Are we gonna talk about this... New Weapons!!

@"Eagelseye.6312" said:

• The Warrior getting Dual wielding spec for Greatswords (a GS each hand!)

Serious question here, who on earth wants that? it would look silly, human female warrior can barely hold 1 GS with 2 hands, the swords are huge, double the size of a real sword. If swords like the Zweihänder are 4.5kg then swords like the Illuminated Boreal Greatsword would easily be 20-40kg in weight... just try and swing it.Illuminated_Boreal_Greatsword.jpg

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@"Eagelseye.6312" said:
  • The Warrior
    getting
    Dual wielding spec for Greatswords (a GS each hand!)

Serious question here, who on earth wants that? it would look silly, human female warrior can barely hold 1 GS with 2 hands, the swords are huge, double the size of a real sword. If swords like the Zweihänder are 4.5kg then swords like the Illuminated Boreal Greatsword would easily be 20-40kg in weight... just try and swing it.
Illuminated_Boreal_Greatsword.jpg

I think it's an anime thing.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Eagelseye.6312" said:
  • The Warrior
    getting

Serious question here, who on earth wants that? it would look silly, human female warrior can barely hold 1 GS with 2 hands, the swords are huge, double the size of a real sword. If swords like the Zweihänder are 4.5kg then swords like the Illuminated Boreal Greatsword would easily be 20-40kg in weight... just try and swing it.

Nah its a wow thing ever heard of Titan's Grip fury warrior?

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Eagelseye.6312" said:
  • The Warrior
    getting

Nah its a wow thing ever heard of Titan's Grip fury warrior?

Nope. Never did WoW. Had no real desire.

New weapons as in say a 2 handed Axe, i doubt it, it requires art, balance, new animations, new mechanics and so for.

What would be viable and i wish they would do already, is scrap the useless underwater combat that nobody cares for, and recycle spear, harpoon and trident into real weapons.

Would love me some warrior with shield and spear.

@Apolo.5942 said:New weapons as in say a 2 handed Axe, i doubt it, it requires art, balance, new animations, new mechanics and so for.Or they can just reuse Hammer animations, as a Greataxe would look similar anyway.

They could also use a few Greatsword animations.The Greatsword throwing animation from Mesmer, Warrior (or Ranger before it got removed) wouldn't look too weird with an Axe.Guardian's Greatsword whirl would work well with an Axe, too.

@Apolo.5942 said:New weapons as in say a 2 handed Axe, i doubt it, it requires art, balance, new animations, new mechanics and so for.

What would be viable and i wish they would do already, is scrap the useless underwater combat that nobody cares for, and recycle spear, harpoon and trident into real weapons.

Would love me some warrior with shield and spear.

Trident would be a bit redundant with how it's just the underwater staff, speargun likewise is kind of redundant with rifle. Spear as a new single handed weapon for land based combat would be great though, we see Paragon NPCs do it after all.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:Trident would be a bit redundant with how it's just the underwater staff, speargun likewise is kind of redundant with rifle.

They could give Trident to Revenant and Thief on land, letting them have access to a more magical staff-equivalent, as their regular staffs are melee weapons. Speargun could become a more damage focussed weapon on Engineer and less utility-focused like their usual Rifle.

@The Boz.2038 said:It's an expansion-level implementation; why would you just assume they'd just tick a box and reuse all the kitten animations they have right now?

Because they reused many animations for the current 'new' elite specs. So I'd be willing to say that they will consider the current 'Throw' finished and good ok enough to use on an elite spec. Anet has a track record of reusing assets rather than making new ones.

Getting new weapons for classes would be awesome, but I am pretty certain this is not what Anet meant. While I am unsure of the context, new weapons would be the biggest thing since PoF release. Anet advertise each LW episode as if it the biggest thing since grilled cheese. Something with the magnitude of new weapons announcement would be beyond any doubt. And considering the proximity of the new expansion, something like new weapons is highly unlikely.

What Anet was probably eluding to is weapon drops with new skins.

• 3 months later...

Woah. That's some cool news. And yes, balancing will be tough, as it always is, but this game has been about challenging the traditional mmorpg concepts since day 1, and newity is always a good idea because it opens the door to refinement, or at least it lights a torch for others to carry. Bring on the new weapons, bring on the new skills, those who don't like the brave approach can go play WoW, kthxbai.

Edit: Read some of the other comments, if it's just skins then my opinion still stands, but I want actual content, not vanity.

I'd like to see a greataxe weapon (would suit a warrior IMO), and a whip weapon (suits elementalist - would go in the character's hand where a sword would normally go), and a scythe weapon (suits necro) - and I'm not talking about scythe STAFF skins, I mean a new actual scythe weapon.

In terms of a skin I'd like to see - I'd like to see the animated Voltaic Spear skin in GW2

@"Zaoda.1653" said:In terms of a skin I'd like to see - I'd like to see the animated Voltaic Spear skin in GW2

That one already is in the game, albeit for underwater, under the name Al'ir'aska.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Al%27ir%27askaI don't know if it's animated though.

There's also a Worn Voltaic Spear skin, but that one was never released.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Worn_Voltaic_Spear_(skin)