Best profession for clouding ?

Evidev.3046

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:staff ele or burn guard are your best bets

Yeah certainly burn dh with its actionable block shield, teleports, immobilize, ranged aoe, huge damage oh and yeah invulnerability. More targets more good.

DH is weak btw. Pls buff Longbow, ANet. 15k from 1500 range bad.Imagine having weak aspects of a class like everyone else, right.

why the salt?not that I mind.

I dislike DH, it is by far and long the most unenjoyable thing for me to fight, and it makes me roll my eyes when I see someone say DH longbow is weak which I've read more than once. The spec has gotten so many buffs and it continues to be an unrewarding thing to fight other than interrupting Wings of Resolve.

Funny I could salt about necros dumping marks on top of my head from 1200 range and corrupting every boon under the sun into condi.

Go ahead. Maybe ANet will remove more corrupts and targets from Scourge Shades so people can have their boon balls :D.

what are reapers.

@Evidev.3046 said:Give me your opinions what profession best fits for me. I want

1. Not join squad
  2. Have long range AOE
  3. Can run away from Zerg if needed
  4. enough defense to survive surprising strike

:)

Play this style now, and though currently still changing things from this years patch, did have 23 builds that would work for this. It would probably be easier to discuss the classes/builds that don't. It's a matter of knowing your own builds limits, what size of zerg are you attacking. If you are running in a havoc where can you synergize with your group to help where your build might be lacking or you might help a spot that they need filled. Also know who your are playing against. Will they squirrel or turtle, squirrel you need more escape, turtle you need more yonks.

The 3 classes if I had to rank that have the most tools in their options would be Engi/Rev/Ranger if you are talking about things that can both range and dive in and out and have better odds of coming back out of the moshpit. Others have options, but those 3 have a number. Once upon a time all classes had more options, but that's getting thinner and thinner as nerfs happen and they prep for new Elites.

Good hunting!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:It's more about having a roaming build you can pick off stragglers with rather than a specific profession.Not only that, it's about being good with it. And a player can be good with the "worst" build according to general consensus.You got to know how to move, where to move, when to commit and most importantly, who to target. The tactics of a 360 degree cloud seems to be lost on 90% of pugs.

That said, anything with ranged will be easiest and if you want to be "group effective" in the cloud, you need some kind of pull. Overcoming the perma-stab is what kills zergs, in the long run it doesnt matter if
you
can kill your target, as long as they can be pulled out someone else can CC, do damage and pull them even further. Most clouders unfortunetly miss that fact and focus on just doing basic damage. Works against a pug zerg, futile against an organized group with supports that knows how to sustain.

The pugs are usually the ones that refuse to use meta profession or meta builds for zerg play, and are the one's kept at arms length from the zerg commander and his lietenants. Believe me, most of the "pugs" already know how to cloud, which infuriates a lot of the head on commanders that want to hit a solid body, not a swarm of insects he's waving blithly about in order to destroy. Much easier to hit a stand up target than a mosquito flitting around your ear.

Maguuma Cloud commanderBurn DHIncredibly tanky, absolutely eviscerates enemies that don't have double sustain parties, does fairly well against tighly packed comped groups as well, has decent mobility, and works at 900 range.

Dragonbanner Zerker RevenantBy far the highest damage build in the game, and demolishes even well comped squads. Use glint heal, stunbreaks and superspeed to escape getting trained down.

Marauder staff weaverSelf explanatory. Land good meteors and destroy the enemy.

Triple well marauder scourgeDoesn't have a lot of sustain, or any mobility, but if you can land 3 wells+scourge strips on the enemy blob then you've more than carried your weight.

Contrary to popular belief, the iconic glassbow ranger, or daredevil have limited uselessness wants you start fighting organized blobs with 40+ people.

• 2 weeks later...