Serpent's Ire

brahne.3645

Yes guys, I've been trying to do this meta event for weeks, you never find people to do it, and I understand why. But if there is someone who needs this event, I would like to organize a group to do it. Up to now I haven't been able to do it in the game. Anyone interested?

Are you on an NA or EU server?

Edit: Extra info to clarify: There are people on this forum who can help. But players on NA servers cannot ever be in the same map as players on EU servers. So we need to know which region you're in to determine who can help, and we need to do that before setting up a time to do it.

I've added you to my friends list and if I see you online I'll help more directly, but until then have you tried this:

1) Use the Wiki to find out when Serpent's Ire is going to start and find one when you can be online.2) About 10-20 minutes before it starts head to Vabbi and ask in map chat if anyone is going to do it, or could help you with it.3) At the same time start checking the LFG tool to see if any groups are advertised, just in case they're not on the same map you are. If you don't see any and the event is about to start create your own, include a note to say you need a commander if you're not confident leading it yourself. (The event can be done without one of course, but it's harder to coordinate.)

Also look out for days when the daily achievements will send people to Vabbi, as it's more likely you'll find people doing it on days when the map has a higher population generally.

There might also be guilds who organise this event, but I'm not sure. I know that happens for some meta events but I don't have any details.

So the thing I forgot to mention is that it helps to do it during prime time, which for EU servers is roughly 5pm - 10pm GMT on week nights and about 9am - 10pm GMT on weekends. It might be possible to do it earlier in the day, but any later than that and you'll struggle to find enough people who are awake and online.

We got it. I think the deciding factor was that it started at 8:30 GMT, right in the middle of EU prime time. But just in case anyone finds this later here's what I did to make sure it happened:

I got to the map in time for Forged with Fire, the big event before Serpent's Ire. There were a lot of people on the map doing different things, my group for FwF was only about 8 people but there was other stuff going on as well. As soon as FwF ended I announced in map chat that I was going to do Serpent's Ire and asked people to join in. We started a group in LFG for it, posted in map chat periodically in the time between events to remind people it was about to start, and I asked both my guilds if anyone could join. When the event started we only had about 10 people, but that's enough for the first bit and keeping the group advertised in LFG throughout meant more people joined in as it progressed. By the end I think we had about 30 people, which was enough to get it done. :)