The End; Salt on the Wound Achievement impossible ?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Coelho Nat.4697 said:Some time ago I complained about some Achievements that are hidden behind some group event. If the event has good rewards, you can find many groups even 1 year after the release. However, there are many ones that give no rewards at all, and if you don´t complete it in the first 2 weeks, good luck in finding someone to help.The achievement cited in this post is one good example. Try lfg and you are very lucky if someone joins you in 2h.

The achievement can be done solo so not really a good example.

You've been repeating this statement a lot, could you provide us with a clip of you soloing this achievement? I'm interested in seeing how you fare considering its bugged beyond belief and the most recent people to have completed it have all said they needed to get a group going

There are clips of it being soloed. Just an FYI that this thread is over a year old and you just quoted a post of mine that was two months old.

Thread was still active a month ago and is one of the few results for GW2 Salt on the Wound so ''over a year old'' is irrelevant, please link me a recent clip of you or someone else soloing this, otherwise I'm going to have to assume it can't be solo'd and that your claims are wrong

The encounter hasn’t changed so find any on YouTube. The age of the thread, including when I posted, is relevant to the part where you said I keep repeating the statement. I said it three times over the course of a year and half...It has changed, the few videos of the encounter on Youtube(there's next to none showcasing the actual achievement, wonder why..) show Aurene's projectiles actually hitting Kralk, dealing damage and y'know, firing off in the first place, doing the encounter in-game now just has projectiles phase through Kralk, rarely hitting and as soon as you fly over the 2nd wing its game over, no more line of sight to anything

I'm many attempts in, I've emulated all the ''pro strats'' and none have worked, this can't be solo'd and these problems have existed since before your two month old post in which you claim it can be solo'd

@"lostinthought.7540" said:I've tried this achievement about 20 times now. The issue is that his weak spots seem to go out of LOS, or my shots miss, much more often than videos on YouTube would suggest. For example, during the second phase, the weak spots on his right wing go out of LOS almost immediately after Aurene flies past his spine. Another example is the weak spots at the end of his tail during the first phase; I cannot hit those until I am super far away.

I've also had multiple instances where my shots will destroy weak points that I didn't target, almost as if the shots are freely aimed rather than homing/targeted.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I think this actually is bugged. Everytime I fly past the spine on the second attacking phase I can't target any of the weakpoints. They are all "Out of Line Of Site", even though they are right there in front of me. Would love a fix to this.

EDIT: In the meantime, anyone having trouble with this can add me as a friend and we can try doing it together. Maybe that will work?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@"Evandar.3678" said:Well, if you can direct me to a video, that would be really appreciated. I tried to find one but did not succeed. It seems like there is no video of that achievement :O

https://www.google.com/search?q=gw2+salt+on+wound+achievement

Go to the video tab and pick one. Ayin Maiden's guides are usually a great option. You can also go to YouTube and do a search as I'm sure there are several videos of people doing it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Evandar.3678" said:Well, if you can direct me to a video, that would be really appreciated. I tried to find one but did not succeed. It seems like there is no video of that achievement :O

Go to the video tab and pick one. Ayin Maiden's guides are usually a great option. You can also go to YouTube and do a search as I'm sure there are several videos of people doing it.

I don't want to sound rude, but did you check before sending this?

What I see are 10 videos, only 4 are about the correct instance, and all of those are the full instance, without achievement.

@Evandar.3678 said:

@Evandar.3678 said:Well, if you can direct me to a video, that would be really appreciated. I tried to find one but did not succeed. It seems like there is no video of that achievement :O

I don't want to sound rude, but did you check before sending this?

What I see are 10 videos, only 4 are about the correct instance, and all of those are the full instance, without achievement.

Ayin Maiden got the achievement in her video. Hers is probably the first video listed.

@"Evandar.3678" said:Are you sure of that?

I checked the video, and even if the "eligibility" stays here after the portal, we don't see the achievement pop up, and visually it really doesn't seems like she destroyed ten.

I looked at the achievement "buff" and it's supposed to give credit when entering Fissure of Woe. You're right that it doesn't show the achievement as I thought it was briefly shown after the cutscene of Kralk falling.

I know a lot of people ask without searching before, but I did my research before.

If I had found a video of the achievement being done, I would be studying it by now, not despairly trying to found the solution on this forum.

A lot of people said "it is doable alone" but what they said doesn't works for me (lot of "missed" and "out of sight").

And I did not found a video showing the successful achievement.

So I guess there's only one solution left, find 4 other people willing to lose their time for that.

The thing is that I tried that mission again the the hit boxes felt different from when the episode was first released. It was entirely possible to solo it and having a group would let you get the achievement with ease back then. Anet may have broken something which isn't surprising. What also wouldn't be surprising is if this never got fixed.

I recently completed this achievement and was frustrated by the bugs (miss, out of sight, hitting other targets). The trick I found was to choose a target each attack phase and fire continuously; do NOT change target unless your target gets destroyed. All of the videos are outdated, change targets, and never miss.

The first phase I targeted the center of the back, the second phase I targeted the nearest point on the left wing. All shots on the first half of each attack phase will miss, just keep firing.

I managed to solo mine on the third try. I read a person's post, somewhere, that mentioned only shoot ahead of yourself. I've helped another person with this achievement, and I got a "buff the damage done" action on my action bar. Apparently that helps enormously.

The person I helped asked in LA chat so it may be worthwhile asking there for assistance. People already in DF are likely to be key farming/working towards the meta, and may be less inclined to help, for those reasons. The story is instanced, so they may not end up back on the map IP they left.

• 2 months later...

As of today it is impossible to do alone and I have attempted with another person which also did not work. As the user above, I have researched this problem extensively and have read all of the Wiki suggestions. I have also not found a video with the achievement shown after this problem has become so unsolvable. This is preventing me from obtaining the Legendary Vision so its quite annoying that it has not been fixed. Especially since the problem has been ongoing for so many months. I have just submitted a request but am not sure how that will help me. It does not seem reasonable to put the users through all of these researching issues and running this achievement with numerous of my characters all because of a well-known issue.

@Peaka.2965 said:As of today it is impossible to do alone and I have attempted with another person which also did not work. As the user above, I have researched this problem extensively and have read all of the Wiki suggestions. I have also not found a video with the achievement shown after this problem has become so unsolvable. This is preventing me from obtaining the Legendary Vision so its quite annoying that it has not been fixed. Especially since the problem has been ongoing for so many months. I have just submitted a request but am not sure how that will help me. It does not seem reasonable to put the users through all of these researching issues and running this achievement with numerous of my characters all because of a well-known issue.

Do it with full team.When going from left to right over his body always aim 1 aurene to the right of yourself.

I was able to obtain a full team to attempt completion of the Salt in the Wound event. Thank you very much Linken.6345. Even though I did not hit anywhere near the required 10 wounds as directed, I did receive the achievement. I want to mention that the rest of the team was all in the same predicament and to their delight, they ALL received the achievement as well. This was also achieved on the first attempt as a full party. Granted this was a positive outcome; however, the weeks of attempting solo and with a lower number of party members is simply unacceptable for an over a year-long known bug. There should be some direction on the wiki page that explains how the entire achievement is irreversibly bugged and the only method of collection is for a full party. So I want to again thank Linken and Anet for this forum.

A pointer about this achievement: it's probably bugged because you do NOT have to destroy 10 weak spots. You can do the achievement solo just fine, you don't need a team. While under Kralk find a weak spot and spam attack on it, do NOT try to hit another weak spot. Once you go to the left wing aim at the purple "horn" like thingy (there is a weak spot there) and spam attack, once Aurene moves to the right wing, find the similar purple horn and spam attack on it. You will get the achievement that way.

• Thanks 2

@"maddoctor.2738" said:A pointer about this achievement: it's probably bugged because you do NOT have to destroy 10 weak spots. You can do the achievement solo just fine, you don't need a team. While under Kralk find a weak spot and spam attack on it, do NOT try to hit another weak spot. Once you go to the left wing aim at the purple "horn" like thingy (there is a weak spot there) and spam attack, once Aurene moves to the right wing, find the similar purple horn and spam attack on it. You will get the achievement that way.

I just tried this and it worked for me. Thanks for the help!