WvW returning player needs bringing up to speed

Ghost.4360

Been away from GW2 for a long time, think I stopped playing shortly before the first expansion was released, I popped back once or twice I couldn't get back into it, giving it another try now.Only playing core, might consider getting the expansions if I find I'm enjoying the game enough to justify doing so. (Mounts are a big buzzkill on WvW if you don't have one)

The few times I've popped back my main issue has been revs, I'm sure its just a case of repeated practice and learning their skills (which is harder without having access to them)My 3 main WvW professions are Warrior, Ranger & Thief.

So if anyone can help me back up to speed on what builds are effective in WvW for those classes that'd be great. Also what builds work vs revenants and maybe what they're skills/weapons do, what animations to watch for. (I'm aware I could browse the wiki a lot and surf the web a load and eventually figure this out but I'd rather just ask here and get some nice responses hopefully :D)

Warrior I used to sword/shield, bow, GS and hammer. Would mix it up as needed, bow I think was mainly to splash some aoe for tagging and ran traits towards weapon swapping and pumping adrenaline and also tankiness. Worked well for roaming and leading/being in a zerg.

Ranger I think I ran conditions/traps in pvp, wvw I think I used BM/LB but I don't remember. Tried making a LB build for WvW and it failed against a rev and I was 2vs1 with an ally, so that felt terrible xD

Thief I can barely remember had to log in, he has D/D and P/P, trickery, acrobatics & critical strikes. Think I used a lot of stealth & dodge play while doing crits and ability spam. Don't recall it being super effective, but fun and durable at least.

I think that about sums where I'm at, thanks in advance for any help <3