Still no talk about balance changes

Al Masone.1274

@Opopanax.1803 said:As a player who is on and off due to life being busy (not another game), my biggest lack of draw is old and uninspired traits and weapon skills being updated to be relevant.

I so wish just a little time and care was done to tweak older and underutilized skills and traits were updated. It makes the new content more enjoyable when you have more build variety!

I'm with you on that- why in 2020 is the guardian's sceptor auto attack STILL a ball of drunk cotton and the ground skill an area where a few fists fly around surrounded by an itching noise......

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Al Masone.1274 said:

@"Opopanax.1803" said:As a player who is on and off due to life being busy (not another game), my biggest lack of draw is old and uninspired traits and weapon skills being updated to be relevant.

I so wish just a little time and care was done to tweak older and underutilized skills and traits were updated. It makes the new content more enjoyable when you have more build variety!

This

There are so many traits and skills in the game that aren't just "undertuned", but either old, dull, useless and all combinations of those words. There is just to much stuff that could be done about them.

To me TRUE balance is having all traits that you can't select be the ones that can be used in the majority of situations and then the selectable ones are the ones more specific to a build.

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@"Opopanax.1803" said:As a player who is on and off due to life being busy (not another game), my biggest lack of draw is old and uninspired traits and weapon skills being updated to be relevant.

This

There are so many traits and skills in the game that aren't just "undertuned", but either old, dull, useless and all combinations of those words. There is just to much stuff that could be done about them.

To me TRUE balance is having all traits that you can't select be the ones that can be used in the majority of situations and then the selectable ones are the ones more specific to a build.

Well, the baseline traits should be the ones that more clearly define a whole traitline, or an elite spec. The traits you can choose should offer variations in regards to the playstyle/s intended for that build, either by doubling down on its strengths or by giving some utility for situations in which that spec can't work at its full potential. All in a fluffy way, possibly.

Well, the baseline traits should be the ones that more clearly define a whole traitline, or an elite spec. The traits you can choose should offer variations in regards to the playstyle/s intended for that build, either by doubling down on its strengths or by giving some utility for situations in which that spec can't work at its full potential. All in a fluffy way, possibly.

I do wish Meditations (from spellbreaker) had a trait that enhanced them to some degree.

The worst thing is lack of communication to this subject.It is very bad to see 6 months without any proper balance patch when 3 months was already too much. All this without any word or road map on that matter.

Just a small news like "due to covid crisis, our next balance patch is delayed to december. We are planning those changes...". While it is still bad to wait that long, it is understandable and we get a schedule.

Current situation is so bad that it seems System Teams has disappeared...

@Al Masone.1274 said:

This

Agreed. This is especially true with the engineer. A good portion of the core skills (turrets, shrapnel mine, slick shoes, pistols etc.) are ineffective and are rarely used. It's so bad that the core engineer is barely played at all especially in WvW.

@JohnWater.5760 said:

@Opopanax.1803 said:As a player who is on and off due to life being busy (not another game), my biggest lack of draw is old and uninspired traits and weapon skills being updated to be relevant.

You are totally right.There's a lot of unused skills because it's old and unbalanced.

That was always the case though ... the game ALWAYS had traits that were questionable, even when it was new. Even though Anet primarily creates these based on theme, I do think they miss lots in variety by not considering more in their design. If the trait sucks, it sucks, even if it's the most aligned theme trait in the game.

On the other hand, what would drive trait design? Content? That's a dangerous game, especially when content evolves and there are different game modes. I think what we have is the best we are going to get. We see the bandwidth Anet has for changes ... we aren't going to get the volume of trait/weapon skill changes we need to fix old. unbalanced things in a reasonable time.

@Al Masone.1274 said:

This

Unfortunately when asked about the 300 sec all but deleted traits their response was they are unfortunately here to stay due to the fact reworking them takes effort. So considering that statement I wouldn't be expecting any significant changes to any class until EoD releases in yr.....

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:They got reassigned mostly to the new expansion. I think Anet, due to budgetary reasons, is focusing everything on paid PvE content in order to get more cash flow. If they do not get it out in a timely manner, and done right, they may be in a financial pickle and your balance concerns will be meaningless.

Just my observation, but I think if EoD flops they may go under. So if any of you other forumites read this then go buy some gems to support the devs.

Yeah especially now with the whole world staying still i doubt that they can be as efficient in balance updates as previously. And Anet isnt known for being fast at balancing.

Very excited for the VO storyjrelease, i am gonne catch up with it this time.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Valelutra.9128 said:I’m thinking our next patch is February

Why do you think that? T_T

In February will be the first anniversary of the mega patch that effectively buried the last
realistic
glimmers of hope for PvP to be fixed.

YeahAnd if we get it now won't happen in February, the next mega patch will be on the middle of the year.

@JohnWater.5760 said:

In February will be the first anniversary of the mega patch that effectively buried the last
realistic
glimmers of hope for PvP to be fixed.

YeahAnd if we get it now won't happen in February, the next mega patch will be on the middle of the year.

If there'll be even be any more of that in the future.I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be next to no PvP tweaks for the rest of the game's lifespan.

@JohnWater.5760 said:

Because I have a feeling they’ve cannibalized the balance team to make elite specs. So no meaningful balance will happen until elite specs are further in development or public outcry gets bad. It’s a guess but I put one of those two things are happening around Februaryish

@Valelutra.9128 said:

Because I have a feeling they’ve cannibalized the balance team to make elite specs. So no meaningful balance will happen until elite specs are further in development or public outcry gets bad. It’s a guess but I put one of those two things are happening around Februaryish

Well post on reddit actually proves it. The balance team -> new elite specs.

@SloRules.3560 said:

Well that is horrifying!

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Well that is horrifying!

The balance team has always been the team to make elite specs. There has been no cannibalization there. However, I am nort sure if we are getting the full story yet. Their absence is still unusual, because they were capable of releasing balance patches while working on especs before the previous expansions. They may be working on more profession related stuff than just 1 set of elite specs, or perhaps they really have been working on unrelated stuff. Because of course Anet will use the systems team for other stuff. Not like balance is important or anything, right????

@Ganathar.4956 said:The balance team has always been the team to make elite specs. There has been no cannibalization there. However, I am nort sure if we are getting the full story yet. Their absence is still unusual, because they were capable of releasing balance patches while working on especs before the previous expansions. They may be working on more profession related stuff than just 1 set of elite specs, or perhaps they really have been working on unrelated stuff. Because of course Anet will use the systems team for other stuff. Not like balance is important or anything, right????

1) There is no game director afaik2) Expansion is getting rushed, it was probably a very quick decision when mike z(?) dropped approximately 1 year ago

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Well that is horrifying!

Actually I think it's preferred. No one likes the balancing results anyways, so what's the point of wasting devs time doing it as opposed to making new content?

@Obtena.7952 said:

Well that is horrifying!

Actually I think it's preferred. No one likes the balancing results anyways, so what's the point of wasting devs time doing it as opposed to making new content?

True, if they are going to do very superficial or half-hearted changes, then it is worse than doing nothing at all, for the most part.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

Well that is horrifying!

The balance team has always been the team to make elite specs. There has been no cannibalization there. However, I am nort sure if we are getting the full story yet. Their absence is still unusual, because they were capable of releasing balance patches while working on especs before the previous expansions. They may be working on more profession related stuff than just 1 set of elite specs, or perhaps they really have been working on unrelated stuff. Because of course Anet will use the systems team for other stuff. Not like balance is important or anything, right????

I assume the balance team do more than just balance patches. If you are working on project A that does not meant project B is down for eternity. The problem is much simpler. Anet current management sucks. They cannot manage projects or resources.