Necromancer is due some major nerfs, the class been flying under the radar for more than 1 year

Arheundel.6451

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Gogdarth.6741 said:Reaper is perfectly fine. Maybe focus 5 shouldn't be hitting so hard, I'll give you that. Slight lich auto nerf, maybe.

It's not bias my friend and trust me..last thing I want is for necro to be made unplayable , on the contrary of what other people may think
I see no benefit in removing professions from the game neither I am looking for god mode with any particular class
, if you check my post history you'll realize that I am always the first to denounce the class I play when it gets out of hand...regardless if the entire community of that class will hate me afterwards; complained on the forum when ranger was OP...when ele, war, guardian was so no...
I am not biased at all

That doesn't make you objective, that makes you a pretend self-righteous Karen, with manager replaced by forum complaints. Chill with witch hunts a little bit and maybe play it yourself to see how it actually performs. Might even drop those problematic traits to see how it goes without them, maybe then your hot take would hold any amount of water in it.

Have you ever considered that maybe you don't actually know what's best for the game, and your critiques garner this sort of reaction because they're, like,
not good
, not because everyone else just happens to be wrong and fails to see The Truth? Had a casual stroll through your post history as you so invited, nerfing reaps in PvE too because of almost decent bench number? Lmao. Also, nice objectivity when all of your complaints were literally only about guards and necros for like almost a year.

Just for a funny little bit, remember this one thread you yourself has made?
Yea-a-a-a-a.

I believe the OP in the thread
clearly states how nerfs always go full circle
isn't that right? People should think twice before asking for nerfs on other professions because when you gut other professions and your stays intact guess what happen?

This is not directed at PvP but should be enough to illustrate how other people feels on other professions
after being dumped on by nerfs for months

Remember the days where everybody was crying to see ele nerfed?

These are just few examples of what other professions experienced up to this moment and the reason why necromancer feels so unbalanced to fight , the keyword here is
unbalanced
, I am not asking for the class to be fun to play against AKA I am not asking for the class to be completely neutered to ele levels....I haven't reach that level of saltiness on this forum where people want to see everything but their class being reduced to a free loot bag for laughs.

There are unbalanced factors on the class atm, being made even more unbearable due to the vast amount of nerfs other professions received up to this moment.....this is not the player's fault as I said in my own thread : if you ask for nerfs..soon or later those nerfs will come to stab you in the back

people complained against fire weaver since it beat every single sidenoder by default. and was very hard to +1 due to massive sustain, the only downside was how slow it was. making not only OP as it never lost sides but boring as kitten to both play as and against as it just sat on a node, and moving ment getting losing a node.

Fire Weaver certainly deserved its initial nerfs but.....Anet went on a rampage to remove everything that made this elite actually work , you have an argument of a class with a healing amulet doing too much dmg then sure nerf the dmg but the sustain? That's what the healing amulet is for ...then they removed the stability uptime which effectively killed what little was playable on the elite spec.

But then again based on what designing logic should a class with effective 40k HP doing more damage than a class with 1/4 of the health? The devs really should explain this to me

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to remind people that WvW classes being boosted is a different beast entirely. Classes being boosted in WvW should not be used to push changes in sPvP.

You are wrong! Because current meta classes get to the play with the same version of most traits both in PvP and WvW , even more so those traits should be adjusted for PvP where everybody else got hardnerfed! Why did necro and revenant get a free pass in Feb?

And I'd like to remind people what @CMC said before the patch :" the upcoming changes will most likely break the game....but the follow up patches will fix the issues with time"........where are these follow up patches? It has been 8 months since the patch but the same classes which ended up being busted after the patch are still here....and people try to keep the status quo like their class was meant to be this strong...instead than being an oversight

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Gogdarth.6741 said:Reaper is perfectly fine. Maybe focus 5 shouldn't be hitting so hard, I'll give you that. Slight lich auto nerf, maybe.

It's not bias my friend and trust me..last thing I want is for necro to be made unplayable , on the contrary of what other people may think
I see no benefit in removing professions from the game neither I am looking for god mode with any particular class
, if you check my post history you'll realize that I am always the first to denounce the class I play when it gets out of hand...regardless if the entire community of that class will hate me afterwards; complained on the forum when ranger was OP...when ele, war, guardian was so no...
I am not biased at all

That doesn't make you objective, that makes you a pretend self-righteous Karen, with manager replaced by forum complaints. Chill with witch hunts a little bit and maybe play it yourself to see how it actually performs. Might even drop those problematic traits to see how it goes without them, maybe then your hot take would hold any amount of water in it.

Have you ever considered that maybe you don't actually know what's best for the game, and your critiques garner this sort of reaction because they're, like,
not good
, not because everyone else just happens to be wrong and fails to see The Truth? Had a casual stroll through your post history as you so invited, nerfing reaps in PvE too because of almost decent bench number? Lmao. Also, nice objectivity when all of your complaints were literally only about guards and necros for like almost a year.

Yea-a-a-a-a.

isn't that right? People should think twice before asking for nerfs on other professions because when you gut other professions and your stays intact guess what happen?

This is not directed at PvP but should be enough to illustrate how other people feels on other professions

These are just few examples of what other professions experienced up to this moment and the reason why necromancer feels so unbalanced to fight , the keyword here is
unbalanced
, I am not asking for the class to be fun to play against AKA I am not asking for the class to be completely neutered to ele levels....I haven't reach that level of saltiness on this forum where people want to see everything but their class being reduced to a free loot bag for laughs.

There are unbalanced factors on the class atm, being made even more unbearable due to the vast amount of nerfs other professions received up to this moment.....this is not the player's fault as I said in my own thread : if you ask for nerfs..soon or later those nerfs will come to stab you in the back

people complained against fire weaver since it beat every single sidenoder by default. and was very hard to +1 due to massive sustain, the only downside was how slow it was. making not only OP as it never lost sides but boring as kitten to both play as and against as it just sat on a node, and moving ment getting losing a node.

Fire Weaver certainly deserved its initial nerfs but.....Anet went on a rampage to remove everything that made this elite actually work , you have an argument of a class with a healing amulet doing too much dmg then sure nerf the dmg but the sustain? That's what the healing amulet is for ...then they removed the stability uptime which effectively killed what little was playable on the elite spec.

But then again based on what designing logic should a class with effective 40k HP doing more damage than a class with 1/4 of the health? The devs really should explain this to me

fire weaver was no different, its not uncommon for them to have 50% of their HP as a barrier, just duel random weaver in arena while waiting for a game. within 30s they will get somewhere between 10-20k barrier easy peasy.dodge = barrierstance = barrierdual wield = barrierperma vigor on to have loads of dodgeslava skin ~ 2k barrierlesser stone resonance is like what, ~6,5k barrier ?all of those really add up, and it has nothing with landing anything, spam random shit and barrier will be given to you

mostly "slaps on the wrist" for scourge

Actually that made me laugh. I'm pretty sure any one that would have taken as many "slaps on the wrist" than scourge would already have it's hand choped.

necros get to play with all 2 elites plus core class, most professions can't count themselves as lucky..and I wonder why......

Professions playing 2 elite + core class should be ultimate goal of ANet so I don't see any issue in this. As for why most professions can't count themselves as lucky, most of the time it's due to players being reluctant to play something deemed as "not meta" or in other words: "not broken OP".

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the pulsing quickness on reapers onslaught is probably the most horribly designed traits in the game right now. imo they should make it conditional.

and whats your suggestion for making it conditional then?

my suggestion is so good i dare not utter it aloud lest the chances it gets implemented decreases greatly.

You should be in politics if you aren't already...

nah its nothing special i'm just done being specific in general when talking buffs since its true that the more specific you are the less likely it is to be implemented since anet can't afford to seem like they are unduly effected by the forums.

Holo has been OP for a year straight LOL, Why would Necro need to get nerf before Nade Holo and Renegade ?

Biggest issue at the moment is holo CC and burst among Renegade being able to cover an entire node.....This was legit the reason for FB and Scourge getting gutted over the years yet renegade gets ignored? Make it fair across the board for all classes able to spam major AOE skills not just 1 or 2.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I am not biased at all

not good

Yea-a-a-a-a.

unbalanced

fire weaver was no different, its not uncommon for them to have 50% of their HP as a barrier, just duel random weaver in arena while waiting for a game. within 30s they will get somewhere between 10-20k barrier easy peasy.dodge = barrierstance = barrierdual wield = barrierperma vigor on to have loads of dodgeslava skin ~ 2k barrierlesser stone resonance is like what, ~6,5k barrier ?all of those really add up, and it has nothing with landing anything, spam random kitten and barrier will be given to you

Barrier you say?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/BarrierCheck the numbers on ele skills that grant barrier......for a spec supposed to survive off barrier...there's sure nothing to chew on unless you play a healing amulet and hit like a wet noodle at which point I can play mender SA thief and call it competitive

How else would you expect to play a light armor class forced at melee range and with the lowest base HP, no stealth or clones and less boon uptime on average compared to most other professions?

@"zoopop.5630" said:Holo has been OP for a year straight LOL, Why would Necro need to get nerf before Nade Holo and Renegade ?

Biggest issue at the moment is holo CC and burst among Renegade being able to cover an entire node.....This was legit the reason for FB and Scourge getting gutted over the years yet renegade gets ignored? Make it fair across the board for all classes able to spam major AOE skills not just 1 or 2.

Because I meet a scary holo once in a blue moon and even then can hold for a while even with a core ele.........holo doesn't spamm chill/weakness, neither has an additional health bar or 1shot elite....dodge grenades ambush and that's half battle in your favor ....renegade is just oppressive and annoying they need to extended shortbow dmg nerf to wvw and that's all really.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghastly_ClawsThe skill above can deal stupid amount of dmg at 900 range, this coupled with 1/2s cast time 1200 mark spamming makes Reaper an extremely oppressive build to fight

@Arheundel.6451 you complain about necro with ~40k eHP and insinuate that weaver had ~10keHPbut everyone ran sage so ele had ~16k hp, on top of 8k barrier for 24k eHP, I looked through the skills. back before feb patch every dodge weaver gained over 1k barrier, almost anything they did was barrier after barrier after barrier after barrier, from attacking, dodging, using skills, being attaced everything gave barrier in thousands.No wonder when I fight weavers I can drop 40k dmg into them and 20k gets blocked by barrier and 10k healed.heck, the dodge->barrier trait alone generates as much HP as healing skills.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:Holo has been OP for a year straight LOL, Why would Necro need to get nerf before Nade Holo and Renegade ?

Because I meet
a scary holo
once in a blue moon and even then can hold for a while even with a core ele.........
holo doesn't spamm chill/weakness, neither has an additional health bar or 1shot elite
....dodge grenades ambush and that's half battle in your favor ....renegade is just oppressive and annoying they need to extended shortbow dmg nerf to wvw and that's all really.

The skill above can deal stupid amount of dmg at 900 range, this coupled with
1/2s cast time 1200 mark spamming
makes Reaper an extremely oppressive build to fight

1¾ Activation time 10 Recharge time

where did you get then 1/2s cast time? Im starting to think you snapped and started trolling bruh

I wouldn't mind seeing Reaper get slower movement speed and slower attack speed than even the current base un-Quicknessed cast times in return for higher shroud damage reduction, slower shroud degen and more stability or just flat out CC immunity while in shroud like the old Shade trait.

Lich can get deleted in PvP I guess. Just make the Elite cast Summon Madness and Grim Spectre on a short cooldown instead. I do love those skills.

I hate to tell you but necro/ reaper is probably one of the more balanced classes / elites in the game right now when you compare it too things on other professions just to name a fewengineer (nades, EE)ele (lightning rod still)Heck even the standard hearald revs or the new renegade/jails rev short bow builds are more oppressive imo than necros are

ReaperWhile i do agree that RO should probably be nerfed ive also said it should come with a base shroud buff to attacking speed base reaper speed is a bit too slow and without some form of speed increase it likely warranted to have more damage than it does now if you take the current quickness away which im sure you wont agree to.... So is the argument really worth making?

Solutions???Nerf RO and make the base shroud a bit faster to compensate just not quickness level fastNerf RO and make base shroud hit harder to compensateLeave it alone and learn to kite stop turning your brain off against reaper shroud.

Rune issues.Take rune of speed out of your argument there are far more abusive runes in the game LIKE RUNE OF THE TRAPPER that only 2 professions can make use of and it provides a much more advantageous boost than something like the basic rune of speed that everyone has access to using on any class.But if you really feel so bad about rune of speed on necros then remove every current meta rune used on every other class too while we are at it so we dont have to deal with the issue in the future. What ever you current rune of preference is also remove it for the sake of balance right? But no you wont agree to this so why make the argument.

Have you ever thought of just using rune of speed yourself to cancel out the bonus when another player is using it.... you could just do that and their mobility wouldnt be an issue it would basically be the same as it was without it.

Again rune of the trapper is more of an issue imo simply because every class cannot make use of it making it more unbalancedEven rune of resistance is a bit more of an issue on classes that have low cd elite skills like rev etc being able to pop the resistance effect every 20s very most other classes who have to wait the full 2-3 mins per pop etc.

Addressing LichLich form is its own issue and you should be leaving core and reaper out of it.Im all for lich form nerfs only if the other parts of its kit get a buff to balance it out in some way.Skill 1 has too much power (i agree its a bit too strong but it should not be so weak that you feel free to just ignore getting hit by it either im not for nerfing things so you can turn your brain off to fight them.)skill 2 starts with 0 charges on use and is basically not effective. (fix this)skill 3 roots you on cast making it a pain to use in the heat of the moment. (fix this)skill 4 has way too long of a cast time for the short duration of current lich form its almost half the duration just to use it (fix this)skill 5 is ok as is....

In shortI'll be real with you you kinda sound like an ele main (may not be the case though) who simply has not gotten it to click yet that necro is one of the few hard counter match ups it has and that fighting a necro will never be easy for unless that person is far above the average decent player.

Most other people dont have issues killing necros right now. Speed rune is not even used that heavily last time i checked but i could be wrong i stopped using it back after the nerfs earlier this year because my whole build had to change around. But thats just me personally.but i would be upset if anet removed a rune that everyone could optionally used for a tiny bit of increased mobility (only under the effect of a boon) vs runes like rune of the trapper which only provides heavily advantageous things like stealth and super speed for 2 of the 9 classes.

If you really think reaper is oppressive i hate to say it but you are gonna have a hard time fighting other classes that have far better cc and damage pressure like nade holo, burst mesmers, rangers and their pets, trapper dragon hunter, trapper ranger, condi thieves... just to name a few... if you dont have issues fighting the things i just listed you shouldnt be having issues with reaper or necro either.

If you got time to come here the way you have you got time to learn the match up and get good and countering it.If you are an ele player just stop while you are a head... ele has always been weak to necro and it likely always will be because chill counters your ability to rapidly attune. You can beat necros with ele but it wont be easy just like its not easy for necro to beat thieves just deal with it and learn to handle the counter match up better.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Starting with Reaper :

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper-Slow and hard-hitting-Then you added things like : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper%27s_Onslaught ; the devs specifically added a trait that remove the main weakness of the elite, the one that was supposed to give actual counterplay , then we seen the introduction of even more problems : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed , basically the whole slow and hard hitting concept flown out of the window...why?

All the issues above are only exacerbated by the presence of this other problem : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lich_Form , it has a become truly an Iwin elite to turn around losing fights or pressure enemies in using precious CD. The idea of having "turning game" elites is great and all but........why should only necros have access to such powerful elite?

Core Necro

The build has increasingly become and issue , not properly addressed for the last 1.5 years introduced during Dec 2018, around 70% of what has been introduced in that patch.....has been nerfed to the ground, the main problem here is that everything since that patch has been steadily declining while necro has been mostly left untouched since then.

The class has not seen any "groundbreaking nerf" for almost 2 years, mostly "slaps on the wrist" for scourge but other than that necros get to play with all 2 elites plus core class, most professions can't count themselves as lucky..and I wonder why......

Personal BIAS or greater purpose?

P.S Dear devs you have proven to be more than capable of removing PvP gear to affect specific professions : Rune of Durability, toughness amulets, concentration amulets etc etc...it should be no issue at this point to remove Runes of Speed to affect Necro ever increasing mobility. Is elementalist the only class you bother to keep faithful to the original design of glass cannon mage? (worth mentioning that the cannon part has been completely removed at this point)

Think you need to get more experience fighting Necros.

@"ZDragon.3046" said:If you are an ele player just stop while you are a head... ele has always been weak to necro and it likely always will be because chill counters your ability to rapidly attune. You can beat necros with ele but it wont be easy just like its not easy for necro to beat thieves just deal with it and learn to handle the counter match up better.

...That's rich coming from necros...truly rich...I remember few years back ....

Does Diamond skin need a nerf ?You can be the best condi necro of the world and have not a single chance in a 1 v 1 against the worst ele of the world

Practice what you preach is what necros should do, at the time you'd rather play the victim card instead than learn to handle the counter match up better

I truly miss this guy being in charge of balance.......things would be very different if he was still at Anethttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jon_Peters

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Arheundel.6451" you complain about necro with ~40k eHP and insinuate that weaver had ~10keHPbut everyone ran sage so ele had ~16k hp, on top of 8k barrier for 24k eHP, I looked through the skills. back before feb patch every dodge weaver gained over 1k barrier, almost anything they did was barrier after barrier after barrier after barrier, from attacking, dodging, using skills, being attaced everything gave barrier in thousands.No wonder when I fight weavers I can drop 40k dmg into them and 20k gets blocked by barrier and 10k healed.heck, the dodge->barrier trait alone generates as much HP as healing skills.

1k barrier, 8k barrier.....soon you'll say that ele has 20k barrier each dodge....anyway the link for the skills that grant barrier is here in the thread.....people can see what is what...watching streams, tournaments and at the top.....I really don't need to entertain you with this "20k barrier and 10k heal" fantasy of yours

Make your own thread and complain about this super 20k barrier and 10k heal unkillable ele build of yours....I am sure people will take you right on board, next AT most EU teams will surely run triple weaver and win everything

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Starting with
Reaper
:

-Slow and hard-hitting-Then you added things like :
; the devs specifically added a trait that remove the main weakness of the elite, the one that was supposed to give actual counterplay , then we seen the introduction of even more problems :
, basically the whole slow and hard hitting concept flown out of the window...why?

All the issues above are only exacerbated by the presence of this other problem :
, it has a become truly an
Iwin
elite to turn around losing fights or pressure enemies in using precious CD. The idea of having "turning game" elites is great and all but........
why should only necros have access to such powerful elite?

Core Necro

The build has increasingly become and issue ,
not properly addressed for the last 1.5 years
introduced during Dec 2018, around 70% of what has been introduced in that patch.....
has been nerfed to the ground
, the main problem here is that everything since that patch has been steadily declining while necro has been mostly left untouched since then.

The class has not seen any "groundbreaking nerf" for almost 2 years, mostly "slaps on the wrist" for scourge but other than that
necros get to play with all 2 elites plus core class
, most professions can't count themselves as lucky..and I wonder why......

Personal BIAS or greater purpose?

P.S Dear devs you have proven to be more than capable of removing PvP gear to affect specific professions :
Rune of Durability, toughness amulets, concentration amulets etc etc
...it should be no issue at this point to remove
Runes of Speed
to affect Necro ever increasing mobility. Is elementalist the only class you bother to keep faithful to the original design of glass cannon mage?
(worth mentioning that the cannon part has been completely removed at this point)

Think you need to get more experience fighting Necros.

Out of all profession communities...necro is without doubt one complaining the most, the one asking constantly for nerfs and vehemently play the victim card at every turn......

"get more experience" is what the entire necro community should try to do...before trying to preach others.....

"get more experience" ..., this comes from the same people crying about ranger 24/7..."ranger pewpew me from distance pls nerf" are the keywords of every necro, then you come here and tell others to "get more experience"..

@zoopop.5630 said:Holo has been OP for a year straight LOL, Why would Necro need to get nerf before Nade Holo and Renegade ?

If Holo was truly nearly as OP as you say...it'd get spammed behind every corner and top teams would run double/triple Holo like they do with rev and....WvW would be infested by roaming Holo but....

The truth is ranked/unranked is spammed by Core necros/reapers......WvW is infested by core necros, reapers and scourge...an ever increasing extremely contagious disease...from roaming to zerging...Necros are everywhere

Unless I am fighting freaking Zan or the likes I can hold a holo with a pathetic core ele to say the least......

Holo more OP than Necro?????? Is any of guy ever been to WvW in the last few months?

I believe we need a damage comparison video between Holos and reapers...in that way people can't say anything anymore...on the forum because CMC and other devs are well aware of the dmg discrepancy on some professions, CMC planning to nerf the sustain of some professions while admitting that dmg is still too high in some instances....Reaper won't be left untouched you'll see

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the pulsing quickness on reapers onslaught is probably the most horribly designed traits in the game right now. imo they should make it conditional.

and whats your suggestion for making it conditional then?

my suggestion is so good i dare not utter it aloud lest the chances it gets implemented decreases greatly.

You don’t have any realistic suggestions. Other classes have way more mobility, movement boosts, speed boosts... and such. Some of you just have a tough time fighting better players.

And there are already conditions... it's called Life Force and needing to be in Reaper Shroud. But never mind all the other professions, with more access to quickness, that don't need those types of conditions to be met.

Again ....this is rich coming from necros...when you consider every ranger being called a a noob class user by necros at a large seemingly because they lose to ranged dmg...I do play ranger so...... I have to assume that I am a bad player while using ele because I lose to necros....and I am a noob player on ranger because I beat necros....in all this I played ele x2 the amount spent on ranger both in PvP and WvW....ok got it!

Done with this thread, said what I had to say, can only pray for future patches....

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Out of all profession communities...necro is without doubt one complaining the most, the one asking constantly for nerfs and vehemently play the victim card at every turn......

It's true that the necromancer community ask constantly for improvement of the necromancer. For nerf of other professions, thought, that's probably a delusion on your part.

That said, you have personally created an astounding number of threads pleading for nerfs. I didn't bother counting them all, but out of your 197 threads I'd say that at least half are "nerf pleas" (probably more). Ain't you ashamed of your claim that "necro are the one constantly asking for nerfs" knowing this much?

Done with this thread, said what I had to say, can only pray for future patches...

Well, that's what everybody do.

Think you missed the important stuff... or are intentionally ignoring it.

@Arheundel.6451

"Necro ever increasing mobility"

You mean like all the other professions who have access to mobility skills? And there are professions with way more on demand mobility. Speed rune? Everyone has access to it. And there is way more than enough movement impairing conditions in this game...

You forget about all the other professions that have access to speed buffs? No, just an issue with Necro.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swiftness

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superspeed

And do I really need to link every movement skill in the game across all professions?