Confer with Bangar updates

Sajuuk Khar.1509

@Healix.5819 said:

@Kalythsu.8350 said:My god... wait 3 weeks for 3 scripts lines maybe... :'( bad achievement :(

It's a story update that's trickled in between the episode releases, so expect it to take ~2 months total. Note that the steps aren't on a timer but rather unlock on specific dates, so you can simply come back at the very end to do them all at once, and probably with voices.

It would just be helpful if either in the achievement or by a dev's response we had confirmation of what exactly these unlock dates are. Right now I'm just constantly and pointlessly trying to get Bangar to talk to me every week and it's annoying. Overall it's a minor inconvenience, so it's not like I'm going to riot or anything, but it just feels like sloppy implementation.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bander.5194 said:

@Kalythsu.8350 said:My god... wait 3 weeks for 3 scripts lines maybe... :'( bad achievement :(

It's a story update that's trickled in between the episode releases, so expect it to take ~2 months total. Note that the steps aren't on a timer but rather unlock on specific dates, so you can simply come back at the very end to do them all at once, and probably with voices.

It would just be helpful if either in the achievement or by a dev's response we had confirmation of what exactly these unlock dates are. Right now I'm just constantly and pointlessly trying to get Bangar to talk to me every week and it's annoying. Overall it's a minor inconvenience, so it's not like I'm going to riot or anything, but it just feels like sloppy implementation.

Well you know you can just go to achieve and you can see the next section unlocks instead of going to him and trying to talk and getting frustrated. Takes 2 secs and you can see from anywhere. There is no set time table and the obsession by some not saying you over some pointless achieve is odd. We have it started so even if we stopped playing for 2 months I bet we could catch up

Yes, I'm aware of how achievements work. I wasn't asking for advice. It's clear to anyone that is following this achievement that there's no time table, hence the other threads on this topic. I'm not really sure why it's a mystery that people care about the story and how it's progressing either, but that also seems besides the point. My opinion still stands, it would have been better to have a more concrete timetable...and this is literally just my opinion.

@Bander.5194 said:Yes, I'm aware of how achievements work. I wasn't asking for advice. It's clear to anyone that is following this achievement that there's no time table, hence the other threads on this topic. I'm not really sure why it's a mystery that people care about the story and how it's progressing either, but that also seems besides the point. My opinion still stands, it would have been better to have a more concrete timetable...and this is literally just my opinion.

Ok, My bad for engaging. I saw the constantly and pointlessly trying to get Bangar to talk to me every week and it's annoying thing you wrote so I told you an alternative but I see now you know how achievements work and just constantly and pointlessly try to get Bangar to talk to you every week with that knowledge. I won't engage with you again

It is called living world for a reason. It gives that sense of time progression as the story goes on, and the world “evolves”. Just like how people won’t ever experience south drizzlewood only anymore. The map evolved into a bigger map and the two metas combined. Bangar isn’t going to tell everything at once, and that’s expected. Maybe he doesn’t know what’s going on yet, and Jormag is piecemeiling info to him as is needed. It is only information and teasers as to what is to come. Not sure why people are feeling entitled to know everything right now. It’s a build-up, and doing it all at once would be a little too rushed.

@"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:It is called living world for a reason. It gives that sense of time progression as the story goes on, and the world “evolves”. Just like how people won’t ever experience south drizzlewood only anymore. The map evolved into a bigger map and the two metas combined. Bangar isn’t going to tell everything at once, and that’s expected. Maybe he doesn’t know what’s going on yet, and Jormag is piecemeiling info to him as is needed. It is only information and teasers as to what is to come. Not sure why people are feeling entitled to know everything right now. It’s a build-up, and doing it all at once would be a little too rushed.

Why not? ^^ Everyone has the right to be impatient or not. Some people can't wait for a movie/series/other to come out. It's the same here. Some are eager to know the rest of the story (like me ;) )

But waiting 1 month for "3 lines of dialogue" is really light.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Aerinndis.2730 said:Bangar talking again today!

I think what could be happening with this unknown entity is that there are beings in Cantha who are planning to rid of all the elder dragons, including Aurene and Jormag and the rest, hence end of dragons. But the plot to do so is nefarious similar to how Balthazar was trying to rid of Kralkatorrik for his own gain. I think how they intend to carry out the plan must lead to our interference to stop them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how to feel about this one, mostly because I find the "little sister" comment confusing.

It seems we're heading to the point where elder dragons will be explicitly related to one another as part of a shared family tree. If Primordus is Jormag's twin, should their reference of Aurene as "little sister" be taken literally? Or is it just semantics? If anything I'd imagine Aurene more akin to a niece or great niece to Jormag/other elder dragons, so I am verging on the side of "little sister" being a condescending acknowledgement of their shared elder dragon status.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Ogwom.7940 said:If I missed out on a few weeks of dialogue, like if I am only 5/8 complete, can I talk to him anytime and finish the achieve and get all the dialogue that I missed?Ive heard that its one dialog per daily reset if you are behind. Can't confirm that though.

It's not connected to daily reset. You just need to zone and return and it'll allow the next dialogue section

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Since this may be of interest (especially for the ones that missed the voice on this achievement).

This was posted on Twitter today:Matthew Medina: "..in case you're wondering, yes there'll be a way to replay content for a certain achievement with a certain prisoner."

That is of interest indeed