craft stuff...? why if you sure that you need Mistic Coins you can easy buy Gems, change to gold, and buy that ASAP from TP. Don't see any problem and reason blame.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Vavume.8065" said:Interesting bubble you live in... and completely out of touch with the majority of the playerbase."Leaderboard Rank 8,332" from gw2efficiency. So I am not of out of touch. So we have mostly active players count - 8,332 who a more and more up. So I am on middle, but not TOP by that abstract measurement.

I'm rank 2,118 and higher than 99% of all registered accounts there. rank 8k is what, 95% higher than all accounts? You are literally proving his point.

If you bothered to check the unlocked legendary skins, you'd see that among the 0 - 1000 or 2000 hour accounts the mean is 1 legendary and the median is 0 legendary skins unlocked.

The vast majority of players does NOT own multiple legendary items, not even 1. Unless you want to make the argument that the vast majority of players are all 5k hour+ accounts.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:The price has previously been lower than that and has never been much higher so it's reasonable to expect it will drop againI keep hearing that about MCs ever since their value went past 50s. And yet, it continues to rise.

And it will continue to rise considering lege armory was announced.Some people went into overdrive and are already crafting every lege they can nowadays... Imagine what happens when it actually releases.Trading guilds manipulating prices of an essential crafting item and using it to trade with is mildly put a huge bother on top of that.