FUSER - [Merged]

@"Blude.6812" said:Why am I getting links to Fuzer from Anet in my e-mail? It has nothing to do with the game nor is it anything I would ever want. Looking at the message source says it is coming from Anet.At least my e-mail client send it to the junk box.

You can unsubscribe from the newsletter (either there's a link within the e-mail or you go to your account page on the website and uncheck the newsletter option).

If you want your news limited to GW2 related contents, just read the news page that shows upon logging into the game (it is the same as this one).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I don't know if it is accidental, or purposeful.You do sign up to 'newsletters @ ncsoft.com' (sans spaces, of course) when signing up for GW2's newsletter.

I suspect it is purposeful; I don't really mind hearing about new games available from our publisher. Though, not interested in that one.

Considering there's seperate options on the GW2 account page for recieving news about Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2 and "Arenanet and NCSoft family of products" I'd expect to get emails about other games only if that third one is accepted. I think initially it signs you up for all 3 togther, but it should be possible to disable the NCSoft one and only get news about Guild Wars 1 & 2. If they continue to send NCSoft news to those mailing lists that would be pretty annoying, and in the EU it's illegal.

If this is purposeful marketing, the marketing team has to wake up. I find it hard to believe many GW2 players are going to be interested in Fuser (1 in 300 maybe?). It is a bit obnoxious as well since it only has news for that one game, and it isn't something that I received only once. I never get GW2 news though. Is there no more GW2 newsletters?