WE NEED: Raid Reward Tracks

Tom.1852

@Henry.5713 said:Short version: No amount of reward changes will ever fix the issues caused by a severe lack of new content in PvE.

This. Have to agree with @Henry.5713 here.

Now don't get me wrong, increasing rewards might stem the flow somewhat, because rewards are a type of encouragement. It won't fix the underlying issue though of content being abandoned. The raiders I know fall in different categories from completely new, to noobish, to semi experienced with most wings on PUG level clear, to slightly below SC speed clear static, all the way to sell static players who full clear multiple time and raid 6 days per week.

Most of those players would be happy about more rewards, but none of them are raiding because of rewards. Most are doing it in semi statics or their guilds for fun. Basically this is the content most enjoy to do together with others or to excel at. Increasing rewards would be great, but it won't stop players from leaving if they get bored.

Increasing rewards for raids achieves only so much, most of it being enticing new players who do not want to raid to feel pressured to raid. It's not something veterans need. Veteran raiders need content or at the very least more regular meta shakeups so that existing content does not grow stale (this is a double edged sword because just as it can make content more interesting to some, others just leave because having to relearn new classes for content you have cleared thousands of times is not fun to them).

Anything else will just make this content end up like dungeons. A few static groups running the content over and over, the community shrinking into non existence, and guilds occasionally running some of the easier fights. Maybe with an uptick of players when the legendary armor drops for the remaining few who want PvE armor, but this one is far off and unknown (and adding legendary armor to PvP and WvW hardly helped).

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:Raids and Fractals already got way too much loot compared to everyone else. They also get the really nice shiny stuff and Raids&Fractals caused some really bad balancing decisions that hurt the competive modes.

So no, they don't need reward tracks. Quite the opposite.

Raids give you what, 110 gold/week in terms of raw gold+selling loot and magnetic shards that you dont need for anything if you are geared already. Once you have cleared your weekly raids, they dont drop anything anymore.

I agree with fractal rewards, as they are daily capped instead of weekly. But still open world gives way more gold.

Proper reward structures and actually supporting the content are the two main pillars of good and healthy endgame content. Strikes and Raids could do with both. Fractals perhaps as well, as I remember it as confusing at first, trying to understand what all the different currencies should be used for.(EDIT: When I say Fractals, I don't mean to say that they are not rewarding, just that getting into the content and understanding the rewards felt confusing at first)

When ANet releases new Raid Wings/Fractals/Strikes content, it is very good. Mechanically, I really like these fights, and I'd like to see ANet improve on the content.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:Raids and Fractals already got way too much loot compared to everyone else. They also get the really nice shiny stuff and Raids&Fractals caused some really bad balancing decisions that hurt the competive modes.

So no, they don't need reward tracks. Quite the opposite.

Please provide proof for your claim.

Open world metas remain the most lucrative content in this game by far:https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/farmtrain

Multiple farms are at 30g or above per hour, even more if the gained spirit shards are factored in.

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/world-bossesMeta boss farm trains are even above that value.

Raids are slightly below farm trains IF run by very experienced groups:https://fast.farming-community.eu/instances/raidsNone of those values include practice or slower groups.

Fractals are indeed the most lucrative instanced content and are dependent on Fractal God rank a player has as well as which fractals are daily. They are still beat by open world content, except that they require less organization than raids and are more focused reward wise, meaning less optimization is required in going somewhere. They still require vastly more organization than open world metas and are daily locked.

I am not arguing in favor of increasing raid rewards, I've explained why I do not believe it would help earlier in this thread. I disagree with this false narrative which uninformed posters keep trying to spread. Show proof or stop making false claims.

@Fuchslein.8639 said:I think we need Reward Tracks in PVE-OpenWorld.Edit: And I don't mean as a joke. I am fully with the TE. Reward tracks in Wvw and especially PVP are simply OP. And yes, I would like some of that cake. While WVW and PVP can get almost everything about tracks available in PVE. The other way, it looks different and that is unfair x).

Totally agree with you!But not only raid, but fractal as well ;)

• 2 weeks later...