Cannot spend mastery points

Dobly.6530

I have just come back to GW2 after a few years away. I never finished the Path of Fire and only have The Sacrifice quest to go.. First task is to get a springer mount.

I have collected 3 mastery points.. The Canyon Jumping skill needs 3. Happy days.

However it will not let my assign them. It says I need more experience to use these points. My character is level 80. Is there a higher level?

rOo9A6n.jpg

@Linken.6345 said:

@Dobly.6530 said:arrr... Thanks Lamont... Had me stumped.

your own screenshot even say so check the white text above the cursor.

Yeah, but if you consider level 80 to be maximum experience, I can understand how players miss this mechanic.To be clear:To spend Central Tyria (red) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the core gameTo spend Heart of Thorns (green) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the HoT expansion maps and LW season 3.To spend Path of Fire (purple) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the PoF expansion maps and LW season 4.To spend Icebrood Saga (blue) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the Icebrood Saga Living world maps.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@Dobly.6530 said:arrr... Thanks Lamont... Had me stumped.

your own screenshot even say so check the white text above the cursor.

Yeah, but if you consider level 80 to be maximum experience, I can understand how players miss this mechanic.To be clear:To spend Central Tyria (red) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the core gameTo spend Heart of Thorns (green) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the HoT expansion maps and LW season 3.To spend Path of Fire (purple) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the PoF expansion maps and LW season 4.To spend Icebrood Saga (blue) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the Icebrood Saga Living world maps.

Oh yea and if I had read the whole OP I would have seen it said they needed experience.My bad