Necromancer is due some major nerfs, the class been flying under the radar for more than 1 year

Arheundel.6451

Starting with Reaper :

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper-Slow and hard-hitting-Then you added things like : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper%27s_Onslaught ; the devs specifically added a trait that remove the main weakness of the elite, the one that was supposed to give actual counterplay , then we seen the introduction of even more problems : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed , basically the whole slow and hard hitting concept flown out of the window...why?

All the issues above are only exacerbated by the presence of this other problem : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lich_Form , it has a become truly an Iwin elite to turn around losing fights or pressure enemies in using precious CD. The idea of having "turning game" elites is great and all but........why should only necros have access to such powerful elite?

Core Necro

The build has increasingly become and issue , not properly addressed for the last 1.5 years introduced during Dec 2018, around 70% of what has been introduced in that patch.....has been nerfed to the ground, the main problem here is that everything since that patch has been steadily declining while necro has been mostly left untouched since then.

The class has not seen any "groundbreaking nerf" for almost 2 years, mostly "slaps on the wrist" for scourge but other than that necros get to play with all 2 elites plus core class, most professions can't count themselves as lucky..and I wonder why......

Personal BIAS or greater purpose?

P.S Dear devs you have proven to be more than capable of removing PvP gear to affect specific professions : Rune of Durability, toughness amulets, concentration amulets etc etc...it should be no issue at this point to remove Runes of Speed to affect Necro ever increasing mobility. Is elementalist the only class you bother to keep faithful to the original design of glass cannon mage? (worth mentioning that the cannon part has been completely removed at this point)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaper Onslaught ist actually necessary to make reaper shroud viable. Im all for reworking it though and make a slight attack Speed boost baseline since this would mean reaper gets even more dmg with dread and some pretty neat perma quickness builds in wvw. Reaper is unplayable with its current baseline attack speed though

Speed runes are only really needed on gs reaper so idk... Wouldnt change to much

I agree on slight lich dmg nerfs. though dont overnerf and rather make other elites higher impact with appropriate cds

If you consider core necro op you should take a serious glance at other sidenoder builds rn. Core has overall pretty low Impact in teamfights compared to other classes/elites and is one of the easiest +1 targets as sidenoder even though it is kinda strong in 1v1s

So to wrap it up: youve been complaining about a necessary trait that for sure needs to be reworked but for different reasons,About runes that are played on a few viable builds and not even on the ones considered Meta (though they might need some Nerf), about a slightly to high impact elite and a boring to play and mediocre sidenoder/teamfighter

I think outside of Lich and slight speedrune adjustments this seems more like bias

@"Sarlan.7682" said:Reaper Onslaught ist actually necessary to make reaper shroud viable. Im all for reworking it though and make a slight attack Speed boost baseline since this would mean reaper gets even more dmg with dread and some pretty neat perma quickness builds in wvw. Reaper is unplayable with its current baseline attack speed though

Speed runes are only really needed on gs reaper so idk... Wouldnt change to much

I agree on slight lich dmg nerfs. though dont overnerf and rather make other elites higher impact with appropriate cds

If you consider core necro op you should take a serious glance at other sidenoder builds rn. Core has overall pretty low Impact in teamfights compared to other classes/elites and is one of the easiest +1 targets as sidenoder even though it is kinda strong in 1v1s

So to wrap it up: youve been complaining about a necessary trait that for sure needs to be reworked but for different reasons,About runes that are played on a few viable builds and not even on the ones considered Meta (though they might need some Nerf), about a slightly to high impact elite and a boring to play and mediocre sidenoder/teamfighter

I think outside of Lich and slight speedrune adjustments this seems more like bias

It's not bias my friend and trust me..last thing I want is for necro to be made unplayable , on the contrary of what other people may think I see no benefit in removing professions from the game neither I am looking for god mode with any particular class, if you check my post history you'll realize that I am always the first to denounce the class I play when it gets out of hand...regardless if the entire community of that class will hate me afterwards; complained on the forum when ranger was OP...when ele, war, guardian was so no...I am not biased at all

Look at it from different perspective, you're asking for a specific trait to remove what was supposed to be the weakness of reaper, given the levels of damage of reaper, a slow attacking speed was warranted, if you remove that weakness you're left with a fast moving hard hitting enemy...does that sound balanced to you?

What's more problematic is how the overall sustain gone down the drain for most professions and how at the same time Anet added a ridiculous amount of dmg modifiers on the class while nerfing dmg on professions like ele while playing same amulet....

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper%27s_OnslaughtThis trait is too busted for all it does : perma quickness while in shroud +300 ferocity, it's not even that +300 ferocity the issue......that quickness uptime is simply stupid

If you remove the attack speed buff of onslaught, each reaper shroud attack would need a 50% damage buff to remain viable.

I don't know if you ever picked a reaper and fought someone that is familiar with the pacing of reaper. You won't land one single shroud auto attack to such a player without onslaught. At best you land half a sould spiral, because it is 300 range. That is one reason why condi reaper is not viable, even though dhuumfire and deathly chill have a huge potential in reaper shroud in theory. But you just don't land hits without onslaught - neither the auto attack nor soul spiral or executioner scythe.

Regarding the damage modifiers: spinal shivers is the only skill in the game for reaper that has the potential to apply a tiny bit of pressure to high mobile encounters like thief, because these encounters will even hardcounter onslaught. Nerf that skill and every reaper that encounters a thief can basically stop playing, because it would be pointless.

Necro has seen a lot of sustain nerfs as well.

• spectral armor nerfed
  • spectral walk nerfed
  • signets nerfed
  • unholy martyr nerfed
  • carrapace nerfed
  • unholy sanctuary nerfed
  • foot in the grave replaced with an inferior gm trait (loss of a stunbreak and a stability source, both has a huge impact for necro)

These are the available sustain sources of pretty much every viable necro build. All the other theoretical options (e.g. blighter's boon) have never been viable in the first place since PoF and its absurd mobility and skill spam powercreep was released.

@KrHome.1920 said:If you remove the attack speed buff of onslaught, each reaper shroud attack would need a 50% damage buff to remain viable.

I don't know if you ever picked a reaper and fought someone that is familiar with the pacing of reaper. You won't land one single shroud auto attack to such a player without onslaught. At best you land half a sould spiral, because it is 300 range. That is one reason why condi reaper is not viable, even though dhuumfire and deathly chill have a huge potential in reaper shroud in theory. But you just don't land hits without onslaught - neither the auto attack nor soul spiral or executioner scythe.

Regarding the damage modifiers: spinal shivers is the only skill in the game for reaper that has the potential to apply a tiny bit of pressure to high mobile encounters like thief, because these encounters will even hardcounter onslaught. Nerf that skill and every reaper that encounters a thief can basically stop playing, because it would be pointless.

Necro has seen a lot of sustain nerfs as well.

• spectral armor nerfed
  • spectral walk nerfed
  • signets nerfed
  • unholy martyr nerfed
  • carrapace nerfed
  • unholy sanctuary nerfed
  • foot in the grave replaced with an inferior gm trait (loss of a stunbreak and a stability source, both has a huge impact for necro)

These are the available sustain sources of pretty much every viable necro build. All the other theoretical options (e.g. blighter's boon) have never been viable in the first place since PoF and its absurd mobility and skill spam powercreep was released.

½ Activation time Life reap½ Activation time Life slash½ Activation time Life rendI CaNt LaNd AuTo AtTaCkS tHeY aRe ToO sLoW, i NeEd QuIcKnEsSIn all seriousness bruh, after feb patch every random stupid build started getting played on necro, from power core, condi core, wells necros, minion necros reapers and scourges for a reason. EVERY class got heavy sustain nerfs on most if not ALL forms of sustain, but necro sustains through LIFE FORCE, which WAS NOT TOUCHED.so by default necro has gained sustain compared to other classes.as for giving reaper 50% damage, bruh..... whats going in your head man

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:They need to give the auto-activation trait of the shroud an cooldown.

Maybe 1-2minutes.... like the warrior immunityIt has a 120 second (2 minutes!) cooldown in pvp and a 30 second cooldown in pve/wvw.

then the whole shroud needs one tooIf a necro can trigger the 120 second cd unholy sanctuary muliple times in a fight against you, then you are doing it wrong. And to trigger one time each fight is its purpose. It's a gm trait.

@"Arheundel.6451"

"Necro ever increasing mobility"

You mean like all the other professions who have access to mobility skills? And there are professions with way more on demand mobility. Speed rune? Everyone has access to it. And there is way more than enough movement impairing conditions in this game...

You forget about all the other professions that have access to speed buffs? No, just an issue with Necro.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swiftness

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superspeed

And do I really need to link every movement skill in the game across all professions?

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the pulsing quickness on reapers onslaught is probably the most horribly designed traits in the game right now. imo they should make it conditional.

and whats your suggestion for making it conditional then?

my suggestion is so good i dare not utter it aloud lest the chances it gets implemented decreases greatly.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the pulsing quickness on reapers onslaught is probably the most horribly designed traits in the game right now. imo they should make it conditional.

Maybe every 3rd time a Necro enters Reaper Shroud the trait activates quickness for 2 seconds?

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

my suggestion is so good i dare not utter it aloud lest the chances it gets implemented decreases greatly.

You don’t have any realistic suggestions. Other classes have way more mobility, movement boosts, speed boosts... and such. Some of you just have a tough time fighting better players.

And there are already conditions... it's called Life Force and needing to be in Reaper Shroud. But never mind all the other professions, with more access to quickness, that don't need those types of conditions to be met.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

You should be in politics if you aren't already...

@Gogdarth.6741 said:Reaper is perfectly fine. Maybe focus 5 shouldn't be hitting so hard, I'll give you that. Slight lich auto nerf, maybe.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

It's not bias my friend and trust me..last thing I want is for necro to be made unplayable , on the contrary of what other people may think
I see no benefit in removing professions from the game neither I am looking for god mode with any particular class
, if you check my post history you'll realize that I am always the first to denounce the class I play when it gets out of hand...regardless if the entire community of that class will hate me afterwards; complained on the forum when ranger was OP...when ele, war, guardian was so no...
I am not biased at all

That doesn't make you objective, that makes you a pretend self-righteous Karen, with manager replaced by forum complaints. Chill with witch hunts a little bit and maybe play it yourself to see how it actually performs. Might even drop those problematic traits to see how it goes without them, maybe then your hot take would hold any amount of water in it.

Have you ever considered that maybe you don't actually know what's best for the game, and your critiques garner this sort of reaction because they're, like,
not good
, not because everyone else just happens to be wrong and fails to see The Truth? Had a casual stroll through your post history as you so invited, nerfing reaps in PvE too because of almost decent bench number? Lmao. Also, nice objectivity when all of your complaints were literally only about guards and necros for like almost a year.

Just for a funny little bit, remember this one thread you yourself has made?
Yea-a-a-a-a.

I believe the OP in the thread clearly states how nerfs always go full circle isn't that right? People should think twice before asking for nerfs on other professions because when you gut other professions and your stays intact guess what happen?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100911/we-should-probably-look-at-lightning-rod/p4

This is not directed at PvP but should be enough to illustrate how other people feels on other professions after being dumped on by nerfs for months

Remember the days where everybody was crying to see ele nerfed?https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/93939/fire-weaver

These are just few examples of what other professions experienced up to this moment and the reason why necromancer feels so unbalanced to fight , the keyword here is unbalanced , I am not asking for the class to be fun to play against AKA I am not asking for the class to be completely neutered to ele levels....I haven't reach that level of saltiness on this forum where people want to see everything but their class being reduced to a free loot bag for laughs.

There are unbalanced factors on the class atm, being made even more unbearable due to the vast amount of nerfs other professions received up to this moment.....this is not the player's fault as I said in my own thread : if you ask for nerfs..soon or later those nerfs will come to stab you in the back

I don't buy this thread.

Granted, lich auto needs a damage shave so that it isn't an "I Win" button like old rampage was for anyone without blocks. The damage needs to be spread out among the other skills that are slower to cast and easier to dodge, and the cooldown for Lich needs to be adjusted to be quicker to compensate since Lich is necro's major access to stability right now.

Reaper absolutely should blend you like mincemeat if you are within range of it. Given the fact they are incredibly vulnerable to cc and most of their damage output requires you to be in hugging distance (which many classes can simply opt out of if they so desire), I don't think people should be evaluating how hard/how fast they get hit when they are in range compared to the actions they took that got them there with no escape/safeguard.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

Core NecroThe build has increasingly become and issue , not properly addressed for the last 1.5 years introduced during Dec 2018, around 70% of what has been introduced in that patch.....has been nerfed to the ground, the main problem here is that everything since that patch has been steadily declining while necro has been mostly left untouched since then.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? I don't think any part of this is true.

The class has not seen any "groundbreaking nerf" for almost 2 years, mostly "slaps on the wrist" for scourge but other than that necros get to play with all 2 elites plus core class, most professions can't count themselves as lucky..and I wonder why......

This isn't true, in particular. Multiple times over the course of the game, Necro has seen global cooldown increases for spectrals and wells, because of attempted reworks being heavily nerfed almost immediately after they went live that had come coupled with cooldown increases since those reworks removed traits that reduced Cds. Their signet rework was also a heavy nerf. Necros just didn't whine hard about it (probably because they're used to getting what feels like bait-and-switch balancing) so nobody noticed.

Scourge was absolutely obliterated in pvp. Even with the shade (re)rework it's still kinda trash.

P.S Dear devs you have proven to be more than capable of removing PvP gear to affect specific professions : Rune of Durability, toughness amulets, concentration amulets etc etc...it should be no issue at this point to remove Runes of Speed to affect Necro ever increasing mobility.

Rune of speed is one of the only things preventing players with access to superspeed, ports, long distance leaps, and in some cases stealth from bullying necromancer entirely, and other classes can benefit from that rune, so in your effort to nerf Necro you limit build variety further. I wouldn't go this route either.

If necro gets mobility/quickness shaves, they're going to need their stunbreaks and stability traits back. Making them slower and also punishing them against people who can land cc would be overkill. Lich form needs a look, sure; but outside of that they're fair. The devs are aware they need quickness to cram their damage in while in shroud, that's why they gave them more of it on landing fear.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Gogdarth.6741 said:Reaper is perfectly fine. Maybe focus 5 shouldn't be hitting so hard, I'll give you that. Slight lich auto nerf, maybe.

It's not bias my friend and trust me..last thing I want is for necro to be made unplayable , on the contrary of what other people may think
I see no benefit in removing professions from the game neither I am looking for god mode with any particular class
, if you check my post history you'll realize that I am always the first to denounce the class I play when it gets out of hand...regardless if the entire community of that class will hate me afterwards; complained on the forum when ranger was OP...when ele, war, guardian was so no...
I am not biased at all

That doesn't make you objective, that makes you a pretend self-righteous Karen, with manager replaced by forum complaints. Chill with witch hunts a little bit and maybe play it yourself to see how it actually performs. Might even drop those problematic traits to see how it goes without them, maybe then your hot take would hold any amount of water in it.

Have you ever considered that maybe you don't actually know what's best for the game, and your critiques garner this sort of reaction because they're, like,
not good
, not because everyone else just happens to be wrong and fails to see The Truth? Had a casual stroll through your post history as you so invited, nerfing reaps in PvE too because of almost decent bench number? Lmao. Also, nice objectivity when all of your complaints were literally only about guards and necros for like almost a year.

Just for a funny little bit, remember this one thread you yourself has made?
Yea-a-a-a-a.

I believe the OP in the thread
clearly states how nerfs always go full circle
isn't that right? People should think twice before asking for nerfs on other professions because when you gut other professions and your stays intact guess what happen?

This is not directed at PvP but should be enough to illustrate how other people feels on other professions
after being dumped on by nerfs for months

Remember the days where everybody was crying to see ele nerfed?

These are just few examples of what other professions experienced up to this moment and the reason why necromancer feels so unbalanced to fight , the keyword here is
unbalanced
, I am not asking for the class to be fun to play against AKA I am not asking for the class to be completely neutered to ele levels....I haven't reach that level of saltiness on this forum where people want to see everything but their class being reduced to a free loot bag for laughs.

There are unbalanced factors on the class atm, being made even more unbearable due to the vast amount of nerfs other professions received up to this moment.....this is not the player's fault as I said in my own thread : if you ask for nerfs..soon or later those nerfs will come to stab you in the back

people complained against fire weaver since it beat every single sidenoder by default. and was very hard to +1 due to massive sustain, the only downside was how slow it was. making not only OP as it never lost sides but boring as fuck to both play as and against as it just sat on a node, and moving ment getting losing a node.

@The Boz.2038 said:Don't you just love it when people propose nerfs to other classes, and those nerfs they want are actually buffs because they have no idea how other classes work?

Yeah don't you love it? How many people do you think who never played ele for a single hour, proposed huge nerfs to the class in the past?

But please..do not group me with you lot! I am only asking to change 1-2 traits and shave some dmg from an elite....not like you people on the forum asking to gut everything on a class that still proves to be a challenge for your class!

I see rev players asking for nerfs when their professions is broken/busted to hell way more than holo.......you don't see teams winning with double/triple holo still people cry about the latter forgetting rev

I look at the top...not the bottom , I experienced first hand what top 100 players on necro or rev can do....if you go in WvW you see roaming packs of renegade/condi revs + firebrand with WvW rank 3k+ and TOP 100 titles....all of this get shuffled under the rag for the convenience of a small few...while the rest whine about being killed by a condi guardian or a ranger at silver/gold level

Watch the video I've posted, do you know who @Hollts is?