Ok, apparently I MUST do WvW for my Legendary.

Lawtider.9024

Going for Xiucuatl, yay, snepter. I am now at the stage that I NEED to do WvW for certain materials only available in this mode, that in no way you can get in the PvE.However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever. How am I as a solo player going to get enough material (memory of battle I think) WITHOUT having to do this mode?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a reward track you complete.

At worst it takes 8 hours of game play, a lot of which can be AFK.

At best, 4.5-5 hours with boosters.

Squads tend to be the easiest way to get participation. There are also some more subtle ways that really don’t require consistent engagement with enemy forces though that is not a guarantee.

I’ll try to link a few of the more applicable posts that have been placed in this forum to make it easier.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2246/gift-of-battle-what-to-know

Load up a dps build with some sustain. Go to an Alpine borderland. Go from camp to camp and cap them. Hang out in spawn until they flip, then go reflip then. Do WvW dailies. Try a zerg build and join the big fights. Dying doesn't matter so long as you maintain participation.

It's only 5-8 hours of your life, you'll make it, I believe in you.

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-88576

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Memory_of_Battle

Buy them from the trading post, they are not account bound, or get a WvW friend to send you a stack of theirs.

Oh, thank you, I am not actually forced to do the WvW. I apparently must do fractals I think.

So.., you don’t need the Gift of Battle?

I find it hard to believe there is a legendary that doesn’t need this.... unless you already have it.

Edit: yes, this weapon needs Gift of Battle. So unless you already have one, you need to do WvW to get one. Ensure you have the correct reward track selected.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xiuquatl

@"GewRoo.4172" said:Unfortunately you have "to do this mode" in order to get rewards. Welcome to the mode where Anet does not blow rainbows up your kitten.

It's too bad there's not a "haha" button. This made me lol. But it is tradeable, right? He doesn't HAVE to.

EDIT: the two other game modes I would say are far, far worse are sPVP and Raids. sPVP because if you haven't been doing it, you're literally fighting people with 8 years of experience and built up reflexes, so prepare to have your butt handed to you all the time while learning, and fighting other players is MUCH more required than WvW (even a good thief will do a hit and run to aide their team before stealing the other team's home).

Raids because of the insane amount of training runs required before you can get into a static/get clear runs in RA.

WvW really isn't that bad. Just kill guards and cap camps if you really don't want to fight people. You'll get ganked but just move maps if you're being targeted too much. There's 3. But I will DEEPLY encourage joining squads if you can. The extra pips will be nice for conflux should you ever decide to go for it, assuming you can help your world get to the top. 3/pips a tick sucks.

@DoggySpew.4529 said:Going for Xiucuatl, yay, snepter. I am now at the stage that I NEED to do WvW for certain materials only available in this mode, that in no way you can get in the PvE.However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever. How am I as a solo player going to get enough material (memory of battle I think) WITHOUT having to do this mode?

Yeah, you need to WvW for a Gift of Battle.

If it's for gift of battle just collect the WvW potions then.

If it's memories of battle you can buy them outright off trading post.

edit:

@Riktar.6813 said:Been playing this game for 2 weeks now, and imagine my surprise when I learned the requirements to infuse a ring when all I enjoy is pvp.You can buy a mist band which is infused already.Also if you only PVP you don't even need ascended gear at all.

@DoggySpew.4529 said:Going for Xiucuatl, yay, snepter. I am now at the stage that I NEED to do WvW for certain materials only available in this mode, that in no way you can get in the PvE.However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever. How am I as a solo player going to get enough material (memory of battle I think) WITHOUT having to do this mode?

Been playing this game for 2 weeks now, and imagine my surprise when I learned the requirements to infuse a ring when all I enjoy is pvp.

@Riktar.6813 said:

Been playing this game for 2 weeks now, and imagine my surprise when I learned the requirements to infuse a ring when all I enjoy is pvp.

And why would you want to infuse a ring if you only play PvP? Infused rings don't have higher stats, they don't even have visual effects, they're only useful for fract, so for a PvPer they're totally useless.

@DoggySpew.4529 said:Going for Xiucuatl, yay, snepter. I am now at the stage that I NEED to do WvW for certain materials only available in this mode, that in no way you can get in the PvE.However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever. How am I as a solo player going to get enough material (memory of battle I think) WITHOUT having to do this mode?ofc. Most player do it without any wvw.Enough do dayli big spender and get some needed track progress fro gift of balttle,and memory of battle easy buy from trading post!

@DoggySpew.4529 said:However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever.

1. Use team chat and map chat to find roamers that you can tag along, if you don't want to zerg.
  2. Use team chat to get the IP address for your server's TeamSpeak (or the Discord link), join voice chat and see where there are public zergs that you can join.

I just do my dailies in WvW, doesn't take much effort at all really.The experience items you get for doing them can easily be saved up for when you need certain items from reward tracks.

I started doing it for Gifts of Battle so i'd never need to farm for one again.Just causally doing my dailies for a few months and i've got a few Gifts just laying around in my bank now.. and multiple stacks of experience items just waiting for a reason for me to use them.

Doesn't even matter if you do all or just 1-2 WvW dailies per day.. it's worth it.

@Raizel.1839 said:

And why would you want to infuse a ring if you only play PvP? Infused rings don't have higher stats, they don't even have visual effects, they're only useful for fract, so for a PvPer they're totally useless.

Can you not jam a third WVW infusion in them? If so that's not what I would call useless... again I am fairly new

@Riktar.6813 said:

Can you not jam a third WVW infusion in them? If so that's not what I would call useless... again I am fairly new

It’s useless for sPvP. It doesn’t effect ANY of the sPvP stats. Those are run only by amulets, sigils and runes.

It’s Not useless for the other aspects of the game. That was essentially why the poster you quoted asked it that way.

if you use the badges of honor from general achievement milestones (5,000 achievement points, etc) and use them for the wvw daily (buying an item for 30 badges of honor) in the guild hall (badge of tribute or w/e) you can get a potion of wvw reward that way to progress the gift of battle reward track. takes a long while but doesnt involve any combat. alternatively, if you tend to buy black lion chests there is an occasional war chest which drops potions of mist reward which progresses both pvp and wvw reward tracks, but the last time it was offered was i think back in march.