Cannot spend mastery points — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Cannot spend mastery points

I have just come back to GW2 after a few years away. I never finished the Path of Fire and only have The Sacrifice quest to go.. First task is to get a springer mount.

I have collected 3 mastery points.. The Canyon Jumping skill needs 3. Happy days.

However it will not let my assign them. It says I need more experience to use these points. My character is level 80. Is there a higher level?

Comments

  • Lamont.5973Lamont.5973 Member ✭✭✭

    After 80 you xp goes to the experience bar for whichever map you are in: core, HOT or POF. Your bar of POF xp is about 2/3 full (the yellow xp bar). You will need to fill it with POF xp before you can assign the points.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    As said above, you need to fill the xp bar first before you can spend your points

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • arrr... Thanks Lamont... Had me stumped.

  • Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dobly.6530 said:
    arrr... Thanks Lamont... Had me stumped.

    You should get a pop up too when your xp bar is full. Make sure you click the next mastery you want your xp to go to after you spend your points.

    Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

  • TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dobly.6530 said:
    I have just come back to GW2 after a few years away.

    Welcome back.

    Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dobly.6530 said:
    arrr... Thanks Lamont... Had me stumped.

    your own screenshot even say so check the white text above the cursor.

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Dobly.6530 said:
    arrr... Thanks Lamont... Had me stumped.

    your own screenshot even say so check the white text above the cursor.

    Yeah, but if you consider level 80 to be maximum experience, I can understand how players miss this mechanic.
    To be clear:
    To spend Central Tyria (red) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the core game
    To spend Heart of Thorns (green) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the HoT expansion maps and LW season 3.
    To spend Path of Fire (purple) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the PoF expansion maps and LW season 4.
    To spend Icebrood Saga (blue) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the Icebrood Saga Living world maps.

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TheQuickFox.3826 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Dobly.6530 said:
    arrr... Thanks Lamont... Had me stumped.

    your own screenshot even say so check the white text above the cursor.

    Yeah, but if you consider level 80 to be maximum experience, I can understand how players miss this mechanic.
    To be clear:
    To spend Central Tyria (red) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the core game
    To spend Heart of Thorns (green) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the HoT expansion maps and LW season 3.
    To spend Path of Fire (purple) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the PoF expansion maps and LW season 4.
    To spend Icebrood Saga (blue) mastery points, you need to earn experience in the Icebrood Saga Living world maps.

    Oh yea and if I had read the whole OP I would have seen it said they needed experience.
    My bad