Can we get a Black Commander Tag Please?!!

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:Yep all for it, black is also my favourite colour.

I'd also like a Blackish Green colour too to represent Necromancers.

Red, Ele.Green, Ranger.Light Blue/Cyan, Guardian.Purple, Mesmer.White, RevenantYellow, EngineerOrange, Warrior

If they add Black that'll represent Thief so Necromancer will be the only class not represented by a Commander Tag colour.. hence a Dark Green would be nice to have too.

why is revenant white? rifts are black and the "colour" i see the most connection to rev is black, the "colour" i see the least is white. thief and rev are clashing on that so maybe rev is maroon as red/black is the revenant colour combination.

Because of they're so closely tied to the mists which is imo better represented by White or Grey.Black fits better on thief due to their shadow magic affiliation and stealth etc.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Black fits better on thief due to their shadow magic affiliation and stealth etc.Stealth doesnt make you black, it makes you invisible.

But an invisible tag seem a little redundant.

Lol I know but when you think of stealth in the real world for the most part black camo tends to be the most common thing you think of.I know there are tons of camo that blend into different environments but stealth tends to often be linked to hiding in shadows and using the dark etc.. It's why black tends to be associated more with that.When you think of sneaky and stealth characters for the most part they'll be largely or completely covered in black or some other dark colour like grey.Batman, Catwoman, Splinter Cell series Sam Fisher, Thief series, Garret etc.Black is commonly associated with stealth and sneaking.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:What all the tags could use is a nice vibrant outline that shines.

Could say the same about my cursor, I cant find it half the time (playing on a 40 inch monitor @ 1440p) and I do not wish to use 3rd party programs to solve this problem.

Nah, no reason for implementing something a random free 3rd party program can easly solve, especially when it's related to your hardware choice and not exactly the game itself.

@OP, more color choices would be better and I don't think it would have a negative impact on anyone in the game so w/e.

But I don't think any animated (as in color-changing) tag is a good idea.

• Confused 1

@Balsa.3951 said:anet has a real gem store gem here

fire tags/ water tags/ shadow tags/ demon love etc

a lot shinies ppl who care can buy

im not the target group yet but who knows

This would actually sell I guess. I wonder why no one at ANet/NCsoft has thought about that. The only problem would probaby be that some people would nevertag down again if they had a purple burning heart or star or whatever over their head. Also, the ide migh conflict too much with infusions and other shinies. And then there are those who simply dislike everything shiny, so a button to give each tag a generic look client-side would be neat.

Also, instead of having set colors, why not link the commander tag to our unlocked dyes and give it a dye slot. Like this you can color your tag with any dye you've unlocked.

@"lokh.2695" said:3edgy5me

On a more serious note: A Black commander Tag wouldn't be very visible. I wouldn't mind it but I doubt there's a practical use for it.

Visibility wise - the perfect color is yellow. To human eyes, which I imagine most of us reading this rely on; yellow shows up more than any other color (caveat: I do not know if this is still true for people with varying levels of color blindness).

Black and green are both so common in camouflage for a reason.

(In video and gaming... there is a problem of 'accidental racism' in that dark skin tones can blend into backgrounds a lot and so camera adjusted for lighter skin often fail to see darker people, or in photos focus wrongly or develop highlights and shadows wrongly - this has led to things like those games that work by watching player motion with a camera being hard for dark skinned players to use... and photographers not used to working with darker skinned models have often landed into the middle of controversy when their photos of a darker model end up looking very bad - your easy go to example for this is to look at school yearbooks from past decades.)

Commander tags are meant to be "find me on the map really quickly". So I think darker tags should be avoided - and I'd go as far as to recommend people also not get the green one. I'll say the same thing for the white one because the map has snow so often.

A player's best bet is to stick to yellow, orange, magenta, and pink. But mostly - yellow.

• 3 weeks later...